Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul: Facebook has blocked me from managing my page

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yeah, Section 230 is a red herring meant to distract and divert. It is really about collusion and oligopoly. And the Biden Administration won't do anything.
    It's not a red herring. As far as I know, I'm the first person that made the argument on several forums four years ago. and it was widely repeated.

It was never meant to be a catch all, but was meant to stop a foreseeable problem I saw four years ago - and make gun shy the big tech companies before they became worse, as well as do something without effectively creating new laws, and which could have actually been done by regulation change. Everyone could have implemented it four years ago, and Trump is entirely at fault for not implementing it administratively.

The original messages included a list of other things that could be done, 230 was only a first step. 230 was mentioned as an example following entirely libertarian principles of monopolies don't happen long term without government interference, and listing one example of giving them special immunity for being something they claimed which they are not. And it was created specifically to foil belt way libertarians making fake arguments (ie Alinsky communists in disguise).

Of course the tech companies are violating many other laws, and are monopolies. But that is not why the 230 argument was created. It was only created as a first jab at it 4 years ago, before it became worse. Among other things, they are constantly violating intellectual property and copyrights (google couldn't even exist without it), contract fraud on a massive scale, etc - I could easily make a pages long list.

The right response to "but it's their property", is it's on a network created by the united states and a public space. They can go build their own international network, underlining protocol suit, and user base if they don't like it.

And that is the fraud right there. Even malls, genuinely privately built, have more legal protection as a semi public area. But this is a network the government built with your tax dollars, and back in the day - circa 1992/1993, you could be kicked off the network if you discriminated the way these companies have. Existing law for telephone companies, ie, would have likewise made it illegal for them.
    Last edited by SpiritOf1776_J4; 01-11-2021 at 05:06 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I think Ron will go back to normal on facebook once things cool down.

There are a lot of supposed threats, we have to get through the next week...
    2 weeks to flatten the curve, amirite comrade Snowball? /WINK
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I think Ron will go back to normal on facebook once things cool down.
    So the "truth movement" will rise again - once the social media oligarchs have cooled off. That's good to know. Thanks!

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

See, even if you hated Trump and thought he was a goof.......he was a bulwark against this level of insane censorship, this would not have happened if he won this election.
    As soon as there is blood in the water against his power base, they went stupid crazy on censorship.

This site could even be on the hit list.

If Libertarian websites get nuked then it really is goodnight and goodbye for America and it's freedoms.
    Last edited by ProBlue33; 01-11-2021 at 05:40 PM.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    See, even if you hated Trump and thought he was a goof.......he was a bulwark against this level of insane censorship, this would not have happened if he won this election.
    As soon as there is blood in the water against his power base, they went stupid crazy on on censorship.

If Libertarian websites get nuked then it really is goodnight and goodbye for America and it's freedoms.
    It wouldn't have happened from Trump - I agree with that. But I disagree with him being a bulwark against it, see my message. He was warned four years ago about it, could have taken administrative steps against it, and didn't.

He could have also declared coronovirus NOT a national emergency, not granted any states funding for it, and actually have done the opposite, and declared state shutdowns and unconstitutional orders a national emergency. Warned by many that it was going to be exactly what it was. And went forward, and helped the communists shut down the country.

Same thing with election fraud. warned numerous times, no proactive steps.

etc. etc. etc.

Trump seems to mean well, which makes him head and shoulders above those with evil intent, and has done well in some things, including getting rid of regulation.

But as far as the cornovirus hoax and allowing the election fraud to go forward, he could have destroyed the country. That goes as well with not cracking down on the riots, or not going hard on the government criminals or cleaning out law enforcement.

My sum total on it right now is speak softly and carry a big stick - not speak loudly, and carry no stick, then ask why no one else did anything.
    Last edited by SpiritOf1776_J4; 01-11-2021 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BSWPaulsen View Post
    This is, without any doubt, the most asinine way of attempting to blame Trump for what Facebook did to Ron Paul. For God's sake man, show at least a shred of intellectual honesty and pin the blame where it belongs.

Then again, judging from your post history, that is probably asking too much of you.

It's clear that Ron Paul, Trump and a whole bunch of other conservatives are on one side and the big websites are on the other. Yet, there are still people here who are pretending that they don't notice this.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I got you, but I was gonna give him +rep for that from myself so now someone's gotta spot me.
    Done
    - - - - -
    Make fun, buddy
    - - - - -

I am not on facebook of course but i would not use it any longer if i was . Banning Dr Paul is worse than banning Jefferson or Madison .

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    gab.com got 600,000 new sign ups yesterday... they are adding servers (private, their own) as fast as possible... things are still super slow because of the surge in incoming...
    Looks like cloudflare pulled the DNS for gab.com

Edit: Maybe not... https://twitter.com/getongab/status/1348779447768412160
    Last edited by Thor; 01-11-2021 at 05:54 PM.
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    Is this when thin libertarianism dies?
    No.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    First they came for the Trumpers, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Trump supporter.

Then they came for the Conservatives, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Conservative.

Then they came for the Libertarians, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Libertarian

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Facebook is a C.I.A./ Co-Intel-pro/ Mockingbird One World info-gathering and disinformation entity masquerading as a private corporation. They don't care if they lose 50% revenue. The Global oligarchy will keep them running. $#@! 'em. They should be shut down.
    Annnd that
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Facebook is a C.I.A./ Co-Intel-pro/ Mockingbird One World info-gathering and disinformation entity masquerading as a private corporation. They don't care if they lose 50% revenue. The Global oligarchy will keep them running. $#@! 'em. They should be shut down.
    Seems reasonable .

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Maybe Ron Paul Forums and Ron Paul Institute should be hosted on our own equipment and $#@! Facebook!?
    We should money bomb that.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Invisible Man, The count, etc.
    Are you happy that corporatism has prevailed over the individual?
    Last edited by RJB; 01-11-2021 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    Oh, count on it.

I alone have written enough to get it shut down, in today's climate.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Oh, count on it.

No, you are still very useful, AF. You are not an anarchist. As long as you support participate in the sandbox system, even "kicking up a fuss" about "election", they will leave you alone.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    +rep "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BSWPaulsen again." somebody get me please...
    Covered.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh, count on it.

We all have, brother. We all have posted enough to stand trial in historical leftist revolutions. We may see trials for those who have not denounced this last riot strongly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    No, you are still very useful, AF. You are not an anarchist. As long as you support participate in the sandbox system, even "kicking up a fuss" about "election", they will leave you alone.
    You honestly think the system is targeting "anarchists" alone?

They are going after anybody that is to the right of Chairman Mao.

I've now been bankrupted three times by government action in my life.

Does that qualify to you as being "left alone"?

I participated only to the extent of trying to stop that from happening the third time.

That turned out to have failed.

So you were right and was wrong.

Enjoy your gloating.

I participated only to the extent of trying to stop that from happening the third time.

Enjoy your gloating.

I am not gloating, AF, in fact to the contrary. Try as I may, though not successfully, the system counts on what is going on, if only folks can see the Fed.Gov for what it really is, and if enough people rise to the occasion it can be thrown off.

At what point? And When?

Enjoy your gloating.
    It seems some people don't think you are legit unless you have a trust fund and occasionally drive around the block without a license plate on your car.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    It seems some people don't think you are legit unless you have a trust fund and occasionally drive around the block without a license plate on your car.

I do what I do. What is your solution?

I am not gloating, AF, in fact to the contrary. Try as I may, though not successfully, the system counts on what is going on, if only folks can see the Fed.Gov for what it really is, and if enough people rise to the occasion it can be thrown off.

At what point? And When?
    That's the thing, throughout history, there have always been people getting in the way of others enjoying their lives. When you run a business, you have a wife and children to support, and other things, you have to choose when, where, and how you make a stand very wisely. I am not talking militarily, however as an example, Napoleon or any of the great generals were very specific on when, where and how they chose to make a stand.
    Last edited by RJB; 01-11-2021 at 08:40 PM.

Oh, count on it.

Save this site, ban AF.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I do what I do. What is your solution?
    Yeah, I do what I do. AF does what he does. We all do. What is your solution?
    Last edited by RJB; 01-11-2021 at 08:41 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's the thing, throughout history, there have always been people getting in the way of others enjoying their lives. When you run a business, you have a wife and children to support, and other things, you have to choose when, where, and how you make a stand very wisely. I am not talking militarily, however as an example, Napoleon or any of the great generals were very specific on when, where and how they chose to make s stand.
    I am a full advocate of enjoying life. I have a family, work everyday, and still have time to shovel snow and do the dishes. In my off time, I am very active for my age and enjoy traveling and adventure. It does not take military action if enough people stand and for the rightful cause. Holding signs, breaking windows and fighting to keep a globalist president in office does nothing but cause chaos and division.

You don't like any of my solutions, so, your ball.

Oh, count on it.

Those that want to silence your speech really want you dead. Those that burn books today will burn bodies tomorrow. This is what we face. History screams at us with the voices of the silenced.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

I am a full advocate of enjoying life. I have a family, work everyday, and still have time to shovel snow and do the dishes. In my off time, I am very active for my age and enjoy traveling and adventure. It does not take military action if enough people stand and for the rightful cause. Holding signs, breaking windows and fighting to keep a globalist president in office does nothing but cause chaos and division.

You don't like any of my solutions, so, your ball.
    You haven't given any solutions, just vague platitudes from my pov.

Me personally, I am doing the best I can for my family and right now that's about all that I can do. And no, I have nothing against windows. I know what goes into making them, so I don't break them.

Also, I don't worship Trump, but he did not cause chaos and division. 20 years ago, he would have been a unifier. He championed the demands of blue collar union guys and the Evangelical leanings of traditional Republicans. However, in today's environment, he lost the vote of those who don't know which bathroom to use-- and for that, he can not be forgiven.
    Last edited by RJB; 01-11-2021 at 09:04 PM.

You haven't given any solutions, just vague platitudes from my pov.

Me personally, I am doing the best I can for my family and right now that's about all that I can do. And no, I have nothing against windows. I know what goes into making them, so I don't break them.

Also, I don't worship Trump, but he did not cause chaos and division. 20 years ago, he would have been a unifier. He championed the demands of blue collar union guys and the Evangelical leanings of traditional Republicans. However, in today's environment, he lost the vote of those who don't know which bathroom to use.

I'll take it that we are on the same side, hanging on to whatever liberty is left the best we can. Deeper insight would benefit, as would On the Record. Actual solutions are not easy, some of us are willing to risk so that others can reward.

Trump was a great divider among the people, while a great unifier of the elite/globalists. What you see being played is, well, part of the play.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast