Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump supports massive U.S. funding bill as shutdown looms

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Well, here's the US military in its sadly depleted state:

We're aiming for something more like this:

^
    Those empty spots are probably the safest places in America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

TRUMP MAY HAVE BEEN A GENIUS, HERE'S POSSIBLE 3D CHESS

The following was posted to a popular forum:

FOR THOSE DOUBTING TRUMP DO YOUR RESEARCH!
    Research the laws, the 1974 law and statutes.
    It's not an official 'Federal Budget'. It's an Omnibus bill...not a Budget...He outsmarted them again...Congress basically screwed themselves by not passing a Budget...
    Per the Constitution...the President must adhere to a Budget set forth by Congress and direct the expenditures as provided therein.
    This is another one of those big Porkulus Bills, like they gave Obama for 8 years. This is not a Budget.
    An Omnibus Spending Bill may have some 'instructions' as to how the money will be spent...but Obama ignored them. He spent the money, or didn't spend it, however he wanted to. And Congress didn't do a thing about it! Because they couldn't.
    I think our President observed how this happened, year after year. He is bound to realize that those 'appropriations' for different things in these Omnibus bills are merely 'suggestions'.
    So like Obama, Pres Trump can spend this money on whatever he wants to. Or not spend it.
    Planned Parenthood? What if our President decided to tell the Treas Dept to 'slow-walk' that money to Planned Parenthood until the Senate gets off their ass and confirms his appointees?
    Sanctuary Cities? What if our President decided to 'slow-walk' that money too...until those Sanctuary Cities assist ICE in rounding up criminal illegal aliens?
    Splodey heads? From the Dems and the Enemedia? Why yes. There would be a colorful display of splodey heads.
    But what could they do about it. Hah.
    Our President could just say 'What! Congress should've passed a Budget.'
    Again, that is why Obama never had a Budget in his Presidency, Congress did continual Omibus's and he just took the money . . . for 8 years . . . and no one seems to know where it went.
    Addendum: I'm not taking credit for this, someone sent it to me and I'm sharing it with you. I don't know 'who' actually deserves the credit for putting it together.
    Last edited by Danke; 03-24-2018 at 06:50 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

It's not an official 'Federal Budget'. It's an Omnibus bill...not a Budget...He outsmarted them again...Congress basically screwed themselves by not passing a Budget...
    Per the Constitution...the President must adhere to a Budget set forth by Congress and direct the expenditures as provided therein.
    This is another one of those big Porkulus Bills, like they gave Obama for 8 years. This is not a Budget.
    An Omnibus Spending Bill may have some 'instructions' as to how the money will be spent...but Obama ignored them. He spent the money, or didn't spend it, however he wanted to. And Congress didn't do a thing about it! Because they couldn't.
    I think our President observed how this happened, year after year. He is bound to realize that those 'appropriations' for different things in these Omnibus bills are merely 'suggestions'.
    So like Obama, Pres Trump can spend this money on whatever he wants to. Or not spend it.
    Planned Parenthood? What if our President decided to tell the Treas Dept to 'slow-walk' that money to Planned Parenthood until the Senate gets off their ass and confirms his appointees?
    Sanctuary Cities? What if our President decided to 'slow-walk' that money too...until those Sanctuary Cities assist ICE in rounding up criminal illegal aliens?
    Splodey heads? From the Dems and the Enemedia? Why yes. There would be a colorful display of splodey heads.
    Again, that is why Obama never had a Budget in his Presidency, Congress did continual Omibus's and he just took the money . . . for 8 years . . . and no one seems to know where it went.
    Addendum: I'm not taking credit for this, someone sent it to me and I'm sharing it with you. I don't know 'who' actually deserves the credit for putting it together.
    If I had to guess, Danno was the mystery person who put that piece of fan fiction together.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

That's not bad. + rep...

You'll prolly like this analysis too...
    https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/9...087813120.html

another '3D' article w/ 2700+ comments
    https://theconservativetreehouse.com...s-great-today/

I see the Trumper cat fighting as G R E A T...
    srsly... it's a good thing.
    Lot's of criticism countered by some worthy critical analysis. (like what U posted.) instead of just grade school debating.

Trump is now REALLY expected by his legion of worshippers to pull off some 'magic' trick.
    I'm just buying more popcorn and watching.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    That's not bad. + rep...

Lot's of criticism countered by some worthy critical analysis. (like what U posted.) instead of just grade school debating.

Trump is now REALLY expected by his legion of worshippers to pull off some 'magic' trick.
    So Trump is going to use pork barrel spending to get Gina, Pompeo, and Bolton fast tracked and thats a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by milgram View Post
    This is going great

LOL. Coulter is on a roll! Thanks for posting, that was great.

Don't want to listen? Short summary: She came out against military spending, neocons and the MIC.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

By signing this Omnibus and kicking his base in the gut, Trump has opened up the 2020 GOP primary. Until now, Trump would have won the Primary easily. Now that is seriously in doubt.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

Don't want to listen? Short summary: She came out against military spending, neocons and the MIC.
    Don't forget that she said all the people who think this is 3d chess need to be drowned. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    That's not bad. + rep...

The money isn't the main problem (bad as it is), the policy riders like the CLOUD act are even worse and the "omnibus" loophole won't get rid of them.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

Did you hear her little quip? The President will do what JARED WANTS!

She knows the deal. Smart woman! Ann is so based.

He's bullshitting about the 1.6 billion. That money is specifically designated for fence repair. All the border wall prototypes were explictly forbidden, according to the language in the bill. Tucker already ripped him to shreds on this.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Don't forget that she said all the people who think this is 3d chess need to be drowned. LOL
    Yeah, hold them under the water. Even funnier because IIRC, she threatened to do that to someone before. Paging @GunnyFreedom...

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Did you hear her little quip? The President will do what JARED WANTS!

She knows the deal. Smart woman! Ann is so based.
    On the surface it may appear so given recent headlines:

"The Washington Post reported this week that former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster “expressed early concern that Kushner was freelancing U.S. foreign policy.” According to the Post, Tillerson once asked staffers in frustration: “Who is the secretary of state here?”"

Trump says Rex Tillerson out as Secretary of State, replaced by Mike Pompeo

BREAKING: Trump says H.R. McMaster out as National Security Advisor

there is no evidence that his decisions are based on any external pressures or blackmail threats despite some recent conspiratorial media views like this.

Jared Kushner, Shanda
    How the scion of one tri-state crime family married into another, in a story equal parts ‘Sopranos’ and ‘Game of Thrones.’
    http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news...kushner-shanda

But Jared told me that it was the right move!!! ROFL

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post

Expand upon this.

is either one amendable by the CIC outside of Congress?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Expand upon this.

is either one amendable by the CIC outside of Congress?

No it's all Trump fan fiction.

https://www.facebook.com/justinamash...29465727092826

I keep seeing the same absurd claim going around on social media—that the omnibus is not so bad because it’s not a budget. This is totally backward. The omnibus is law; a budget is not. A bad budget is irresponsible but toothless. The omnibus (spending bill) does the real damage.

Another bogus claim is that this letter (https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...ent-senate-21/) means the president can repurpose appropriations as he likes. It means no such thing. The omnibus lets him designate some global health activity spending as emergency, so it won’t count toward the spending cap. This letter does that. It has no magical power.

The omnibus is one of the worst—and most costly—pieces of legislation ever to become law. Period. That's why I voted no.

The only way to restore limited government, economic freedom, and individual liberty is to stop falling for the lie. Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies.

Take a stand today. Be honest with yourself and with others. Don't let the lie consume you. We live in a great country with great people. We can choose to live together in liberty or instead live apart in captivity.
    Last edited by EBounding; 03-25-2018 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Such a beautiful statement by Amash. Now my sig.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

edit

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    If I had to guess, Danno was the mystery person who put that piece of fan fiction together.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wk4XJUS[1].png  

Trump was a question mark. No history, full of hot air, yeah, we knew...but he was certainly not speaking like a Ron or Rand, and he certainly gave no cause to assume he was going to do great things. At best he was "better than Hillary" or a straight up protest vote.

Never really took any stands I think "counted" on the good side of things, but where he went from a question mark to an 'F'-same as the rest-do what I'm told-Consitution betraying coward, was the day he decided to use our military to lob some rockets at Syria on flimsy intelligence with no diplomacy to show how "tough" he is.

After that he has always been way in the red for me. A witty con-man and/or a gangster hustler he may be, but a leader he is not.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Justin is still trying to educate the Trumpkins for some reason:

"My brother is a Supreme Court justice"

Last edited by EBounding; 03-27-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by milgram View Post
    This is going great

Trump's draining the swamp by letting them continue what they've been doing, but with more money.

I don't know what that dude's problem is...

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Trump was a question mark. No history
    Huh...

Trump Opposition Research Thread (started August 11, 2015).

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Trump was a question mark. No history, full of hot air, yeah, we knew...but he was certainly not speaking like a Ron or Rand, and he certainly gave no cause to assume he was going to do great things. At best he was "better than Hillary" or a straight up protest vote.
    You give the Trump trolls too much credit.

Trump ran as by far the most extreme leftwing Republican presidential candidate of all time. He embraced that. He ran in the Republican primaries--not just the general election, but the primaries--excoriating other Republican candidates for not wanting to maintain welfare spending and ethanol subsidies exorbitantly enough. His signature issue (inconsistent as he was and still is on it) was marxist protectionist trade and immigration policies. He praised single-payer healthcare as a Republican candidate in the Republican primaries, complaining that Obmacare was not socialist enough. He openly promised to stop and frisk gun owners and take away their guns, and to use a list created by the executive branch of its own discretion without any due process as a means of prohibiting anyone he wanted for any reason he wanted from being able to buy guns, and he did this in Republican primaries, and the party rewarded his leftism with their nomination.

He has not betrayed anyone. The Trump who signed this ombibus is the Trump the Trump trolls voted and cheered for.
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 03-27-2018 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Huh...

Trump Opposition Research Thread (started August 11, 2015).
    The best lie that the fake news and Internet propaganda got people to believe was that he wasn't a politician. He's been a politician for decades.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast