Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rand just sold out on Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Which means Rand is naive.

Nothing that comes out of a nominee's mouth matters at all because there is zero way to hold them to it.
    "Why don't we dunk him in the water and see if he floats?" https://www.ronpaulforums.com/showth...he-floats-quot

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Isn't it amazing how we got so much whining about Kavanaugh on the 4th but not one person took the initiative to post a senator's number to call and lobby.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

FDR in 1937 did try to add seats to our Supreme Court...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    Is that someone necessarily worse than Kavanaugh? The 4th Amendment may be the most important one to protect, with the emerging technology that will shape the future. And don't forget that 100,000 pages of his records from the Bush years are HIDDEN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Yep. I can count on one hand the number of Republican's and Democrats that i would feel comfortable with the decision making practices, and that's not enough to keep worrying about who controls the Statism every 4 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Does it really matter? I don't like SC Justices that are deferential to government. This whole Left/Right "balance" on the Court is kinda silly. It seems their preference for government is 8-0. It's just a matter of which issues they're debating and the political direction at the time. I don't expect so-called "conservative" justices to protect the 4th amendment anymore than I expect "liberal" justices to protect the 2nd.

Have you seen the budget?! So glad we gave the GOP power.

This whole left/right shtick is getting pretty old. I'm not sure how many times they'll need to kick you with the other boot before you'll get the message.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    You can't fail at the 4th amendment and get a pass, or any of the bill of rights. I go farther than saying he shouldn't be on the supreme court he should be in jail. He is a coward for not standing up for the bill of rights and he does not deserve any more of my tax dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    If the ultra-orthodox Kavanaugh cannot be confirmed, no one can. The Democrats will refuse to confirm anyone, or allow a confirmation to proceed normally, until they put a Communist of their own in office; at which point there will be a queue of empty seats to fill with the most radical Communists an Obama 2.0 can muster.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    they are already talking about expanding the court the moment they seize power again, adding 2 or more new seats. We need to abolish the SC or limit it to only dealing with state vs state issues.
    Bad strategy.

Never compromise. Demand 100%. Settle for nothing less.

The government have now is the result of settling for the lesser of evils for decades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galileo Galilei View Post
    I stand with Rand and the US Constitution. A libertarian is a Republican who has been falsely accused.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    This was more than likely the reason Rand backed him. Rand had had conversations with him and I'm sure it was brought up....

https://reason.com/blog/2018/09/13/b...enter-v-united
    Which means Rand is naive.

Nothing that comes out of a nominee's mouth matters at all because there is zero way to hold them to it.
    Only time will tell... What FDR in 1937 did is a reaction to the Pro-Business "roar" of the 1920s.
    Trump's big ballooning DEBT could trigger a GREAT RECESSION that in turn will see the current
    party out of power fall back on ancient lore, that is way older than LBJ's vision of a Great Society.

The way Kavanaugh was treated was disgusting, regardless of how you view his rulings. Sending him to the court sends a signal that accusations without substantiation will not be the norm

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Liberty90 View Post
    The way Kavanaugh was treated was disgusting, regardless of how you view his rulings. Sending him to the court sends a signal that accusations without substantiation will not be the norm
    At the expense of the Constitution.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

loveshiscountry

Bad strategy.

Never compromise. Demand 100%. Settle for nothing less.

The government have now is the result of settling for the lesser of evils for decades.
    Someone who agrees with you 80 percent of the time isn't the enemy. You forget that?

Are you kidding?! This whole debacle sends the signal to the RNC/DNC/Media that huge ratings and fundraising can be ensured by a drummed up "controversy".

Regardless of whether he was confirmed or not, the message is well-received. You won't see fewer of these things!

So if that's your justification for putting him on the Court, I think you're missing the mark. Since the ultimate confirmation didn't matter for that "signal", then we might as well have held on for a better Judge.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Are you kidding?! This whole debacle sends the signal to the RNC/DNC/Media that huge ratings and fundraising can be ensured by a drummed up "controversy".

Regardless of whether he was confirmed or not, the message is well-received. You won't see fewer of these things!

So if that's your justification for putting him on the Court, I think you're missing the mark. Since the ultimate confirmation didn't matter for that "signal", then we might as well have held on for a better Judge.
    Yeah I thought I was optimistic myself, I was really hoping that all of those baseless accusations would fall on deaf ears because people would stop falling for the big lie once they became desensitized from it, but it seems like there is no desensitizing from it, it seems like they just target different people with it.

Held on until when, exactly? Since everything is choreographed then when exactly did you think you would get the perfect candidate, in your mind, proffered by POTUS and nominated by the Senate? What exactly is it you are holding on for when you believe that everything is scripted from the get go?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Held on until when, exactly? Since everything is choreographed then when exactly did you think you would get the perfect candidate, in your mind, proffered by POTUS and nominated by the Senate? What exactly is it you are holding on for when you believe that everything is scripted from the get go?
    I was just refuting the notion that by confirming Kav it was going to put a stop to accusations without substance. The truth is the final result didn't really matter because the goal had already been achieved and to resounding results.

If we really want to put a stop to these things, it will only happen when we realize that the producers need an audience. If the audience were to ever rise above the story line and pay attention to how they're being manipulated, they'd have to change the theme. I've never maintained that these things are carefully scripted and choreographed - it's more like the producers select the thematic fault lines for the actors to exploit for maximum fundraising and division. Like a reality TV show, the stage is set, the actors are chosen, the theme is given to the actors and then they do their best to fight over control of the power and the audience dutifully selects which side they'd like to have that power. If the audience were to ever turn the channel, they'd have to cancel the show or come up with one with which the audience would engage.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Constitution-hating Kavanaugh is disgusting, and meanwhile you're worried about sending some weak message about how we treat sexual assault allegations? Does TMZ have a forum? Maybe it'd be a better place to make this kind of point.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Did Kavanaugh help obscure Vince Foster's cause of death? Witness Knowlton and FBI agent Miquel Rodriguez saw neck bullet hole on Foster's body.

UK Telegraph: My sinister battle with Brett Kavanaugh over the truth- Ambrose Evans-Pritchard https://archive.is/Fd0jS
    (Original Telegraph article has Reg wall)

The ruse worked. Not hard to get Americans worked into a lather about 30+ year old stuff that doesn't matter while the real issues are buried in a mountain of ignorance.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456