Thread: Nancy Pelosi hopeful that bump stock ban leads to more loss of freedoms: "slippery slope".

Nancy Pelosi hopeful that bump stock ban leads to more loss of freedoms: "slippery slope".

Pelosi Hopes For ‘Slippery Slope’ On Gun Regulations.

WASHINGTON — House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi conceded Thursday that members supporting gun control want more than just a bill to ban the “bump stock” firearm accessory that the Las Vegas shooter used to rapidly fire bullets at a crowd of concert-goers.

There are going to be Republicans who resist this because they say, ‘Give the gun control people an inch and they’ll try to take a mile,'” a reporter asked Pelosi at a press conference. “So how do you plan to overcome that when the truth is that you would like to go further?”

So what?” Pelosi responded. “They’re going to say, ‘You give them bump stock, it’s going to be a slippery slope.’ I certainly hope so. But I don’t think bump stock should be a substitute for the background check. By the way the background check is a compromise. There are many more things members want to do, and we’re saying, ‘How do we save the most lives?’ We save the most lives with a background check.”
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does she know that her statement is likely to increase opposition to her goals?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Shhhhhhhhhh

I think that Nancy could get an NRA endorsement like her friend Dirty Harry Reid.

SHHHHH...

How do we save the most lives?’
    Maybe some creativity is in order, like banning weapons from being carried to anything higher than the 30th floor
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

At this point, I doubt she even knows which room she is in.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Maybe some creativity is in order, like banning weapons from being carried to anything higher than the 30th floor
    You should call Leader Pelosi office with this idea - 202.225.4965