Thread: Trump's Proposed 20% Budget Increase

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    2018 Budget and Spending data:

The United States federal budget for fiscal year 2018, which ran from October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018, was named America First: A Budget Blueprint to Make America Great Again. It was the first budget proposed by newly-elected President Donald Trump, submitted to the 115th Congress on March 16, 2017. Wikipedia

Total expenditures: $4.094 trillion (requested)
    Total revenue: $3.654 trillion (estimated)
    Deficit: $440 billion (requested) $779 billion (actual)
    Submitted: March 16, 2017
    Submitted by: Donald Trump
    Submitted to: 115th Congress

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    I won't support in budget that is not balanced.
    Spending is going up by quite a lot and the debt also is going up by quite a lot. Seems fairly balanced to me.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

2018 Budget and Spending data:

The United States federal budget for fiscal year 2018, which ran from October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018, was named America First: A Budget Blueprint to Make America Great Again. It was the first budget proposed by newly-elected President Donald Trump, submitted to the 115th Congress on March 16, 2017. Wikipedia

Total expenditures: $4.094 trillion (requested)
    Total revenue: $3.654 trillion (estimated)
    Deficit: $440 billion (requested) $779 billion (actual)
    Submitted: March 16, 2017
    Submitted by: Donald Trump
    Submitted to: 115th Congress
    That budget made America OK again, but to really make America great we need way more spending on our vast overseas military empire. It needs to be about 20% vaster at least.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

DoD budget up to near $800B and that's just the on-the-books (DoD...books...lol pffft) spending for one budget request. The supplementals and special war funds and whatnot are always extra. IIRC, that means DoD budget has approximately doubled over the last 8-10 years.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Gee, wonder what Pelosi will do with this “budget”?

My guess is that this is the Trump administration posturing. Pelosi might cut the MIC money, and Trump will blame it on her. But she may leave it the same and add more to everything else. Free money for everyone!

Too bad Trump’s opening bid wasn’t a $1 trillion budget. Total.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    That budget made America OK again, but to really make America great we need way more spending on our vast overseas military empire. It needs to be about 20% vaster at least.
    It needs to be enough for simultaneous wars on Iran and Venezuela. Cuba and North Korea can be in the next budget.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

With all the cuts in this proposal to Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, there is still almost a 20% increase in spending, That is $700 billion more than the government spent last year.

I won't support in budget that is not balanced. In good economic times, the government should not be taking on any debt!
    Where are the additions that make up the full 20%? If it's really only a 5% increase in military, that still leaves a huge amount, and it's allegedly lessened by those cuts mentioned (which I suspect are not real cuts, which will account for part of the increases).

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What are the specific increases that are not mandatory ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Gee, wonder what Pelosi will do with this “budget”?

My guess is that this is the Trump administration posturing. Pelosi might cut the MIC money, and Trump will blame it on her. But she may leave it the same and add more to everything else. Free money for everyone!

Too bad Trump’s opening bid wasn’t a $1 trillion budget. Total.
    He would have to get rid of his babies- all of the Department of Homeland Security, his wall, all of the department of defense, every other department and their employees, all of Medicare and Medicaid and throw half the people off Social Security (sorry Grannie- it will be dumpster diving and cat food for you!). That leaves about $400 billion for interest on the debt and about $600 billion left for Social Security.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Where are the additions that make up the full 20%? If it's really only a 5% increase in military, that still leaves a huge amount, and it's allegedly lessened by those cuts mentioned (which I suspect are not real cuts, which will account for part of the increases).
    He is overstating the increase. 2019 spending was $4.4 trillion and the new request is for 4.75 trillion- $350 billion more. Some is probably cost of living increases in Social Security and rising interest on the debt too. Defense spending up about $50 billion. Cuts are over 10 years and are usually "back loaded" meaning that most of them don't come into effect until towards the end of that time by which people have forgotten about those promised cuts.

Cuts are also sometimes actually reductions in the expected increases. "Instead of raising your budget by $20 billion, we will only raise it by $10 billion. I have now just cut $10 billion in spending! (even though spending is actually higher).

Congress writes the budget anyways- starting with the Democrat controlled House- this one is DOA.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-12-2019 at 05:58 PM.