Thread: Are you ready to pay your individual shared responsibility payment?

Are you ready to pay your individual shared responsibility payment?

The individual shared responsibility payment

If you can afford health insurance but choose not to buy it, you must pay a fee known as the individual shared responsibility payment.

The fee in 2014 is 1% of your yearly income or $95 per person for the year, whichever is higher. The fee increases every year. In 2016 it is 2.5% of income or $695 per person, whichever is higher.

In 2014 the payment for uninsured children is $47.50 per child. The most a family would have to pay in 2014 is $285.

You make the payment when you file your 2014 taxes, which are due in April 2015.
    Healthcare.gov
    Last edited by VoluntaryAmerican; 11-16-2013 at 03:06 PM.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I. Will. Not. Comply.

GRRRRRRR! More extortion. Taxation is theft.

No thanks , I am currently and forever will be uninterested in sharing responsibility for others food , housing , health , birth control ,abortions , sex changes, welfare , food stamps ,etc , but thank you for the wonderful opportunity in case I was to ever lose my mind and want to kick in to the disaster that was once america.

make sure you don't get a refund from your regular taxes for them to withhold from!
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post
    [B]You make the payment when you file your 2014 taxes, which are due in April 2015.
    serial non filer here.
    Last edited by mrsat_98; 11-16-2013 at 05:16 PM.

I'm an unemployed college student. WTF am I gonna pay?

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    I hear kidneys are in demand.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I. Will. Not. Comply.
    Same here... As I have said before: I will not sign up for this, I will not pay any fines or penalties levied against me for my refusal to sign up for this, I will refuse any and all orders to appear before a local. state or federal court regarding aforementioned refusal and I will refuse to cooperate with any and all local, state or federal officers/agents who come to force me to appear before a court or sign up for this intrusive program. They will have to drag me to prison or kill me and I honestly no longer give a flying $#@!.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

They will levy paychecks....

Who the hell decides if I can "afford" their insurance. $#@! you Obama and your piss ant minions
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

I don't file taxes anymore. $#@! you Homeland Security if your reading this. 1776 is coming again.

Some of you have a bad attitude about your shared responsibility. Someday I might need a hip replaced. Who is going to pay for that if not you?
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Some of you have a bad attitude about your shared responsibility. Someday I might need a hip replaced. Who is going to pay for that if not you?
    Don't forget the cosmetic prosthetics while you're there...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Don't forget the cosmetic prosthetics while you're there...
    A hair transplant at the very least. Getting a little thin on top. It IS in the public interest.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

I think for many people, the fine will be cheaper than buying insurance.
    Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulfollower999 View Post
    I think for many people, the fine will be cheaper than buying insurance.
    It will be for any uninsured who does not have ins and has income enough to not get tax funded help.This allows the evil , bloated govt to collect more money from , oh , say 20 % of the population, imagine that ?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wish they'd cover hearing aids. Why oh why didn't they mandate hearing aid coverage????

The same guy that said we would be able to keep our old plans said that the IRS would not aggressively pursue collection of these fines. Thank heavens for that!

I WANT the IRS to aggressively pursue the fines. That's how tax revolts start.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I wish they'd cover hearing aids.
    There's nothing said that I want to hear that can't be amplified...

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Yes , my attitude is poor , this is strangely not the first time I have heard this , LOL

President Obama is not amused by this talk of non compliance

Prediction: States will not issue drivers licenses to refuseniks.
    Because health care insurance is now everyone's "responsibility"
    You want a passport? ROFL

What part of "It's the LAW" do people not understand?
    Oh and don't forget --to get "exempt" you have to apply.

And if you don't apply, the interest on the penalty grows every hour.
    You are now totally owned by the government. Thanks Obamacare!

Are you Amish or Native American? I hear that is like your only way out, comrade.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

Are you Amish or Native American? I hear that is like your only way out, comrade.
    To be safe , go all in , Native American Amish.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    To be safe , go all in , Native American Amish.
    Now there is an idea! RPF needs to form it's own Amish-native tribe.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by jdmyprez_deo_vindice View Post
    Same here... As I have said before: I will not sign up for this, I will not pay any fines or penalties levied against me for my refusal to sign up for this, I will refuse any and all orders to appear before a local. state or federal court regarding aforementioned refusal and I will refuse to cooperate with any and all local, state or federal officers/agents who come to force me to appear before a court or sign up for this intrusive program. They will have to drag me to prison or kill me and I honestly no longer give a flying $#@!.
    +1776 Brother

Chester Copperpot

Anybody born in America is a native American.

Well , have you been drawing any unemployment?

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Piper View Post
    President Obama is not amused by this talk of non compliance

!
    Ewwwww he is smelling his finger.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmyprez_deo_vindice View Post
    I feel the same. FEMA camp, here I come!
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Taxation is theft.
    In this case there is no doubt out it.