Thread: George Carlin: The Official Thread

George Carlin: The Official Thread

George Carlin, in my opinion, is hands down the funniest and most intelligent comedian of all time. Nobody else even comes close. The only time I have ever cried over a famous person dying is the day George Carlin died.

Here are his record 13 HBO Specials:

***If cuss words and other things offend you, don't watch any of these***

Apparently alot has changed from a few years ago. I used to have the full tube of all 13 specials bookmarked back in 2008. So instead this will be a posting of what I can find and if anyone can locate the full tubes of what I am missing please let me know.

Enjoy

George Carlin at USC (1977)

This is the full tube

George Carlin: Again! (1978)

If anyone can find the full tube or even the whole tube divided into parts please let me know. For now the following is what I could get my hands on:

Carlin at Carnegie (1982)

I can't find the full tube.

I am the spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Carlin At Carnegie (continued)

Carlin on Campus (1984)

I can't find the full tube

Playin' with Your Head (1986)

I can't find full tube

What Am I Doing in New Jersey? (1988)

This is the full tube

Doin' It Again (1990)

What I could find of the CD version (with a different title):

I am the spoon.

Doin It Again (continued)

Jammin' in New York (1992)

This is not the full tube

I am the spoon.

Back In Town (1996)

You Are All Diseased (1999)

I am the spoon.

Complaints and Grievances (2001)

Life Is Worth Losing (2006)

I am the spoon.

It's Bad For Ya (2008)

I am the spoon.

It's Bad For Ya (continued)

I am the spoon.

10.Honesty may be the best policy, but it’s important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy. -George Carlin
    I approve of this website

http://blogzarro.com/2007/05/100-gre...carlin-quotes/
    Last edited by John F Kennedy III; 04-11-2012 at 01:31 PM.
    I am the spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "There doesn't need to be an official conspiracy where there is a convergence of interests"- George Carlin.
    Best of luck in life.

Quote Originally Posted by bolil View Post
    "There doesn't need to be an official conspiracy where there is a convergence of interests"- George Carlin.
    Love it. Imagine George as white house press secretary or something?

R.I.P. George
    I am the spoon.

Yeah I haven't stumbled upon a more intelligent comedian thus far. His bit on religion gets me laughing out loud every single time.
    My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right, tend to be unwilling or unable to accept blame )

Thanks for posting this... I love Carlin, but haven't gotten a chance to watch this much of his stuff...

Oh and see my sigline....
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    Thanks for posting this... I love Carlin, but haven't gotten a chance to watch this much of his stuff...

Oh and see my sigline....
    Enjoy

I have seen your sig and I love it. Donnay is right, the man definitely was aware of what's going on.

"The limits of debate in this country are established before the debate even begins, and everyone else is marginalized and made to seem as either a communist, a kook, some sort of disloyal person, and now it's conspiracy theorist -Something that shouldn't even be entertained for a minute that powerful people might get together and actually have a plan. DOESN"T HAPPEN. You're a kook, a conspiracy buff."

- George Carlin (RIP)
    I am the spoon.

I love Carlin but my all time favorite is definitely Bill Hicks

Also, here's a great quote

Three weeks ago two of my friends and I went to a ranch in Fredericksburg, Texas, and took what Terence McKenna calls "a heroic dose." Five dried grams. Let me tell you, our third eye was squeegeed quite cleanly. Wow! And I'm glad they're against the law, 'cause you know what happened when I took 'em? I laid in a field of green grass for four hours, going "My God, I love everything." The heavens parted, God looked down and rained gifts of forgiveness onto my being, healing me on every level, psychically, physically, emotionally. And I realized our true nature is spirit, not body, that we are eternal beings, and God's love is unconditional 'n' there's nothing we can ever do to change that. It is only our illusion that we are separate from God, or that we are alone. In fact the reality is we are one with God and He loves us. Now, if that isn't a hazard to this country... Do you see my point? How are we gonna keep building nuclear weapons, you know what I mean? What's gonna happen to the arms industry when we realize we're all one? Ha ha ha ha ha! It's gonna $#@! up the economy! The economy that's fake anyway! Ha ha ha! Which would be a real bummer. You know. You can see why the government's cracking down.
    Those who expect to reap the blessings of liberty must undergo the fatigues of supporting it ~Thomas Paine

Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security ~Norman Vincent Peale

Carlin was great, especially toward the end of his life when he got bitter and pretty much became a down-with-everything conspiracy theorist. Smart dude.

They Own You.....

One of my favorite Carlin pieces.

"The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form"..... Jefferson Davis

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle".
    .....Edmund Burke

"A corrupt electoral process can only lead to corrupt Government."
    ......jay_dub

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    Carlin was great, especially toward the end of his life when he got bitter and pretty much became a down-with-everything conspiracy theorist. Smart dude.
    Yeah I prefer the old Carlin to the young Carlin. I owe a lot of my own cynicism to him.

The "It's all bull$#@! and it's bad for you" skit is my favorite from him.
    I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever, in religion, in philosophy, in politics or in anything else, where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent. If I could not go to Heaven but with a party, I would not go there at all.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Stupified View Post
    Yeah I prefer the old Carlin to the young Carlin. I owe a lot of my own cynicism to him.

The "It's all bull$#@! and it's bad for you" skit is my favorite from him.
    My all time favorite skit. From Life Is Worth Losing:

I am the spoon.

Dude I was just thinking today if i was to ever be a comedian I would most likely resemble him. Comedy is the easiest way to let people see the irony in themselves.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Quote Originally Posted by QuickZ06 View Post
    ... Comedy is the easiest way to let people see the irony in themselves.
    +Rep! Also a safe way to push people out of Denial!
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.