Thread: "IT'S A TRAP"

"IT'S A TRAP"

Looks like a trap to me, and all the senators that are running for President have to come off the election trail for the trial and if it gets stretched out into 2020, that pulls them away at a critical moment. Also imagine the Bidens squirming under lethal questioning right as the first primary votes happen. Yeah it's a trap, and the Democrats fell right into it, they are so stupid.

Trump has said he wants to call former Vice President Joe Biden, who is a leading contender for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2020, and his son Hunter Biden, who served on the board of Ukrainian energy company.

Trump, who is seeking re-election, has accused the Bidens of corruption, without providing evidence, and pushed Ukraine’s president to investigate them in a July 25 phone call that triggered the impeachment inquiry. Trump has defended the phone call as perfect and said he did nothing wrong.

Biden has said he would not voluntarily testify at a Senate trial but has not said how he would respond to a subpoena. The prospect of Biden leaving the campaign trail to defend himself against Trump’s allegations in the very chamber where he served for decades holds the potential for must-watch TV.

Historically, a president’s defense lawyers have been allowed to request witness testimony, but such demands must be approved by a majority of senators.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You'd think the Democrats would be smart enough to see the bait that is being thrown at them.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Say what you want about Pelosi, but she was just smart enough to want nothing to do with it.

And I have a special shout-out to all the Trump humpers who accused me of having TDS because I was all for it: If Democrat politicians ever want rope, give it to them! Give them all they need to hang themselves! I'll be accepting apologies all day...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    Looks like a trap to me, and all the senators that are running for President have to come off the election trail for the trial and if it gets stretched out into 2020, that pulls them away at a critical moment.
    If you can't investigate a candidate that is running for president; then it seems like sitting senators would have to recuse themselves from a senate trial/vote for impeachment as well.

Investigating Biden is off the table as any investigations into Biden is obviously an impeachable offense.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

The prospect of Biden leaving the campaign trail to defend himself against Trump’s allegations in the very chamber where he served for decades holds the potential for must-watch TV.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    Looks like a trap to me, and all the senators that are running for President have to come off the election trail for the trial and if it gets stretched out into 2020, that pulls them away at a critical moment. Also imagine the Bidens squirming under lethal questioning right as the first primary votes happen. Yeah it's a trap, and the Democrats fell right into it, they are so stupid.
    This is very interesting angle, could be genius move if that is really the case.

Could be that Pelosi is 'fake opposition' also sort of like MAGA top donor Adelson supported Tulsi Gabbard?

Trump: "Nancy Pelosi loves this country"

"A Historic Day For Nancy Pelosi
    The House Speaker on Thursday announced she instructed chairmen to draft articles of impeachment and pushed back against the notion that she had hate for the president"
    Dec 6, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    If you can't investigate a candidate that is running for president; then it seems like sitting senators would have to recuse themselves from a senate trial/vote for impeachment as well.
    Yeah, that does seem to be obvious. At this point, every Democrat has a vested interest in impeaching and convicting Trump, therefore they should all recuse themselves.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.