Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: US Launches Tomahawks Into Syria

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    Apparently, Trump did. And he has the best intel in the world, doncha know?
    I'm not sure about that. He is a bull$#@! artist. When he gave his speech tonight and mentioned the children, there was not only sadness, but guilt which I saw coming through. At least, that is how I read his body language.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    He needs to fire them all. He's supposed to be good at firing people, we have entire departments that need to be fired.
    Yeah but lets give Chris Christie a job, that guy doesn't abuse power. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Okay. So a vote in congress now is not a decision. LOL. You've just jumped the shark.
    of course they are "decisions". the point in the context for which we were speaking is that Ron Paul's "decisions" carried no weight, no consequence. In other words, his "decisions" were inconsequential. Just like anyone who made the "decision" to not vote for Trump had an inconsequential vote/decision.

I've given you several examples of Ron Paul not batting 1000 on all of his decisions and choices. I really shouldn't have to explain how no one is perfect and how my vote for Trump doesn't mean I vote for bombs and aggression. I know who you voted for and I know you have no regrets, regardless of the fact that the man you voted for has political decision making $#@!ups. Sure, he's the politician with probably the least amount of political decision making $#@!ups, great, you win a prize for voting for him.

My conscious is clear because participating in politics is not something I hang my moral hat on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I don't either.

I do see the MSM saying they think there will be more of the same kind of chemical attacks.

Guess they might have something planned.
    Probably something in the US. Something here (false flag, of course) is what would be needed to justify public support of further escalation. FYI, May 1 is a major TPTB "holiday", called Beltane.
    Last edited by devil21; 04-06-2017 at 10:09 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Aaaaand, this is but one good example why that is a good policy.
    I'm sure if everyone had this policy we'd all be angels.

Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    of course they are "decisions". the point in the context for which we were speaking is that Ron Paul's "decisions" carried no weight, no consequence. In other words, his "decisions" were inconsequential. Just like anyone who made the "decision" to not vote for Trump had an inconsequential vote/decision.
    Okay. Congress doesn't matter. Got it. Amash and Massie should just resign.

I've given you several examples of Ron Paul not batting 1000 on all of his decisions and choices. I really shouldn't have to explain how no one is perfect and how my vote for Trump doesn't mean I vote for bombs and aggression. I know who you voted for and I know you have no regrets, regardless of the fact that the man you voted for has political decision making $#@!ups. Sure, he's the politician with probably the least amount of political decision making $#@!ups, great, you win a prize for voting for him.
    I never said you voted for bombs. I gave you clear examples of votes I regretted making and why. None of your examples that you are pinning on Ron Paul have anything to do with votes. Ron never promised to always pick the best people to run his campaigns. Ron never promised to make the decision you wanted him to make regarding a domain name for a website.

My conscious is clear because participating in politics is not something I hang my moral hat on.
    Regretting a vote does not mean you don't have a clear conscience. I regret some of my votes. That doesn't mean I had done anything morally wrong.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    An Alcoholics Anonymous book depot?
    I have never been to AA , I did not know they had books .
    Do something Danke

I'm sure if everyone had this policy we'd all be angels.
    No, but we would stop giving them power.
    "The Patriarch"

Even if by some bizarre means a diplomatic resolution to this happens in the next week, it's awful stuff.

Just like every one of America's military interventions, tonight's action will have an avalanche of unintended consequences. At "best," many of those consequences won't affect America or Americans directly. But they will stretch decades into the future. So many will die and the pain and loss will be extended further than it is already - more dead kids, more dead parents, more refugees, more terrorists. Consider that tonight's attack is very nearly on the 14th anniversary of the Battle of Baghdad and muse a little on what proceeded from that.

There's not going to be a quick resolution. Why? trump was always a tool of neocons and the MIC. He bankrolled them and hobnobbed with them. A quick Google will get you a photo of trump with the worst of them. You can find him alternately insulting and endorsing virtually all of them. Enemy Nikki Haley becomes US Ambassador etc etc. It's all a charade. trump's long-time adversarial stance against Ron Paul marked him as a militarist. His first foreign policy cabinet appointments were noteworthy for their anti-Islamic uniformity. The opening months of his administration have been massive escalations of militarism, capped with a flamboyant, unconstitutional invasion of a sovereign nation.

What happens to America is only one part of the picture. The idea that the Syria attack is because of sad videos of dying kids is absurd. As far as I can tell, trump really doesn't think the lives of Arabs are worth as much as those of Americans. Their deaths don't phase him. And he doesn't think the lives of Americans at large are worth as much as his plutocrat friends from Goldman Sachs. Don't be shocked if we get the draft back in the next year or two. He has abdicated control to MIC generals and the CIA, enabling a more stealthy militarism that won't be observable even to the MSM. It's already up to independent agencies (one funded by an organization founded by Soros!) to make an attempt at assessing the human cost of our increasing foreign adventurism.

At "worst," we will have massive conscription and an unimaginable quagmire that kills our kids and makes the Iraq wars and Afghanistan look smalltime. I guess some people would call that WWIII. trump believes in making wild gambles. If they fail sometimes, that's okay, he'll make up for it with later successes. His gamble this time is giving control of war to the MIC and CIA. But his failures have never before resulted in the kind of unintended consequences that result in mass murder of innocent people, via conventional terrorism, or chemical or biological weapons, or nukes. In business, the man is an amusing maverick. As the leader of a militaristic nation-state, he's a catalyst for evil.

trump is the enemy. He's always been a con, a trickster, and a liar. It's forgivable to be charmed by him. But he's against peace, he's against free markets, he's against life itself. Zippy is not your enemy, trump is your enemy. Those who are shocked by tonight's action should consider the possibility that none of that is an overstatement.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

What a crazy week this has been. We went from the Obama administration and Susan Rice being on the hook for illegal spying to the start of WW3 in the span of 4 days. Trump just took us down the rabbit hole.
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post

There's not going to be a quick resolution.
    Time will tell. Hopefully you are wrong.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Okay. Congress doesn't matter. Got it. Amash and Massie should just resign.

I never said you voted for bombs. I gave you clear examples of votes I regretted making and why. None of your examples that you are pinning on Ron Paul have anything to do with votes. Ron never promised to always pick the best people to run his campaigns. Ron never promised to make the decision you wanted him to make regarding a domain name for a website.

Regretting a vote does not mean you don't have a clear conscience. I regret some of my votes. That doesn't mean I had done anything morally wrong.
    Congress matters when they make a new law. The person who voted no when the law was passed didn't matter for that law. Unless they made sure to get the stuff they wanted in it before voting no so they could say they opposed it. That happened, that's when Ron Paul mattered while he was in Congress. That was the decisions he made that had consequences, actual outcomes. How you get "congress doesn't matter" out of what I said is just some ignoring what I said I guess.

That's fine, you regret your votes. That's your personal feeling and you had your reasons. Tonight, Trump dropped bombs. I already said I don't support it. It also doesn't make me feel regret for voting for him.

This is clearly a moral dilemma that folks here are trying to cast on Trump voters. Typically my personal feeling of regret come when I have acted immorally. There is a big difference for me making a decision that fails and making a decision that is immoral. I do both sometimes, but my feelings of regret don't crop up because I do something dumb, or lose, or miscalculate. My feelings of regret come when I know I am doing something wrong and I do it anyways. That is immoral and when I realize I am acting like that, I feel like $#@! and apologize. Not going to happen in my vote for Trump because I already got everything I expected out of that decision. To me it was a no brainer. It was an easy vote. As easy as voting for Ron Paul when I had the chance to do that.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Shock n Awe 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Even if by some bizarre means a diplomatic resolution to this happens in the next week, it's awful stuff.

Just like every one of America's military interventions, tonight's action will have an avalanche of unintended consequences. At "best," many of those consequences won't affect America or Americans directly. But they will stretch decades into the future. So many will die and the pain and loss will be extended further than it is already - more dead kids, more dead parents, more refugees, more terrorists. Consider that tonight's attack is very nearly on the 14th anniversary of the Battle of Baghdad and muse a little on what proceeded from that.

There's not going to be a quick resolution. Why? trump was always a tool of neocons and the MIC. He bankrolled them and hobnobbed with them. A quick Google will get you a photo of trump with the worst of them. You can find him alternately insulting and endorsing virtually all of them. Enemy Nikki Haley becomes US Ambassador etc etc. It's all a charade. trump's long-time adversarial stance against Ron Paul marked him as a militarist. His first foreign policy cabinet appointments were noteworthy for their anti-Islamic uniformity. The opening months of his administration have been massive escalations of militarism, capped with a flamboyant, unconstitutional invasion of a sovereign nation.

What happens to America is only one part of the picture. The idea that the Syria attack is because of sad videos of dying kids is absurd. As far as I can tell, trump really doesn't think the lives of Arabs are worth as much as those of Americans. Their deaths don't phase him. And he doesn't think the lives of Americans at large are worth as much as his plutocrat friends from Goldman Sachs. Don't be shocked if we get the draft back in the next year or two. He has abdicated control to MIC generals and the CIA, enabling a more stealthy militarism that won't be observable even to the MSM. It's already up to independent agencies (one funded by an organization founded by Soros!) to make an attempt at assessing the human cost of our increasing foreign adventurism.

At "worst," we will have massive conscription and an unimaginable quagmire that kills our kids and makes the Iraq wars and Afghanistan look smalltime. I guess some people would call that WWIII. trump believes in making wild gambles. If they fail sometimes, that's okay, he'll make up for it with later successes. His gamble this time is giving control of war to the MIC and CIA. But his failures have never before resulted in the kind of unintended consequences that result in mass murder of innocent people, via conventional terrorism, or chemical or biological weapons, or nukes. In business, the man is an amusing maverick. As the leader of a militaristic nation-state, he's a catalyst for evil.

trump is the enemy. He's always been a con, a trickster, and a liar. It's forgivable to be charmed by him. But he's against peace, he's against free markets, he's against life itself. Zippy is not your enemy, trump is your enemy. Those who are shocked by tonight's action should consider the possibility that none of that is an overstatement.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to undergroundrr again.

No, but we would stop giving them power.
    Well that power doesn't exist in a vacuum now does it? I agree if no one voted, there would be a huge power vacuum. I suppose that means that power would just vanish.

Well that power doesn't exist in a vacuum now does it? I agree if no one voted, there would be a huge power vacuum. I suppose that means that power would just vanish.
    I want a government so small there is no power to buy. I don't want the last tickets to Disneyland before it burns down.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I want a government so small there is no power to buy. I don't want the last tickets to Disneyland before it burns down.
    I don't think the quantitative measure of power is proportional to the size of government. Disneyland is overrated.

The original point was that this proves Trump voters were wrong for voting for him over Hillary.
    No it wasn't. No one made any such "point."

The point that Hillary would be even worse is not to give Trump a pass, but to refute the stupid idea that this proves we should've voted for her.
    No one said that "this proves we should've voted for her."

Except for ghengis86, no one even mentioned Hillary until you replied to CaptUSA's accusation that "you wanted this $#@!" by saying "It's not like Hillary wouldn't have done this."

Hillary no longer has anything to do with anything, and she hasn't since she lost the election.

So I repeat: why do you and others persist in going on about what Hillary would have done (except in order to deflect criticism away from Trump)?

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Wall? What wall?

So ... it's gone from "Hillary would be much worse" to "Hillary wouldn't have been much better " ...
    Hillary would not have been better in this regard. And in other areas, she would be far worse.

The US is the sht country of the planet, next to Israel.

And all the Presidents going back to Bush have all sucked. It appears that Trump is just as bad as every other President I've been old enough to vote for or against.

Trump is looking to be about the same as all of our garbage Presidents. Reagan was light on the wars, actually, but from Bush on, all the Presidents have sucked at foreign policy and not attacking other countries and killing their people.

Assad, the Syrian President killed Syrians (supposedly). How many Syrians have we already killed this year?

Why does the media give 0 fcks when the US kills hundreds or thousands of Syrians, but when the Syrians kill Syrians, it's a major problem?

The US kills thousands of Syrians and it doesn't make the news. Assad might've killed dozens of Syrians, oh, we gotta kill tens of thousands of Syrians now.

We're the sht country of the world.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, it wouldn't vanish. You would get the amount you're entitled to and they would lose the power they aren't entitled to.
    "The Patriarch"

Except for ghengis86, no one even mentioned Hillary until you replied to CaptUSA's accusation that "you wanted this $#@!" by saying "It's not like Hillary wouldn't have done this."

Hillary no longer has anything to do with anything, and she hasn't since she lost the election.

So I repeat: why do you and others persist in going on about what Hillary would have done (except in order to deflect criticism away from Trump)?
    You know what no one is saying Gary Johnson would of done this. Mother $#@!er was so high he doesn't even know where Syria is.

The implication of CaptUSA's post was that by voting for Trump I wanted war. Not true, we were going to have war no matter what. We didn't get a vote on that. I voted for immigration reform and a conservative supreme court justice, among other domestic reforms.

No, it wouldn't vanish. You would get the amount you're entitled to and they would lose the power they aren't entitled to.
    Don't take away my gubmint cheese.

Jan2017

If Trump and advisors are correct - in that hitting this base (with Russian barracks) will prevent
    future nerve gas attacks from Syria,
    then that gas is now released after being hit and I'd expect to be waking up to Russian casualties from exposure.
    Also so, (flippantly) "then the Russians are complicit in nerve gas attacks" - Marco Rubio, Thursday night

That would be the "gooder news"

Rather I think, it is gonna be that there was no nerve gas stored there for future attacks and Massie was right,
    in that the nerve gas that killed civilians including babies, 48 hours ago was released when Syrian jet bombers
    bombed an ammo depot in an obscure city, and that is where sarin nerve gas was stored and destroyed
    but got released killing civilians.

No consulation if Massie's plausible explanation turns out right either.

A lose-lose move for Trump - for not thinking this through, with Russian casualties (?)
    Last edited by Jan2017; 04-06-2017 at 10:38 PM.

Congress matters when they make a new law. The person who voted no when the law was passed didn't matter for that law. Unless they made sure to get the stuff they wanted in it before voting no so they could say they opposed it. That happened, that's when Ron Paul mattered while he was in Congress. That was the decisions he made that had consequences, actual outcomes. How you get "congress doesn't matter" out of what I said is just some ignoring what I said I guess.
    Decisions matter whether you get the desired outcome or not. And not all decisions a president makes have a desired outcome. Trump tried to get RyanCare passed. (Glad he failed). Really at this point you're not making a point. Everything you cited as a mistake Ron Paul made had no real effect on the country. Now you've admitted that Ron Paul made decisions in congress that mattered. (You were worrying me for a second. ) So he made some good decisions that mattered, he made some decisions that you think don't matter (I disagree because sometimes a "no" vote has persuasive authority on someone else for the next go round), and all of the mistakes you cite have no bearing on the country.

That's fine, you regret your votes. That's your personal feeling and you had your reasons. Tonight, Trump dropped bombs. I already said I don't support it. It also doesn't make me feel regret for voting for him.
    Fine. You don't.

This is clearly a moral dilemma that folks here are trying to cast on Trump voters.
    I honestly couldn't give a rats ass about Trump voters. I am bothered by those who over the past few months have viciously attacked others on this forum, me included, for daring to criticize Trump. To be fair I haven't seen you do that. I am also bothered, to a lesser degree, by the Obamabot like mental gymnastics I have seen from Trump supporters. "Oh he's attacking the Freedom Caucus in order to get rid of Paul Ryan! Oh it's really Rinse Prebutt who has temporarily taken over Trump's twitter account." That's gotten old. Again I haven't seen you do that.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Don't take away my gubmint cheese.
    Try some of this;

You have to pay for it, but it's a hell of a lot better.
    "The Patriarch"

I am fairly certain that power is not something that is equally distributed among human beings. I am also fairly certain that individual power is going to fluctuate depending on circumstances and relationships between people.

In the context of voting, I am attempting to influence the direction of a much larger source of power. If no one attempted to do this, that larger source of power would still exist. It almost seems pointless to try and exert any influence since the power of an individual anonymous vote is infinitesimal compared to just the power of me deciding where I might shop for groceries. Bordering on almost non existent when considering how that vote might influence the massive social structures in a country of 300 million where that country is also dealing with external influence of a world of 10 billion.

Yet, that act, no matter how small and insignificant as it may seem doesn't give or take any power from anyone. It only expresses an individual will. It's a token reminder that as an individual, I have power that may influence another. Regardless if it does or does not it's still an expression that cannot simply be ignored. I am going to vote one way or another. So will you.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast