Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Hispanics Support Big Government Across The Board

Exclamation POLL: Hispanics Support Big Government Across The Board

Pew Research released some interesting statistics highlighting Latino voters’ views on national political problems based on a survey they conducted on Latino adults this past December.
    Record numbers of Latinos — 32 million — will be voting in the 2020 general election. This exceeds the number of eligible black voters for the first time in history.
    According to the results, the majority of Hispanic voters favor more government involvement on issues ranging from minimum wage to gun control.

62 percent of registered voters identify or lean toward the Democrat Party, whereas 34 percent connect with or lean in the direction of the Republican Party.

Several key findings stood out:
    Most Hispanic voters (71%) say the government should do more to solve problems, while 27% say government is doing too many things better left to businesses and individuals.
    The findings by Jens Manuel Krogstad, Mark Hugo Lopez and Abby Budiman revealed that 82 percent of Hispanics who identify with or lean Democrat “say the government should do more to solve problems, compared with 51% of those who affiliate with or lean toward the GOP.”

As far as minimum wage is concerned, the three authors found some interesting results
    On the minimum wage, a large majority of Hispanic voters (79%) say they favor raising it to $15 an hour, including more than half (56%) who say they strongly favor this change. Majorities in both parties favor raising the minimum wage, though Hispanic Democrats are much more likely than Hispanic Republicans to do so (88% vs. 62%, respectively).
    The same Hispanic support for big government held true for healthcare which the authors noted below:
    Hispanic voters generally believe the U.S. government should play a role in providing health care to Americans. About seven-in-ten (71%) say it is the federal government’s responsibility to make sure all Americans have health care coverage, including 38% who favor a national health insurance system and 32% who prefer a mix of private and government health care coverage. Around a quarter (28%) say it is not the government’s responsibility to make sure all Americans have health care coverage, though most in this group say they prefer to keep Medicare and Medicaid.
    When broken down across partisan lines, there were some key differences between Hispanics Democrats and Hispanic Republicans:

Hispanic Democrats and Republicans have different views on the role government should play in providing health coverage. About eight-in-ten Hispanic Democratic voters (84%) say it is the government’s responsibility to ensure Americans have health care, with 49% supporting a national health insurance system. Meanwhile, about half (51%) of Hispanic Republican voters say it is not the government’s responsibility to ensure universal coverage, though most in this group prefer to keep Medicare and Medicaid.
    Interestingly, Hispanic Republicans were considerably to the Left of the average Republican voter on healthcare. 24 percent of Republican voters believe that the government should be responsible for guaranteeing healthcare coverage.
    For gun control, there was also a noticeable Hispanic majority in favor of stricter gun laws:
    “Around seven-in-ten Hispanic voters (68%) say gun laws should be stricter than they are today, while 24% say current gun laws are about right. Only 7% say gun laws should be less strict. The survey was conducted several months after a mass shooting in El Paso, Texas, involving a suspect who said he targeted Mexicans.”
    Similarly, there was a sharp partisan gap on gun control among Hispanics:
    Among Hispanic Democratic voters, 80% say gun laws should be stricter. Hispanic Republican voters are more evenly divided, with 44% saying gun laws should be stricter and 42% saying gun laws are about right.
    In the Republican case, Hispanics Republicans are to the Left of Republican voters on gun control. Only 27 percent of Republican voters want stricter gun laws.
    All things considered, continued mass migration will not only ensure eventual Democrat Party domination in the near future, but also a more leftist Republican opposition that now has a big government faction within its ranks.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/poll-h...oss-the-board/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    *majority of
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    *majority of
    That's usually what polls are assumed to reflect.

But it wasn't my headline anyway.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That's usually what polls are assumed to reflect.

But it wasn't my headline anyway.
    Too bad zippy can't give us the real numbers
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Too bad zippy can't give us the real numbers
    LOL

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And it's all our fault...racist white people running them off from the LP and GOP and so on...not that these people have a 300 year history of authoritarian juntas, coups, revoluciones' and communism...no it CAN'T be that...

For $#@!'s sake...
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And it's all our fault...racist white people running them off from the LP and GOP and so on...not that these people have a 300 year history of authoritarian juntas, coups, revoluciones' and communism...no it CAN'T be that...

For $#@!'s sake...
    We should be quitting our jobs and going on welfare so we have the time to convert them as fast as they can come and breed.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    these people
    Mhm
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Send them back
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Around seven-in-ten Hispanic voters (68%) say gun laws should be stricter than they are today
    This is why I oppose mass immigration!

Hispanic Republican voters are more evenly divided, with 44% saying gun laws should be stricter and 42% saying gun laws are about right.
    Republicans should in the future not even try to get them to vote Republican.It's a waste of time.

Meanwhile, about half (51%) of Hispanic Republican voters say it is not the government’s responsibility to ensure universal coverage, though most in this group prefer to keep Medicare and Medicaid.
    So 49% of Hispanic Republicans support single payer. The other 51% support Medicare & Medicaid which are both unconstitutional.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Mhm
    And?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

A good majority of those hispanics are most likely illegals.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I could have told you this . All you had to do was buy me a beer and save the remainder of the money .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    If not all of them.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

This is ignorant.

Grouping Latinos together just shows the pollster has an agenda or doesn't know what they are doing.

Cubans, Mexicans, and Puerto Ricans all have very different values, and even more different values within subsets of those. Cubans are very conservative for example while Puerto Ricans tend not to be, especially those from NY.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    This is ignorant.

Grouping Latinos together just shows the pollster has an agenda or doesn't know what they are doing.

Cubans, Mexicans, and Puerto Ricans all have very different values, and even more different values within subsets of those. Cubans are very conservative for example while Puerto Ricans tend not to be, especially those from NY.
    It's called "demographics" for a reason...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is ignorant.

Grouping Latinos together...
    So you dislike grouping people, and then you group Cubans, Puerto Rican (especially New York ones), and Mexicans...

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    So you dislike grouping people, and then you group Cubans, Puerto Rican (especially New York ones), and Mexicans...
    It's ok as long as you make the groups a little smaller.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post

Cuban American's are not Conservativs. OK 1/2 of them vote Republican but doesn't mean anything.

Aside from what AF mentioned about the 300 year history of authoritarian juntas, coups, revoluciones' and communism which is a huge part of it, the problem is also the brainwashing that happens after they are here for awhile.

Been saying this since I started posting here in 2007 that nothing will change and it will only get worse unless something is done to reach people on a massive national scale to overwhelmingly combat the propaganda coming from the mainstream media and Hollywood.

Just look at the Spanish news media that is dominated by far left ideaologs. That is what they are consuming day after day, year after year and those are the beliefs they are assimilating to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Around seven-in-ten Hispanic voters (68%) say gun laws should be stricter than they are today
    This is why I oppose mass immigration!

Hispanic Republican voters are more evenly divided, with 44% saying gun laws should be stricter and 42% saying gun laws are about right.
    Republicans should in the future not even try to get them to vote Republican.It's a waste of time.

Meanwhile, about half (51%) of Hispanic Republican voters say it is not the government’s responsibility to ensure universal coverage, though most in this group prefer to keep Medicare and Medicaid.
    So 49% of Hispanic Republicans support single payer. The other 51% support Medicare & Medicaid which are both unconstitutional.
    Getting them to be Republicans is just a way to destroy the party.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This is ignorant.

Culture groups exist, and language is a big part of culture.

Some Cubans may be conservative but many are just anti-Castro and want us to be interventionist.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    They are probably the worst portion of them.
    And they vote too.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This is ignorant.

Pew Polling Hispanics in 2020 is now considered ignorant, really? Curious, are you running for office in some far left district these days and simply padding your RPF member history with virtue signalling posts as cover?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And we all know Pew is sooooo reliable.
    There is no spoon.

This if confirmed as non-fakenews could have interesting impact on 2020 outcome.

Also, many many Latinos also support small gummit MAGA:

Also as worded, the thread title sounds collectivist unless data shows that 100% Hispanics are in this category.

So this headline does not treat any community unfairly, let's add a positive news that Hispanics serve in the military ( although probably not as disproportinally as African-Americans relative to their population).

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    the problem is also the brainwashing that happens after they are here for awhile.
    What makes one race of people more susceptible to that brainwashing than other races of people?

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    300 year history of authoritarian juntas, coups, revoluciones' and communism

There are people in this thread who actively wish for the US to become an authoritarian junta. But they're white so it's cool I guess.
    Remind me: What foreign power was it who imposed those juntas and funded/trained/supported those coups?

Was the state that did that hispanic, by any chance?
    Last edited by TheCount; 02-24-2020 at 06:32 PM.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    And we all know Pew is sooooo reliable.
    Pew would want to make them seem more average than they are.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    What makes one race of people more susceptible to that brainwashing than other races of people?

There are people in this thread who actively wish for the US to become an authoritarian junta. But they're white so it's cool I guess.
    Remind me: What foreign power was it who imposed those juntas and funded/trained/supported those coups?

Was the state that did that hispanic, by any chance?
    Culture matters, and they imposed them on themselves as much or more than any outside power did.
    It started with Spain.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    This if confirmed as non-fakenews could have interesting impact on 2020 outcome.

Also, many many Latinos also support small gummit MAGA:

Also as worded, the thread title sounds collectivist unless data shows that 100% Hispanics are in this category.

So this headline does not treat any community unfairly, let's add a positive news that Hispanics serve in the military ( although probably not as disproportinally as African-Americans relative to their population).

President Trump’s immigration policies — like travel bans and visa restrictions or refugee caps and asylum changes — have begun to deliver on a longstanding goal: Legal immigration has fallen more than 11 percent and a steeper cut is looming. While Mr. Trump highlights the construction of a border wall to stress his war on illegal immigration, it is through policy changes, not physical barriers, that his administration has been able to seal the United States. Two more measures were to take effect by Monday, an expansion of his travel ban and strict wealth tests on green card applicants.
    “He’s really ticking off all the boxes. It’s kind of amazing,” said Sarah Pierce, a policy analyst with the Migration Policy Institute, a nonpartisan research group. “In an administration that’s been perceived to be haphazard, on immigration they’ve been extremely consistent and barreling forward.”
    The number of people who obtained lawful permanent residence, besides refugees who entered the United States in previous years, declined to 940,877 in the 2018 fiscal year from 1,063,289 in the 2016 fiscal year, according to an analysis of government data by the National Foundation for American Policy. Four years ago, legal immigration was at its highest level since 2006, when 1,266,129 people obtained lawful permanent residence in the United States.
    Although the data provides only a glimpse of the effect of Mr. Trump’s agenda, immigration experts said it was the first sign of a decline that coming policies are most likely to exacerbate. Those include the wealth tests, which will be imposed on immigrants applying for green cards from both inside and outside the United States.
    Around two-thirds of the immigrants who obtained permanent legal status from 2012 to 2016 could be blocked from doing so under the new so-called public charge rule

(Excerpt) Read more at nytimes.com ...

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast