Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: American killed by tribemen in Indian islands

This is not really a story that has any parallels to politics. This is a primitive tribe that survived the 2004 tsunami. There are supposedly between 50-200 people on the island. They have had some contact with the outside world. I think looking at a tribe that lives a primitive life through a 2018 lens is the wrong thing to do. And I think protecting them from the outside world is not necessarily the way to go. There is a penalty for visiting there without permission. They obviously know there are such things as power boats, airplanes, and helicopters. They go all around the island. And they know there are other people in the world, because certain expeditions have visited there.

Nobody has ever communicated with them because their language is spoken, not written, and nobody has ever lived there long enough to work it out and write it down.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This man died for what he believed in, his faith in Jesus Christ the Son of God. Back when men were men before keyboard warriors, they called that true courage. Some of his last words:

"My name is John, I love you and Jesus loves you."

Lord, is this island Satan's last stronghold where none have heard or even had the chance to hear your name?"

"The eternal lives of this tribe is at hand",

"You guys might think I’m crazy in all this but I think it's worthwhile to declare Jesus to these people. Please do not be angry at them or at God if I get killed ...Don’t retrieve my body."

“God, I don’t want to die.”
    Last edited by William Tell; 12-06-2018 at 04:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post
    And also commanded to "do to others what you would have them do to you". Which I think would include not pestering people when your presence clearly isn't welcome.

I'm more in the "Let's not presume to know what God wants you to do" school. Deus vult smacks a little too much of arrogance and self-importance IMO.
    So Jesus should have ran away, instead of being Crucified? All martyrs do it to themselves in other words?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    This man died for what he believed in, his faith in Jesus Christ the Son of God. Back when men were men before keyboard warriors, they called that true courage. Some of his last words:
    Only he and GOD know whether he was foolish or was prompted by the spirit to make the attempt, the rest of us should respect his willingness to die for his beliefs and desire to help others.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Even if it is an Invader disrespecting your sovereignty?

It sounds like Coastal defense to me.
    Sounds like people working on criticisms of their neighbors.

I don't especially like my neighbor; but I don't plan to off him.

...degenerate criminals.

Stay home.Stay safe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123