Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Texan landowners don't want their land stolen for Trump's wall

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    No, back then we almost turned into a marxist dictatorship under Lincoln due to excessive legal immigration
    Yes, of all the things that Lincoln is known for, it's his excessive legal immigration. That's really what screwed this country up !
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Yes, of all the things that Lincoln is known for, it's his excessive legal immigration. That's really what screwed this country up !
    Without the hordes of marxist immigrants that came in the decades prior the Republican party would likely have never been formed and would certainly never have won, without them and those that came during the war who were drafted or volunteered the Union army would have lost.

Excessive immigration created the American empire, destroyed the old Republic and nearly turned us into a marxist dictatorship in the 1800's.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Hmmph. Look at that, would ya... Isn't that something?
    You're comparing gun control to securing a country's borders?
    Can you explain?

Without the hordes of marxist immigrants that came in the decades prior the Republican party would likely have never been formed and would certainly never have won, without them and those that came during the war who were drafted or volunteered the Union army would have lost.

Excessive immigration created the American empire, destroyed the old Republic and nearly turned us into a marxist dictatorship in the 1800's.
    Wow, so immigrants really are to blame for everything?

I suppose @oyarde would agree.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Excessive immigration has made everything worse throughout the history of our nation, the only exceptions were the periods when immigration was tightly controlled.

Yes and he would be right.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump visited McAllen Texas- a prosperous border town with a very low crime rate to try to emphasize the crime that immigrants are bringing to the US. (US/ Mexico border towns tend to have very low crime rates). He warned about massive amounts of drugs coming into the country and being seized by border patrol agents- at existing legal border crossings- not smuggled across unfenced mountains and barren deserts. A wall will stop neither. Trump said smuggling would end immediately.

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/02...r-crime-rates/

Border Communities Have Lower Crime Rates

Crime has dropped, and the Texas side of the border apparently is now safer than the state's larger cities. But a political tug-of-war about the security needs of the region remains full of fiery rhetoric and competing views about how safe border communities really are.

"It’s much safer than say San Antonio, Houston or Dallas,” said Democratic state Sen. Juan "Chuy" Hinojosa, who represents a McAllen-based district. “It’s certainly much safer than Washington D.C. or Chicago.”

State and federal crime data backs those claims: Violent crime rates have remained the same or dropped in many border cities in the last five years for which data is available.

In 2014, Houston's violent crime rate — counting murder, non-negligent manslaughter, rape, robbery and aggravated assault — stood at 991 crimes for every 100,000 residents, according to the FBI’s annual Uniform Crime Report. The violent crime rate in Dallas was 665 crimes for every 100,000 residents.

Border communities like Laredo, El Paso, Edinburg and Brownsville all saw fewer than 400 crimes for every 100,000 residents.

Brownsville is one of the few cities where crime rates, though relatively low, have increased recently, rising from 253 crimes for every 100,000 residents in 2009 to 304 in 2014.

Meanwhile, the violent crime in El Paso, the most populous border town, has dropped from 457 crimes for every 100,000 residents in 2009 to 393 in 2014. For years, the West Texas city has been declared the safest of its size, according to Congressional Quarterly.

Yes , I have lobbied against dirty immigrants for decades , who needs 'em ? Not me
    Do something Danke

Are immigrants the reason that Honey Boo Boo was taken off the air???!?!!!
    - Kim Kardashian

Excessive immigration has made everything worse throughout the history of our nation, the only exceptions were the periods when immigration was tightly controlled.
    It was really only since the 1920's that immigration has been controlled at all. And I agree, the country has gotten sooooo much better since then.
    - Kim Kardashian

That is a lie but...

Thanks for making my case for me.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It was really only since the 1920's that immigration has been controlled at all. And I agree, the country has gotten sooooo much better since then.
    The excessive immigration up to that point almost gave us another communist dictatorship under FDR, the damage slowed after FDR but the poison was already deep in the national culture.

The 1968 immigration act threw the doors wide open again and then the illegal alien flood was encouraged and the descent into hell went into high gear.

The immigration controls of the 1920's were too little and more importantly too late.

That is why we need an immigration freeze of at least 10 years if we are ever going to turn the ship around.

We will also probably end up having another civil war in which we will have to kill or expel the ideological (and in many cases literal) descendants of the excessive immigrants.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    You're comparing gun control to securing a country's borders?
    Can you explain?
    I'm comparing property to property, so...

It's true, the lie you posted presented a best case scenario and even in that case our choice is to embrace extreme poverty or control our borders.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yes and he would be right.
    Yeah this is right in line with Ron/the liberty movement.

This checks out.

lolwut

I'm comparing property to property, so...
    Just like apples and billiard balls are both objects.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This checks out.

lolwut
    Is this a cult?
    Because I don't remember being told that we all had to agree 100% about EVERY issue.
    Your cult called, they said that even they didn't want you back.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

So, to summarize, we need a 10 year freeze on immigration, even though immigrants always make things worse, even though everyone in this country is an immigrant or a descendant of one, and if we had no immigrants, regular Americans would vote pro-Trump er um I mean pro-least evil er um I mean most good or something like that right down the line, and then in 10 years we can unfreeze immigration. Also, immigrants are marxists.

mindfck'd

Is this a cult?
    Because I don't remember being told that we all had to agree 100% about EVERY issue.
    Your cult called, they said that even they didn't want you back.
    It's not just a cult, it's a job... amirite? Swordsmyth? Because it's your job to post here. See what I did there?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just like apples and billiard balls are both objects.
    'kay.

Paid operative. Your arguments are invalid.

It's true, the lie you posted presented a best case scenario and even in that case our choice is to embrace extreme poverty or control our borders.
    Ron Paul disagrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Ron Paul disagrees.
    But DJT does, so...

This checks out.

lolwut

I'm feeling REALLY FRICKIN' CYNICAL tonight, so I think I'll just bite my tongue.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

So, to summarize, we need a 10 year freeze on immigration, even though immigrants always make things worse, even though everyone in this country is an immigrant or a descendant of one, and if we had no immigrants, regular Americans would vote pro-Trump er um I mean pro-least evil er um I mean most good or something like that right down the line, and then in 10 years we can unfreeze immigration. Also, immigrants are marxists.

mindfck'd
    We need a 10 year freeze at a minimum and possibly a separation or civil war, then we need immigration limited at levels that don't tilt the balance of politics against liberty.

The fact that everyone's ancestors migrated at some point in history (even Oyarde's) is irrelevant, allowing our society to be overrun by foreigners who are hostile to liberty and even to our existence is not a viable policy, the past is the past and we own this country now and must not allow it to be taken away from us like those who came before.

Liberty must have a territory where it reigns or it doesn't exist and in order to keep it reigning immigration must be limited so that hordes of statists don't seize control of the territory and extinguish it.

If you want people outside the territory to have liberty then you must go to them and convince them to believe in it, then we can consider allowing more of them to come here.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Ron Paul disagrees.
    And he is wrong.

You have no place citing Ron anyway, you are his number one enemy on this forum.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's not just a cult, it's a job... amirite? Swordsmyth? Because it's your job to post here. See what I did there?
    'kay.

Paid operative. Your arguments are invalid.
    But DJT does, so...

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I'm feeling REALLY FRICKIN' CYNICAL tonight, so I think I'll just bite my tongue.
    I hear ya bud.

I'm heading to bed. Because I sleep. And I have a job to go to tomorrow, and other things I'll be doing in my life. Sure would be nice to get paid to post here though, wouldn't it? I mean, my post count would be way up from the measly 4K in 9 years that it's currently at. What is that, a decent afternoon for SwordShill, amirite?!

Peace, Chris. Still sending up the best for you and yours...

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We need a 10 year freeze at a minimum and possibly a separation or civil war, then we need immigration limited at levels that don't tilt the balance of politics against liberty.

The fact that everyone's ancestors migrated at some point in history (even Oyarde's) is irrelevant, allowing our society to be overrun by foreigners who are hostile to liberty and even to our existence is not a viable policy, the past is the past and we own this country now and must not allow it to be taken away from us like those who came before.

Liberty must have a territory where it reigns or it doesn't exist and in order to keep it reigning immigration must be limited so that hordes of statists don't seize control of the territory and extinguish it.

If you want people outside the territory to have liberty then you must go to them and convince them to believe in it, then we can consider allowing more of them to come here.
    #MAGA

#NotJoking

+rep
    - Kim Kardashian

As I've said before, I could easily argue immigration from both sides- it's not a cut and dry issue, gang.

Let's do a thought experiment of sorts... beware- I'm on my phone and have the flu.

Open Borders or "Closed"-

Pros:

Open allows people to move freely across public land (or private with the landowner's permission), from one nation to the next.

No Boarder Patrol goons hassling you to sniff test your socks for drugs or your arsehole for guns, simply because you wanna pop to the otherside for some lunch and a blowie.

If I ran into a nice Mexicana lass that I'd like to have stay with me in Me Ol Casa, I can simply invite her, then I kick her rear out when I'm ready; free to do so in my own home, by God.

Prices at Texas' infamous Sombreros, Sombreros, Sombreros! have never been lower, and Juan Sanchez wants to pop over and grab himself a new lid during his lunch break- and the owner wants to sell him one, damn it.

This is Freedom to associate and or make commerce with whomever I please- and I like it!

Cons:

Violent criminals do tend to dislike capture and confinement, so fleeing the country to bunk with your sister will certainly sound appealing (until he sees your sister).

Cultural "mixing pots" sound hip, but anyone that's ever tried a Sonic's Jalepeno Chocolate Milkshake can tell you that sometimes... $#@!e don't mix well. There is a vast difference in flavor profiles and instead of something that tastes sweet with a little bite at the end... you get a mouthful of frozen turd. No bueno. And if you believe middle American values align with that of Juarez, I have land in the Rio Grande to sell ya. Most of that country is Chicago, only dressed in unreasonably snug Wranglers and shiny buttoned shirts, and you can bet your sweet ass- they're going Blue, baby!

Want to live in a nice quiet town with fair weather and nice houses? So does Juan and his 40 children! Enjoy the checkout lane at the local Walmart while they thumb through a month's worth of foodstamps. Oh, BTW, that town's not so nice anymore; your wife was raped by a couple of 120 lb really misunderstood hombres, just looking for a better life.

I.... yeah, man. I know those are extreme and I'm being a little goofy... but really-

Best case scenario: they overwhelmingly vote Blue, run up inflation and taxes, crowd your supermarket, and occasionally make a nice friend to you or the family. Pablo is a cool guy sometimes.

There's no way we're going to overturn the welfare state, End the Fed, and abolish the IRS before the immigration issue is settled. Not happening, folks.

Do you think it is more likely with their cultural influence? Really?

So.... yeah. I like no boarders. I like them after the nanny state is dead and gone.
    Last edited by Wooden Indian; 01-10-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Federal Dictatorship.. Marx wasn't even well known yet.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Is this a cult?
    Trump devotes seem to be..

and I am free to point out the flaws in your religion.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast