Thread: RedState: DC GOP Vice-Chair and Delegates Resign Over Trump Nom, to Vote for Gary Johnson

RedState: DC GOP Vice-Chair and Delegates Resign Over Trump Nom, to Vote for Gary Johnson

From RedState:

The fallout from the RNC continues to cause chaos within the GOP.
    In an article released by the Daily Beast, Gary Teal, vice-chair of the Washington, DC GOP revealed that he will be resigning from his post due to the fact that he cannot vote for the Republican Presidential nominee.

“If I’m not going to vote for the nominee, then I have to resign my position,” Teal said. “I’m prepared to do that.”

So where is he taking his vote then? Same place many others like Glenn Beck, and possibly Jeb Bush seem to be. He's moving to the Libertarian ticket, and voting for Gary Johnson.

According to the Daily Beast, he's not the only one planning on moving out of the Trump's shadow, and toward the 3rd party.
    Three additional delegates from Washington, D.C., joined Teal to announce their support for the libertarian candidate. Justin Dillon, Kris Hammond, and Peter Lee—who were wearing #NeverTrump buttons—spoke to The Daily Beast in the hallway of Quicken Loans Arena, just minutes after Donald Trump finished his keynote speech on Thursday night.

“The RNC has bungled this nomination process by having bad rules,” Teal said, referring to a controversy over nominating rules that caused chaos on the convention floor Monday. “And now at this convention, they’ve sacrificed integrity in favor of unity.”
    Full story here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    By the end of the summer this trickle will be a flood.

I think it will. We'll see. So far there's:

Vice-chair of the DC Republican Party Gary Teal
    Rhode Island State Senator Dawson Hodgson
    Nebraska State Senator Laura Ebke
    US Representative Tom Campbell
    Mayor of Charleston, West Virginia, Danny Jones
    DC Republican delegate Justin Dillon
    DC Republican delegate Kris Hammond
    DC Republican delegate Peter Lee
    New Hampshire State Representative Max Abramson
    Nevada Assemblyman John Moore
    Montana State Representative Nicholas Schwaderer
    Utah State Senator Mark Madsen
    Jeff Krauss, mayor of Bozeman, Montana
    Joel Davis, mayor of Paden City, West Virginia
    Julie Jakmides, city council member, Alliance, Ohio
    Rob Morrow, Chairman of the Travis County, Texas, Republican Party
    Jennifer Nassour, former Chairwoman of the Massachusetts Republican Party
    John Pickerill, former chairman of the Montgomery county, Indiana, Republican Party
    Jonathan Choate, Member of the Cache County Republican Party Executive Committee

Seems like a lot of Republicans are repulsed enough by Trump's authoritarian campaign to jump ship and endorse the LP.
    Last edited by RJ Liberty; 07-23-2016 at 10:58 PM. Reason: edited to add names to the list

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    By the end of the summer this trickle will be a flood.
    Maybe. It needs to happen fast if Johnson wants to get in the debates. He's an average of 5 points short now.

I know several people here who hold local GOP positions and are planning to resign and join the LP.

Folks, make sure you send an email to Red State or The Blaze or Rare or some other venue to let them know.

The more of these stories the better, to encourage those still on the fence.

What a bunch of traitors. They are passing up an opportunity To have these people pack their bags and leave America:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywo...if-trump-wins/

I think there are others too.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

At this rate the LP will become a new Beck-Neocon hybrid. Maybe Jeb can run under their banner next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecraftian4Paul View Post
    At this rate the LP will become a new Beck-Neocon hybrid. Maybe Jeb can run under their banner next time.
    To some extent, dilution inevitably follows growth.

If the LP becomes a much larger party, it will become a less radically libertarian party, no doubt.

That does not, however, mean it will become the party of Jeb Bush.

Rothbard's thoughts on the matter:

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I know several people here who hold local GOP positions and are planning to resign and join the LP.

Folks, make sure you send an email to Red State or The Blaze or Rare or some other venue to let them know.

The more of these stories the better, to encourage those still on the fence.
    Great point, R3v. We do have local people in GOP positions here. Francisco, I know, and others as well. It will make more of an impact if they contact RedState or other media to express their disillusionment with the GOP.

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic