Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Trump Asserts He Can Force U.S. Companies to Leave China

I just wanna to know why anyone who stands up to defend the Ron Paul platform gets emotionally blackmailed like this. I mean. It’s really disgusting, so I’m a little curious about what sort of hell-pit it comes out of.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Everyone who has made themselves my enemy attacked me first and that includes you.

Bull$#@!. But you know that already.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    What in the lmao bloody world makes you think I am trying to get you banned?
    Your wild accusations that you keep following me around and making and your direct questioning of why I am allowed here.

Ever since you came back and I dared to disagree with you you have been accusing me of trying to destroy you and the movement, claiming I insulted you in ways I did not and saying things like I have made this site into a dumpster fire.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I just wanna to know why anyone who stands up to defend the Ron Paul platform gets emotionally blackmailed like this. I mean. It’s really disgusting, so I’m a little curious about what sort of hell-pit it comes out of.
    Poor little snowflake can't stand anyone disagreeing with him.

You should have to put up with the kind of vile attacks, lies and hate a small group of people spew at me around here, it might toughen up your hide.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Your wild accusations that you keep following me around and making and your direct questioning of why I am allowed here.
    lmao and you said I had a “persecution complex” “allowed” ffs. Whatamaroon.

Ever since you came back and I dared to disagree with you
    Right....

you have been accusing me of trying to destroy you and the movement,
    Did I accuse you of spreading Chinese propaganda? Did I call you retarded? Did I accuse you of being a pacifist?

I argued my point, you didn’t like it, and then I was a Chinese spy. A pattern you appear to have repeated in my absence.

claiming I insulted you in ways I did not and saying things like I have made this site into a dumpster fire.
    If you don’t want your shyt called out, then don’t do that shyt. Why is that so hard to grok?

You should have to put up with the kind of vile attacks, lies and hate a small group of people spew at me around here, it might toughen up your hide.

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

lmao and you said I had a “persecution complex” “allowed” ffs. Whatamaroon.

Right....

Did I accuse you of spreading Chinese propaganda? Did I call you retarded? Did I accuse you of being a pacifist?

I argued my point, you didn’t like it, and then I was a Chinese spy. A pattern you appear to have repeated in my absence.

If you don’t want your shyt called out, then don’t do that shyt. Why is that so hard to grok?
    And you repeat the lies about what I said as if you really believe them again, I honestly can't tell if you know you are lying or are just crazy.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And you repeat the lies about what I said as if you really believe them again, I honestly can't tell if you know you are lying or are just crazy.
    I am a Lying Crazy Retarded Chinese Communist Pacifist Spy®

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

So, now you're saying the man is either a liar or crazy, and when called on it you'll no doubt vociferously deny it. And you wonder why so many people have problems with your behavior?
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    So, now you're saying the man is either a liar or crazy, and when called on it you'll no doubt vociferously deny it. And you wonder why so many people have problems with your behavior?
    I won't deny what I said here, I can prove I didn't say the things he says I said and I proved it to him multiple times already, so he is either crazy or deliberately lying.
    He is engaging in exactly what you accuse me of, but that doesn't surprise me, blatant lies and projection have become standard operating procedure for the trolls and haters around here because its all you have left.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I won't deny what I said here, I can prove I didn't say the things he says I said and I proved it to him multiple times already, so he is either crazy or deliberately lying.
    He is engaging in exactly what you accuse me of, but that doesn't surprise me, blatant lies and projection have become standard operating procedure for the trolls and haters around here because its all you have left.
    Is that what you think you are doing to the Ron Paul movement?

Grow the $#@! up and accept some responsibility for your own actions ffs. Or don't. I don't really care either way.
    Chris

Is that what you think you are doing to the Ron Paul movement?
    That question doesn't even make sense.

But I am not doing anything to the movement other than helping it.

The trolls and haters are trying to destroy it and your lies are certainly music to their ears.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Grow the $#@! up and accept some responsibility for your own actions ffs. Or don't. I don't really care either way.
    I stand behind everything I do unlike you and the rest of the hate gang.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That question doesn't even make sense.
    I grok why you would say that. lol

But I am not doing anything to the movement other than helping it.
    by accusing the people who make it up of working for the Chinese? lmao

The trolls and haters are trying to destroy it and your lies are certainly music to their ears.
    the people who say “government should obey the Constitution” are the people trying to “destroy the Ron Paul movement?”

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I grok why you would say that. lol

by accusing the people who make it up of working for the Chinese? lmao

the people who say “government should obey the Constitution” are the people trying to “destroy the Ron Paul movement?”
    More distortions.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

More distortions.
    Seriously though. Has it?

Has it ever occurred to you to stop calling the people who disagree with you names and just talk like an adult?

Has it ever occurred to you to stop calling people names and just talk like an adult?
    Or is that ... really ... too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Is it unconstitutional? Really? I see your point and Gunny's but somewhere somehow congress passed this POS and here it is. Did the Supreme Court Rule over the constitutionality of it? IDK, TBH. Maybe something worth looking up.
    Why would it be worth looking up? If SCOTUS ruled it constitutional, that wouldn't change the fact that it is actually unconstitutional. The president didn't take an oath to follow the rulings of SCOTUS, he took an oath to refrain from exercising any power not given to him by constitutional acts of Congress. If Congress passes a law to exercise a power not delegated to it in the Constitution, that law is void, and it is the president's duty not to enforce it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    As I said people may not like it (as do I) so the objective should be to challenge it in the courts and/or repeal the friggin thing.
    That's a worthy goal. But in the mean time, the objective must be to oppose any exercise of this law that is devoid of any legitimacy. We don't just try to challenge it and repeal it and hope that works and wait until it does before we can criticize the president for violating his own oath of office.

You can't uphold something that is already lying on the floor [...]
    Sure you can. You just stoop over, take it in hand, and hold it up ... (hence, "uphold" ...)

I have said that the law should be fixed and that Trump would be obligated to sign the bill to fix it but Trump can't change the law or amend the Constitution by himself.
    You are correct. The President cannot change the law or amend the Constitution by himself. (At least, not yet - Congress still needs to get around to "delegating" the titles of Augustus and Princeps to him ...)

But as President and chief of the Executive branch, he not only can by himself refuse to uphold, enforce, apply or employ an unconstitutional law, he is oath-bound to do so.

Indeed, that is supposed to be one of the "checks and balances" in the system. He is in no way compelled to uphold, enforce, apply or employ any unconstitutional law. Quite the opposite, in fact. It is unconstitutional and a violation of his oath of office if he does so.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    You are correct. The President cannot change the law or amend the Constitution by himself. (At least, not yet - Congress still needs to get around to "delegating" the titles of Augustus and Princeps to him ...)
    Thereby creating Swordsmyth's ideal American government.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

The need to amend the Constitution comes from the ambiguities that allow the other side to make its case that the law is Constitutional [...]
    The reason it has been permitted to happen is not that the "other side"[1] has been able to exploit supposed "ambiguities." There is no ambiguity. The Constitution simply does not grant to Congress (in either letter or spirit) any authority to delegate its responsibilities to the President.

The reason it has been permitted to happen is because cowards in Congress have sought to evade their responsibilities by foisting them onto the Executive branch - and Presidents (now including Trump) who wished to possess and exercise more and broader power than the Constitution grants to them have been more than happy to oblige. Thus, those Presidents (also now including Trump) have refused to do their Constitutionally-mandated duty by vetoing such delegations - or by refusing to uphold, enforce, apply or employ them if they already existed (or if their vetoes were to have been overridden).

[1] Actually, it would be more accurate to speak of "both sides" - but I guess it all just depends on whose ox one wants to gore ...

[...] the Constitution as it stands failed to prevent the laws being passed and put to use so it needs to be strengthened.
    The Constitution cannot prevent anything. It is just a piece of paper with some words written on it. If the meaning and intent of those words are to be upheld and enforced, then it can only be done by actual people actually upholding and enforcing them (such as, among many other things, a President refusing to uphold, enforce, apply or employ any unconstitutional laws which are contrary to that meaning and intent).

The Constitution cannot be "strengthened" by merely adding yet more words to the existing words whose meaning and intent are already being ignored. If you have actual people actually upholding and enforcing the meaning and intent of the words that are already there, then you do NOT need to add any new words. And if you do NOT have actual people actually upholding and enforcing the meaning and intent of the words that are already there, then any new words you add won't make a damn bit of difference. A cycle cannot be broken by perpetuating it ...

If (as is presently the case) Congress and the President routinely and willfully fail to uphold the Constitution, then why should they be expected to begin upholding it merely because some more words have been added to it?
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-27-2019 at 08:46 AM.

You are using sophistic and propagandistic methodologies to create false imagery around those you consider opponents, in an effort to demean and devalue all speech that fails to accord with your tribal fiat.

you are advocating a political philosophy of disobedience to the Constitution.

so any postulate or argument you can’t handle, you just call it “Chinese Propaganda” and you think that’s gonna work?

Is this some kind of go-to playbook?
    you seem to have a repetition problem.
    You have turned this place into a dumpster fire, where people are afraid and ashamed to stand up for Ron Paul’s actual platform on Ron Paul Forums because nobody wants to be a Retarded Chinese Communist Spy Pacifist, in your fiat tribalistic “War on Bad Ideas.”
    That's exactly what's he's doing, and is here to do. It is very much so a playbook, around and around in a circle.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...9F%8F%BB/page9
    [QUOTE=invisible;6850220]And this is exactly their playbook:
    1) Take a position opposing Ron Paul, and use it to shyll for their Authoritarian Idol
    2) Call you a communist, leftist, etc, etc when you oppose their Authoritarian Idol and support Ron Paul
    3) Call you a liar when they get called out on their opposition to Ron Paul, with no supporting evidence whatsoever
    4) Double down on calling you a liar when you call out their lies
    5) Keep repeating themselves, and go back to calling you a communist, leftist, etc, etc
    And just like I called it:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...26#post6849726
    Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    In before Gunny gets called a communist and a leftist.
    I frankly don’t know WHAT your motives are
    Money can be a powerful motive. Who else but our favorite three letter agencies and President would love to see Ron Paul's threat to their power destroyed? This guy is here for something like 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, pretty much 365 days a year, spamming the place with 39+ posts of his propaganda a day. That obviously leaves no time for things like legitimate work, family, friends, etc. But the question that really needs to be asked, given that this is a gross violation of the site's mission statement and usage guidelines, is why the site owners have allowed this to continue on their private property.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    [QUOTE=invisible;6852076]That's exactly what's he's doing, and is here to do. It is very much so a playbook, around and around in a circle.
    And this is exactly their playbook:
    1) Take a position opposing Ron Paul, and use it to shyll for their Authoritarian Idol
    2) Call you a communist, leftist, etc, etc when you oppose their Authoritarian Idol and support Ron Paul
    3) Call you a liar when they get called out on their opposition to Ron Paul, with no supporting evidence whatsoever
    4) Double down on calling you a liar when you call out their lies
    5) Keep repeating themselves, and go back to calling you a communist, leftist, etc, etc
    And just like I called it:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...26#post6849726

Money can be a powerful motive. Who else but our favorite three letter agencies and President would love to see Ron Paul's threat to their power destroyed? This guy is here for something like 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, pretty much 365 days a year, spamming the place with 39+ posts of his propaganda a day. That obviously leaves no time for things like legitimate work, family, friends, etc. But the question that really needs to be asked, given that this is a gross violation of the site's mission statement and usage guidelines, is why the site owners have allowed this to continue on their private property.
    Pretty much all the above 1000%.

Been through all the above crap & been called every name in the book for standing up for liberty.

And, I LOVE watching @GunnyFreedom take the shylls down!
    There is no spoon.

[QUOTE=Ender;6852092]
    That's exactly what's he's doing, and is here to do. It is very much so a playbook, around and around in a circle.

Pretty much all the above 1000%.

Been through all the above crap & been called every name in the book for standing up for liberty.

And, I LOVE watching @GunnyFreedom take the shylls down!

LOL me too.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

The need to amend the Constitution comes from the ambiguities that allow the other side
    Says the guy who wants the clause about the post office to apply to the internet and the clause about slaves to apply to everyone.

I guess Swordsmyth is "the other side" after all.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Here you claim you're being persecuted by a "small group." Back in post #347 you said it was a "large group." Which is it? Or does it change depending upon the perception you're hoping to ellicit at the time? How very disingenuous.
    Chris

This belongs here:

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Here you claim you're being persecuted by a "small group." Back in post #347 you said it was a "large group." Which is it? Or does it change depending upon the perception you're hoping to ellicit at the time? How very disingenuous.
    Once it’s exposed it loses its power.

Believe it or not, I still believe it’s possible that he’s this sincere guy, and this is just the only how he knows to argue. I’m still applying Hanlon’s Razor. If it really is malice it just becomes more and more apparent over time, and I just haven’t been here, and I have deliberately ignored anyone trying to give me “the score” because I don’t want that natural process altered.

He’s very prolific. And it’s easy to argue that he adds to the site with all the stories and news he posts. If he didn’t try to make people into Chinese Communist Spies on account of their loyalty to the Ron Paul platform I don’t think hardly any of this division would exist.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast