Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thousands of Iranians Tweet #IraniansDetestSoleimani And May Face Punishment From Regime

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    Actually, many tens of millions of Iranians are religious. They don't need to choose between following the orders of their commander and their Ayatollah, because the commander is already following the orders of the Ayatollah. Now stop your ridiculous conspiracy theorizing.
    No different from those worshiping Trump like a cult really.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    Actually, many tens of millions of Iranians are religious. They don't need to choose between following the orders of their commander and their Ayatollah, because the commander is already following the orders of the Ayatollah. Now stop your ridiculous conspiracy theorizing.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

More information...

Some mainstream US media have labelled the assassinated Qasem Soleimani as a monstrous blood-soaked, terrorist mastermind, as evil as Osama bin Laden.
    Trump supporters have also pointed out that most Iranians hate Soleimani, and use social media comments for “evidence”.

Social media disinformation expert Professor Marc Owen Jones analysed the trend. He found that most of the 60,000 Soleimani-hating came from nearly 10,000 accounts, which had for the most common phrases “Make America Great Again” and “Trump”. Personally I wouldn’t expect that accounts using those phrases are Iranians.
    Marc Jones concluded that “once again that the online right wing MAGA movement is boosting the trend that seeks to indicate that Iranians actually hated Soleimani”.

Those who were most extreme in their opposition to the recently killed general, had typical machine-generated usernames and generic profiles, with little personal data and default, plain displays on their page. This is an increasingly common occurrence in conflicts, to control the narrative on the internet.
    In November 2019, during the U.S.-backed coup against President Evo Morales, thousands of newly created bots boosted a Spanish-language hashtag “there is no coup in Bolivia”.

There is evidence to suggest that most Iranians didn’t hate the killed Soleimani.
    A 2019 survey by the University of Maryland found that “General Soleimani remains the most popular Iranian public figure” with 59% of the country viewing him “very favorably” and more than 80% of Iranians having a positive opinion of him.

A Morning Consultant poll showed that 47% of the Americans interviewed, support the drone assassination of Soleimani, although they agreed it made America less safe.
    According to recent polls by Reuters and Ipsos, 39% of Americans “strongly disapprove” of the Trump administration’s handling of the Iran situation. Last weekend there were more than 70 anti-war protests across the United States.

According to Noam Chomsky, the US is a “rogue state” conducting “reckless international terrorism” with Trump’s actions giving ISIS “another lease on life”: https://www.mintpressnews.com/study-...ashtag/264024/
    (http://archive.is/RaR8r)
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Social media disinformation expert Professor Marc Owen Jones analysed the trend. He found that most of the 60,000 Soleimani-hating came from nearly 10,000 accounts, which had for the most common phrases “Make America Great Again” and “Trump”. Personally I wouldn’t expect that accounts using those phrases are Iranians.

Sounds like personal opinion.

Sounds like personal opinion from somebody with a major case of TDS.

Why wouldn't somebody who lives in Iran and hates Soleimani like Trump, the guy who killed him?

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    There is evidence to suggest that most Iranians didn’t hate the killed Soleimani.

A 2019 survey by the University of Maryland found that “General Soleimani remains the most popular Iranian public figure” with 59% of the country viewing him “very favorably” and more than 80% of Iranians having a positive opinion of him.
    A Iranian political leader who killed and tortured over 1,600 Iranian protesters, is "popular" in the polls? Don't you realize if they answer the poll question the wrong way, that it makes it more difficult to sleep at night because they fear they might be kidnapped by the state and murdered?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...50167954804736

Students at Beheshti University of Tehran Refuse to Walk Over U.S., Israel Flags, Boo People Who Do

"You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Iranians manage to surf the web despite tide of censorship
    https://apnews.com/fa030c4f6ada4131a2b03147a06cc58e
    You know dannno,,, the CIA managed to find folks to exploit in the 1950s..

And I certainly would not want to be judged by the actions of antifa,, but those folks are around.

so what Spooks are you listening to??
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    You know dannno,,, the CIA managed to find folks to exploit in the 1950s..

And I certainly would not want to be judged by the actions of antifa,, but those folks are around.

so what Spooks are you listening to??
    Whatever the $#@!, you are supporting the guy who killed and tortured over 1,600 of his own citizens for protesting their own government..

You have no credibility with anything happening after 2010.

I have been very much opposed to Soros' color revolutions. There is NO sign this is one of them.. In fact, Soros would be on the opposite side. He would be on the same side as you and CNN and the rest of the establishment.

Whatever the $#@!, you are supporting the guy who killed and tortured over 1,600 of his own citizens for protesting their own government..

PHUCK YOU and Your stupidity...

YOU Lying Sack of $hit..

I am not supporting him..

I am calling his murder ,, a deliberate premeditated Murder.

I am not supporting you Clown boyfriend. or his Saudi/Israeli masters.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

YOU Lying Sack of $hit..

It's not a murder if he was a murderer coming to justice.

If you don't believe he was, then you are defending him.

Trump is paving the way to peace with Iran.

The sooner you can admit that, the sooner you will start understanding what is actually happening in the world instead of constantly seeing Trump Derangement Syndrome through your rose CNN colored glasses.

Trump is paving the way to peace with Iran.

The sooner you can admit that, the sooner you will start understanding what is actually happening in the world instead of constantly seeing Trump Derangement Syndrome through your rose CNN colored glasses.
    I don't watch CNN.

and you are freakin' Hilarious in a sad sort of way.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I don't watch CNN.

and you are freakin' Hilarious in a sad sort of way.
    You don't have to watch CNN to hit all of their talking points.

It might actually do you some good to watch CNN, so that you know what you should NOT believe.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

YOU Lying Sack of $hit..

I know that some of the mods seem to consider me to be fair game for this kind of insult but are you really allowed to spew them at anyone you want?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's not a murder if he was a murderer coming to justice.

If you don't believe he was, then you are defending him.
    Were the Vietnamese murderers when we invaded their country?

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    Did we invade Iran?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Did we invade Iran?
    Has the US had any official/unofficial operations in Iran in say the past 60 years or so?

Soleimani was probably clued into that.

Has the US had any official/unofficial operations in Iran in say the past 60 years or so?

Soleimani was probably clued into that.
    Have they had any operations against us in that time?

They brag about being at war with us and killing our men.

The new leader of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps' elite Quds Force once boasted that U.S. troops have “suffered more losses from us than we have suffered losses from them” and has repeatedly ripped President Trump and America’s allies.
    Brigadier Gen. Esmail Qaani, 62, now spearheads the special military unit following the death of Gen. Qassem Soleimani, who was killed Thursday in a U.S. airstrike at Baghdad International Airport in Iraq. He had served as Soleimani’s deputy commander since 1997 – and the Treasury Department says he has used his power to direct funding toward terrorist groups like Hezbollah.
    Qaani, like many other Iranian government and military officials, also has a history of making hostile and inflammatory statements against the U.S.
    “America has suffered more losses from us than we have suffered losses from them,” the Middle East Institute quoted him as saying during a 2017 ceremony in commemoration of Iranian forces and Iranian-backed militias battling in Syria and Iraq.

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/world/esmail...ce-iran-us-foe

The original IRANIAN source:
    https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/1...AF%D9%87%D8%AF

Translated:
    https://translate.google.com/#view=h...8%A7%D9%85%2F*

"The war we have with the United States has been successful in standing up and resisting in the country because we are in the province," Qaani said

He was a uniformed member and leader of an organization that brags about being at war with us and killing us, he was in Iraq while our people were being killed and our embassy was attacked and was accompanying uniformed members and leaders of the groups carrying out those attacks, groups that his group helped to create, fund and direct.

We should leave the area and try to make peace but they are NOT the "good guys" and we should protect our people from them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

snip

We should leave the area and try to make peace but they are NOT the "good guys" and we should protect our people from them.
    Yea, great.

Do it.

Have they had any operations against us in that time?

They brag about being at war with us and killing our men.

The new leader of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps' elite Quds Force once boasted that U.S. troops have “suffered more losses from us than we have suffered losses from them” and has repeatedly ripped President Trump and America’s allies.
    Brigadier Gen. Esmail Qaani, 62, now spearheads the special military unit following the death of Gen. Qassem Soleimani, who was killed Thursday in a U.S. airstrike at Baghdad International Airport in Iraq. He had served as Soleimani’s deputy commander since 1997 – and the Treasury Department says he has used his power to direct funding toward terrorist groups like Hezbollah.
    Qaani, like many other Iranian government and military officials, also has a history of making hostile and inflammatory statements against the U.S.
    “America has suffered more losses from us than we have suffered losses from them,” the Middle East Institute quoted him as saying during a 2017 ceremony in commemoration of Iranian forces and Iranian-backed militias battling in Syria and Iraq.

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/world/esmail...ce-iran-us-foe

The original IRANIAN source:
    https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/1...AF%D9%87%D8%AF

Translated:
    https://translate.google.com/#view=h...8%A7%D9%85%2F*

"The war we have with the United States has been successful in standing up and resisting in the country because we are in the province," Qaani said

He was a uniformed member and leader of an organization that brags about being at war with us and killing us, he was in Iraq while our people were being killed and our embassy was attacked and was accompanying uniformed members and leaders of the groups carrying out those attacks, groups that his group helped to create, fund and direct.

Same talking points over and over. We wouldn't have to protect "our people" from them if we weren't constantly a threat to them. Iran has no intention of invading us, they have no bases on our borders, they have never overthrown our government nor do they attempt to. Quit ignoring the fact that we are the aggressors here.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Same talking points over and over. We wouldn't have to protect "our people" from them if we weren't constantly a threat to them. Iran has no intention of invading us, they have no bases on our borders, they have never overthrown our government nor do they attempt to. Quit ignoring the fact that we are the aggressors here.
    I don't ignore anything.
    I always say we should leave.
    But that doesn't mean we shouldn't protect our people until we do.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Well ya I am sure they were, that doesn't mean we should have been there.

I'm not excited about us being in the Middle East at all.. When we took out the Democratically elected leader of Iran in '52 and replaced him with the Shah, who was a brutal dictator, that was obviously very wrong.

The response to that was Iran eventually revolted and instituted a more religiously fanatic militaristic government as a response to the United States messing with their country. That government has turned out to be quite brutal as well, and our country certainly deserves some of the blame for that.

If I could make Ron Paul President and he could just bring the troops home, that would probably be the best call. Would it have the best outcome? I don't know, but I don't know what it is we could do that would lead to the best outcome either.

But, given the choice between Trump taking out their most brutal leader who has killed American troops in the war zone and had brutal relations with his own citizens, leading to more peaceful relations and perhaps allowing the citizens to form a more free government in Iran - versus having the neocons in charge who want to start a war and control the region through manipulation.. I'll take Trump 100 times over.

Seeing innocent people die in wars is horrible. Second to that, seeing young soldiers die who only wanted to help defend their country, that is very difficult as well. Seeing the violent, brutal, power hungry guys at the top who send these soldiers out to die and end up killing innocent people - I don't have a huge problem with seeing them being taken out.

I don't ignore anything.
    I always say we should leave.
    But that doesn't mean we shouldn't protect our people until we do.
    But we aren't, you can't keep having it both ways.
    "The Patriarch"

Well ya I am sure they were, that doesn't mean we should have been there.

I'm not excited about us being in the Middle East at all.. When we took out the Democratically elected leader of Iran in '52 and replaced him with the Shah, who was a brutal dictator, that was obviously very wrong.

The response to that was Iran eventually revolted and instituted a more religiously fanatic militaristic government as a response to the United States messing with their country. That government has turned out to be quite brutal as well, and our country certainly deserves some of the blame for that.

If I could make Ron Paul President and he could just bring the troops home, that would probably be the best call. Would it have the best outcome? I don't know, but I don't know what it is we could do that would lead to the best outcome either.

But, given the choice between Trump taking out their most brutal leader who has killed American troops in the war zone and had brutal relations with his own citizens, leading to more peaceful relations and perhaps allowing the citizens to form a more free government in Iran - versus having the neocons in charge who want to start a war and control the region through manipulation.. I'll take Trump 100 times over.

Seeing innocent people die in wars is horrible. Second to that, seeing young soldiers die who only wanted to help defend their country, that is very difficult as well. Seeing the violent, brutal, power hungry guys at the top who send these soldiers out to die and end up killing innocent people - I don't have a huge problem with seeing them being taken out.
    You must spread some reputation around......

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Did we invade Iran?
    Yes,, I953

And since.. there are most certainly subversive CIA operating in that country and exploiting the criminal element and the mentally deficient,, just like they do here.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Yes,, I953

And since.. there are most certainly subversive CIA operating in that country and exploiting the criminal element and the mentally deficient,, just like they do here.
    That wasn't an invasion and we have not been occupying them or had any military presence there for quite some time.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That wasn't an invasion and we have not been occupying them or had any military presence there for quite some time.
    I believe the last known invasion was a Drone that was not nearly as Stealth as the Taxpayers have Been told.

and now they know everything that Drone did,, including it's home and Why it was in Iran.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I believe the last known invasion was a Drone that was not nearly as Stealth as the Taxpayers have Been told.

and now they know everything that Drone did,, including it's home and Why it was in Iran.
    They shot down that drone (it is disputed whether it was in their airspace or whether they had spoofed it into entering their airspace) and Trump chose to do nothing.
    That has nothing to do with all the other attacks on Americans they were responsible for when we were not in their territory by any stretch of the imagination.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

In an attempt to see if you were on to something I read the entire translation. I saw no claims of killing Americans there, but it did underscore even further that political USA is on the WRONG side of history here.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is no evidence of Soleimani killing Americans. The talking point is straight from the lying State Department. Last night Trump went ever further and claimed he's killed 'hundreds of thousands of Americans'.

SS has been repeating the same garbage since the attack. Don't argue with him. He refuses to read the links we have provided or to actually show some understanding in terms of taking the point on board. He just ignores it and carries on. He is trolling and repeating talking points from Hannity or whatever. It's sad.

Iran responsible for deaths of more than 600 American troops in Iraq
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...troops-in-iraq

Qassem Soleimani was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American soldiers
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...rican-soldiers
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast