Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody still not done with their taxes?

Anybody still not done with their taxes?

Our accountant called me Friday. Said if he didn't have my paperwork tomorrow, he was going to have to file an extension. I'm suppose to be getting my $#@! together right now but I can't because RPF's has me distracted.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Our accountant called me Friday. Said if he didn't have my paperwork tomorrow, he was going to have to file an extension. I'm suppose to be getting my $#@! together right now but I can't because RPF's has me distracted.

Nope. I'm lucky.
    "I am a bird"

I need more deductions. Any ideas? My accountant recommended another couple of babies. Since Mr Animal had a vasectomy, I figure that's not a good idea.

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Nope. I'm lucky.
    Define "lucky"

Define "lucky"
    I don't have to pay any taxes and I finally got a reply.
    "I am a bird"

I don't have to pay any taxes
    *sigh* When you get that pizza oven finished, I'm coming to live with you.

and I finally got a reply.
    From a girl? This thread's taking an unexpected, albeit welcome turn.

*sigh* When you get that pizza oven finished, I'm coming to live with you.
    It's cold, wet and windy here Suz.. It's great if you like to feel miserable or if you like sailing. Good sailing weather here. Oh and sadly, I do have to pay taxes. Just not now.

However, I did find out that I don't have to report or pay taxes on gifts that I get from foreigners. So I'm currently in the process of looking for someone who wants to give me a couple million $. Know anyone ?

From a girl? This thread's taking an unexpected, albeit welcome turn.
    I don't mind it either.
    "I am a bird"

It's cold, wet and windy here Suz.. It's great if you like to feel miserable or if you like sailing. Good sailing weather here. Oh and sadly, I do have to pay taxes. Just not now.
    I'll wait until summer.

My pool water's at 84. I had it up to 90 but we got some cold rain.

I don't mind it either.
    Is she hawt?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is there any way to give me a temp ban until my taxes are done?

I don't file. Easy-peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I don't file. Easy-peasy.

You don't pay your fair share!!! What about muh roads?

Just kidding, you're smarter than me.

Is there any way to give me a temp ban until my taxes are done?
    You could post some content that will get you banned of course ?
    "I am a bird"

temp banning myself

temp banning myself
    LOL, ban is censored on my profile

I'm finished. I mostly guessed.

I finally sent mine in Tue

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You should get into mineral Mining. You are outdoors and it is impossible to trace any money you get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    You should get into mineral Mining. You are outdoors and it is impossible to trace any money you get out of it.
    Have some friends that do that. They are not rich but they make a pretty good living.

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    I've got a metal detector I'm taking to the beach next month.

Beware the Ides of April...

Y tu Brute?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I have always done my own taxes as I've had bad experiences letting other people handle my finances.

That was the best thing about working in clubs that I miss though. The bulk of my income was cash tips, and there was a form I had to fill out every week to "claim" said tips for the tax man. I asked a few waitresses for a low ball average for them, and would write that every week. As far as the IRS knew, I made my shift pay, and an extra $150 a week in tips. LOL....understand, the clubs I DJ'ed had an average girl count (they were shake joints) of anywhere between 90 to 150 girls a night, with each girl having a mandatory tipout to me of $10 minimum. However, a good 80% of them tipped anywhere from $50 to $100, because I made them money. When I was with Deja Vu, there was a chick who always tipped me minimum, and she pulled an easy $2k a night. I finally stopped doing her favors, and she went three nights straight dancing to Nat King Cole's White $#@!ing Christmas. She got the message pretty quick, and strangely, every club I worked with after, regardless of chain, that story preceeded me.

Course....that meant I couldn't really use banks, and dealt almost exclusively in cash. On paper, I was broke and had no credit. But my wife got a new Lincoln or BMW every two years, and I was partial to Corvettes back then.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

Anybody still not done with their taxes?
    Is anyone really ever "done" with taxes?!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    I have always done my own taxes as I've had bad experiences letting other people handle my finances.

That was the best thing about working in clubs that I miss though. The bulk of my income was cash tips, and there was a form I had to fill out every week to "claim" said tips for the tax man. I asked a few waitresses for a low ball average for them, and would write that every week. As far as the IRS knew, I made my shift pay, and an extra $150 a week in tips. LOL....understand, the clubs I DJ'ed had an average girl count (they were shake joints) of anywhere between 90 to 150 girls a night, with each girl having a mandatory tipout to me of $10 minimum. However, a good 80% of them tipped anywhere from $50 to $100, because I made them money. When I was with Deja Vu, there was a chick who always tipped me minimum, and she pulled an easy $2k a night. I finally stopped doing her favors, and she went three nights straight dancing to Nat King Cole's White $#@!ing Christmas. She got the message pretty quick, and strangely, every club I worked with after, regardless of chain, that story preceeded me.

Course....that meant I couldn't really use banks, and dealt almost exclusively in cash. On paper, I was broke and had no credit. But my wife got a new Lincoln or BMW every two years, and I was partial to Corvettes back then.
    When I was a bartender, I claimed 8% of my sales. That was the bare minimum back then.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We've had the same accountant for over 20 years and I trust him - he does the business taxes, too, so it makes it easier. He looks like a super nerdy Ted Cruz, though. He's like family and I have fun giving him $#@!. Last year, I stuck a photo of Obama in with my taxes and this year I stuck a Taxation is Theft meme in my tax workbook. I'm going to drop them by his office and try to convince him to take me to lunch today. I think I'll dress up and try to squeeze him for an expense place, he's kinda cheap. Last year, he told me he'd treat me like a "queen" and we ended up at Dairy Queen.

When I was a bartender, I claimed 8% of my sales. That was the bare minimum back then.
    LOL.....I was put on the bar to learn it when I first got into clubs. I was quickly taken of though, and never allowed back. The manager was my room mate, and he started noticing how awesome the poor count was after I had the bar for a couple of nights. I didn't bat an eye and told him what I was doing. I would use the half ounce side of the jig for mixed drinks, pour it on top. They would smell that, and think I just loaded them up. That, and I was a master of the double count. They say an honest bartender only steals $100 a night, but I never took a dime from the bar. I didn't have to....I was making a killing off the customers.

We've had the same accountant for over 20 years and I trust him - he does the business taxes, too, so it makes it easier. He looks like a super nerdy Ted Cruz, though. He's like family and I have fun giving him $#@!. Last year, I stuck a photo of Obama in with my taxes and this year I stuck a Taxation is Theft meme in my tax workbook. I'm going to drop them by his office and try to convince him to take me to lunch today. I think I'll dress up and try to squeeze him for an expense place, he's kinda cheap. Last year, he told me he'd treat me like a "queen" and we ended up at Dairy Queen.
    I actually like DQ.....

Course, I like fast food. Luckily though, I don't eat a lot of it as I am close to Fort Rucker. And an Army base always means one thing....Thai and Korean. Those Koreans know me by name, as I eat lunch there every day. Except Sunday.....cause they aren't opened for lunch on Sunday.

LOL.....I was put on the bar to learn it when I first got into clubs. I was quickly taken of though, and never allowed back. The manager was my room mate, and he started noticing how awesome the poor count was after I had the bar for a couple of nights. I didn't bat an eye and told him what I was doing. I would use the half ounce side of the jig for mixed drinks, pour it on top. They would smell that, and think I just loaded them up. That, and I was a master of the double count. They say an honest bartender only steals $100 a night, but I never took a dime from the bar. I didn't have to....I was making a killing off the customers.
    I would do that with fru fru drinks. No booze in the drink, just a floater on top. I worked lunches at a bar near the courthouse. I mostly waited on a bunch of alcoholic lawyers. In the dead of winter, I would wear daisy dukes and tank tops. When I started dating Mr Animal, he asked if I got cold and I had to explain that my bartending skills had nothing to do with my income.

Mr Animal runs a sports bar and always says...If the till is over, someone's stealing. If the till is short, someone's stealing. If the till is right on, someone's stealing and they're good at it.

I would do that with fru fru drinks. No booze in the drink, just a floater on top. I worked lunches at a bar near the courthouse. I mostly waited on a bunch of alcoholic lawyers. In the dead of winter, I would wear daisy dukes and tank tops. When I started dating Mr Animal, he asked if I got cold and I had to explain that my bartending skills had nothing to do with my income.

Mr Animal runs a sports bar and always says...If the till is over, someone's stealing. If the till is short, someone's stealing. If the till is right on, someone's stealing and they're good at it.
    Yeah, but the plus is it is really easy to catch your door or bar stealing. Once you understand your poor counts and drink averages, it's pretty easy to tell someone that not only do you know they're stealing, you can get within $5 to $10 of how much they've stole so far on the shift. Are you close to a college? I don't know many promo tricks for a straight bar (I'm used to having entertainers), but I know a hell of a promo I would run that let me dominate the college crowd.

Yeah, but the plus is it is really easy to catch your door or bar stealing. Once you understand your poor counts and drink averages, it's pretty easy to tell someone that not only do you know they're stealing, you can get within $5 to $10 of how much they've stole so far on the shift. Are you close to a college? I don't know many promo tricks for a straight bar (I'm used to having entertainers), but I know a hell of a promo I would run that let me dominate the college crowd.
    Oh, he catches people all the time. He always has bartenders training because he knows he's going to have to fire someone. He's in Atlanta. His crowd is middleaged. Which is great because they actually have money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast