Thread: POLL: Sanders takes lead in Iowa less than a month before vote

POLL: Sanders takes lead in Iowa less than a month before vote

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) has taken the lead in Iowa, according to a Des Moines Register/CNN poll released on Friday that shows the Vermont senator jumping past his top rivals after a third-place finish in the same survey in November.

The poll, widely considered the most authoritative in Iowa, shows Sanders with the support of 20 percent of likely Democratic caucusgoers. He's trailed closely by another progressive, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), who registered 17 percent in the survey.

Former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg and former Vice President Joe Biden round out the top four, notching 16 percent and 15 percent support, respectively.

Still, Sanders’s lead in Iowa is narrow – within the poll’s 3.7 percent margin of error – suggesting that the race in the Hawkeye State remains wide open with less than a month to go before the first-in-the-nation caucuses.

The Des Moines Register poll shows that Iowa remains a four-person race. No other candidate managed to register in double digits. Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), an underdog who’s banking on a strong finish in Iowa to lend momentum to her campaign, notched 6 percent in the poll, while former tech executive Andrew Yang finished just below her, with 5 percent support.

Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) also failed to gain ground in the poll, coming in with just 3 percent support. That’s unchanged from Register’s November poll.

The poll is welcome news for Sanders, who rose 5 points since the last Des Moines Register poll was released in November. That survey showed Buttigieg surging to the front of the pack with 25 percent support.

But Buttigieg’s political fortunes in the state appear to be reversing. He’s faced criticism in recent weeks for his fundraising practices, especially from Warren, who pointedly attacked the former Indiana mayor at last month’s Democratic presidential debate for holding a fundraiser at a so-called “wine cave” in California.

The number of likely caucusgoers who say their minds are made up on who they will support in the Feb. 3 caucuses has risen, as well. Forty percent of respondents said they are sure of their choice. But that still leaves 45 percent who say they could still change their minds, and 13 percent who have not yet picked a favorite candidate, according to the poll.

Things could still change in Iowa in the weeks leading up to the caucuses. The five senators running for the Democratic nomination are facing President Trump’s impending impeachment trial, which is expected to begin next week. That means that they will be stuck in Washington, while candidates like Buttigieg and Biden will be free to campaign in the Hawkeye State.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...efore-caucuses

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe he'll actually win the state this time rather than last election when it was decided by a coin flip.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

He has not been in doubt yet for the first two wins .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Maybe he'll actually win the state this time rather than last election when it was decided by a coin flip.
    This crisis which Trump had started in the middle east is making Sanders popular with independents, i dont always agree with Sanders on social issues but his views on the middle east a bit similar to Ron's not all of them. Its to bad he didn't win in 2016. Sanders might be a popular choice in FL.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    He has not been in doubt yet for the first two wins .
    Bernie's anti-war stance paying off. He's all over the TV condemning Trump... '

@Anti Federalist

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post

@Anti Federalist
    Told ya so.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    This crisis which Trump had started in the middle east is making Sanders popular with independents, i dont always agree with Sanders on social issues but his views on the middle east a bit similar to Ron's not all of them. Its to bad he didn't win in 2016. Sanders might be a popular choice in FL.
    Oh I'm sure he'll win a number of states.

I'm looking forward to going to the gulag for doing my job, keeping all these $#@!s fed and warm and gas in their cars.

Yay Comrade Bernie.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Oh I'm sure he'll win a number of states.

I'm looking forward to going to the gulag for doing my job, keeping all these $#@!s fed and warm and gas in their cars.

Yay Comrade Bernie.
    By November this Iran stuff will be long forgotten, Trump will win easily.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Don't forget the impeachment has to be forgotten too. The MSM will not let you forget it.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post

@Anti Federalist
    Its not the anti-war part that people like, its the anti-Trump part. And all the free sht. Free sht that helps too.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Don't forget the impeachment has to be forgotten too. The MSM will not let you forget it.
    Impeachment works in Trump's favor, it's such a farce the Demoncrats will be wishing it was forgotten.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Easily? we shall see.Clearly not Fl or parts of southern states, michigan was won by Trump team easily because of his lies and now he failed to deliver i dont think parts of the would vote for him..

By November this Iran stuff will be long forgotten
    If and as long there are no further escalations or prices at the gas pumps jumps then yes most people would forget what happened during the start of the year. Trump is openly lying to his to voter base. Lied about locking up Hillary lied about withdrawing troops from Syria within 30 days such things as these arent easily as forgotten.

Bush may had won his re election for sure but you remember what happened as well after his win? republicans started losing majority, they became the minority in the house and senate.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Its not the anti-war part that people like, its the anti-Trump part. And all the free sht. Free sht that helps too.
    That's the part that is going to scare many people away.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Easily? we shall see.Clearly not Fl or parts of southern states, michigan was won by Trump team easily because of his lies and now he failed to deliver i dont think parts of the would vote for him..

If and as long there are no further escalations or prices at the gas pumps jumps then yes most people would forget what happened during the start of the year. Trump is openly lying to his to voter base. Lied about locking up Hillary lied about withdrawing troops from Syria within 30 days such things as these arent easily as forgotten.

Bush may had won his re election for sure but you remember what happened as well after his win? republicans started losing majority, they became the minority in the house and senate.

Trump has kept many promises already and he will keep more before November.

Tell your bosses to find better talking points.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Impeachment works in Trump's favor, it's such a farce the Demoncrats will be wishing it was forgotten.
    Not really attacking a Iranian general in Iraq would seem like a distraction from his impeachment trail.

Trump has kept many promises already and he will keep more before November.

Tell your bosses to find better talking points.
    According to you the wall Trump promised is only at 95 out of 400 etc or something

he will keep more before November.
    North Korea still hasnt given up their nuclear.

dont expect Iran to bend over to be a dog as a puppet "Normal Nation Crap"

America is still losing in afghanistan.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not really attacking a Iranian general in Iraq would seem like a distraction from his impeachment trail.
    No, if that's what Trump wanted he would have started a war.

Nobody was distracted and Trump didn't want to distract them because impeachment is a farce.
    And the trial hasn't started yet.

Try harder.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

According to you the wall Trump promised is only at 95 out of 400 etc or something
    It will go faster now.

Trump administration officials will announce Friday that they have completed construction on 100 miles of new barriers along the southern border with Mexico.
    Acting Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security Chad Wolf will announce the completed construction in Yuma, Ariz., The Washington Post reported. He will be joined by senior border officials and Sen. Martha McSally (R-Ariz.).
    The announcement will come just days after a federal appeals court in New Orleans lifted an injunction from a lower court that had blocked the Trump administration from using military funds to help build the border wall.

The Wednesday decision will allow the White House to access $3.6 billion for the wall, a key campaign promise from the president’s 2016 election and a centerpiece of his 2020 campaign.

Trump celebrated the decision in a tweet, sharing “Breaking News: The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals just reversed a lower court decision & gave us the go ahead to build one of the largest sections of the desperately needed Southern Border Wall, Four Billion Dollars. Entire Wall is under construction or getting ready to start!"

More at: https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...iles-of-border

And it's far from the only promise he is keeping.

North Korea still hasnt given up their nuclear.

dont expect Iran to bend over to be a dog as a puppet "Normal Nation Crap"

America is still losing in afghanistan.
    Korea is stabilized and Trump is still working on it.
    People like how Trump is dealing with Iran.
    And Trump is getting us out of Afghanistan just in time for people to remember in November.

Try harder.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It will go faster now.

Enough of your nonsense ok?

Enough of your nonsense ok?

You've lost.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You've lost.
    Lost? are you serious? do you even read the posts that you post??

Lost? are you serious? do you even read the posts that you post??
    The fact that you can't see it (or have to pretend you can't) is all the funnier.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The fact that you can't see it (or have to pretend you can't) is all the funnier.
    No man your posts are just that not worth replying anymore. Your repeating like a robot. Whatever i am or someone is right or not you repeat the same crap.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/s...37736628019203

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Bernie being in the front in an Iowa poll is no real great shock or surprise.
    The internet organization he had in "16 did not wither away.... maybe it might
    have gotten slightly small, but...if one thinks "boots on the ground" works.

if nothing much changes over the next three weeks, Bernie has high odds of securing Iowa delegates.
    Last edited by Aratus; 01-13-2020 at 02:40 AM. Reason: in 2o12 Rick Santorum(remember that guy?) and Gentleman Mitt and DOCTOR RON PAUL did a three-way IOWA GOP split.