Thread: Underwater pipeline explosion offshore Mexico

Exclamation Underwater pipeline explosion offshore Mexico

Circle of flames erupts in the Gulf of Mexico after a gas leak causes an underwater pipeline to catch fire before ships rush to extinguish the blaze

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rked-fire.html

By Rachel Sharp For Dailymail.com

Published: 18:44 EDT, 2 July 2021 | Updated: 19:47 EDT, 2 July 2021

The ocean off Mexico's Gulf Coast was up in flames Friday after a gas leak from an underwater pipeline sparked a fire on the surface of the water.

Dramatic footage showed bright orange flames raging on the sea just meters from a state-owned oil drilling platform west of Mexico's Yucatan peninsula around dawn Friday.

The blaze was dubbed an 'eye of fire' on social media due to its circular shape, while several boats were seen rushing to suffocate the flames.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1411045300781948931
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anyone seen @oyarde lately?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Seems like they should want to keep it burning till they can shut the pipeline down, then it would go out on it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Anyone seen @oyarde lately?
    Speaking of pipelines, what's he smoking in his peace pipe these days?

Lol - the water is on fire. I know... Let's get some more water on it!! Bring out the water cannons!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Lol - the water is on fire. I know... Let's get some more water on it!! Bring out the water cannons!
    LOL - Media fail.

Having been in a similar situation more than once, I can tell you, in my case anyway, that water is not for extinguishing but rather to provide a heat shield for the vessel.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Cool. I think I’ll get that water feature installed in my backyard.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    LOL - Media fail.

Having been in a similar situation more than once, I can tell you, in my case anyway, that water is not for extinguishing but rather to provide a heat shield for the vessel.
    Do they have a/c on oil drilling platforms/rigs? Probably getting pretty hot there.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A little baking soda ought to get it.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Do they have a/c on oil drilling platforms/rigs? Probably getting pretty hot there.
    Yes, but I imagine that platform is evacuated of all but essential hands.

I burned all the paint on the port side of my vessel at Deepwater Horizon.

Hotter than hell, that fire was.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes, but I imagine that platform is evacuated of all but essential hands.

I burned all the paint on the port side of my vessel at Deepwater Horizon.

Hotter than hell, that fire was.
    Until you are near a really hot fire, you don’t realize how penetrating and hot that heat can be.