Thread: Nevada To Require Face Masks In Public To Fight COVID-19 Spread

Nevada To Require Face Masks In Public To Fight COVID-19 Spread

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2020/ju...sks-in-public/

By John Sadler (contact)

Published Wednesday, June 24, 2020 | 5:07 p.m.

Updated Wednesday, June 24, 2020 | 10:30 p.m.

People must wear face coverings in public places throughout Nevada as cases of the coronavirus continue to spike, Gov. Steve Sisolak announced tonight.

“We must make face coverings a routine part of our daily lives,” he said.

Sisolak said he doesn’t want to have to take steps backward in reopening the economy, which is why he is mandating wearing a mask. The directive goes into effective 11:59 p.m. Thursday.

“It’s on all of us Nevadans,” he said.

The number of infections statewide has spiked over the past week with 1,127 positive cases since Sunday and the largest one-day increase of new cases in four of the past eight days. Sisolak said the Nevada Hospital Association reports the state is “still in good shape” with intensive care unit beds and ventilators supply, but feels a few more days of record-setting coronavirus cases could put hospitals at risk.

According to #Masks4All, a mask advocacy website, 16 states — including California and Washington — require masks to be worn everywhere. On wearing a mask, he said, “It is a medical necessity, a human obligation and it is good for business.”

Bill Welch, president and CEO of the Nevada Hospital Association, said in a statement, “Wearing face coverings will help limit the spread of the disease and ensure that our state’s hospitals can meet the needs of those who need medical care.”

Sisolak said businesses have the right to ask patrons to leave if they aren’t wearing a mask. He said that enforcement of the mask directive would be handled by licensing agencies and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and that he “would hope it doesn’t get to the point where we have a police officer walking around with a ticket book.”

The governor also said he understands why some Nevadans have let their guard down, whether intentionally or unintentionally, after months of closures. He was pictured without a mask at dinner.

“I was photographed not wearing a mask. It was an error and not excusable,” he said.

He also said the state will remain in the second phase of its reopening, meaning limits on capacities at restaurants, church services, gyms and more will continue. But, if the face-covering mandate isn’t taken seriously and cases continue to spike, Sisolak said he could look at closing certain industries.

"My fellow Nevadans: I’m offering us all another opportunity to limit our risk for exposure and infection, and to keep our businesses open and our economy moving. For Nevada to stay safe and stay open, we must make face coverings a routine part of our daily life," Sisolak said.

The order comes with some exemptions: People with a medical condition that makes it difficult to breathe, those with a disability that prevents them from wearing a face covering, and children between ages 2 and 9. He also said law enforcement agencies will determine whether their employees wear masks during specific parts of their jobs, after safety issues were raised by some departments.

Multiple times Sisolak stressed the need to wear a mask should not be linked to any political affiliation or persuasion. He also criticized those who downplay the effectiveness of wearing a mask.

“This isn’t about partisanship, it’s not who you’re going to vote for president,” he said, forcefully. “It’s not about your rights. This is about protecting the health and well-being of everybody you come in contact with.”

The governor also said there are plans to implement travel quarantines to prevent visitors from entering the state like in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.

“Nevada is a state that is based on tourism,” he said. “We’re not going to get to that point because I’m confident that everyone is going to follow the directive and wear the masks and we wont run into the same situation that they have there.”

Tourism industry companies quickly issued statements in support of the mandate. The Strip on June 4 started to gradually reopen after nearly 80 days of coronavirus closures.

Wynn Resorts in a statement said, “It is a demonstration of his commitment, shared by all of us, to keep visitors to Las Vegas safe, as well as our employees and local community. Mandatory face coverings have had no impact on the ability of our employees to deliver great guest experiences. Similarly, we believe face coverings will not diminish the unique experiences only Las Vegas can offer visitors.”

Hours before Sisolak’s announcement, Caesars Entertainment said it would require indoor patrons at all properties to don a mask.

MGM Resorts International echoed the sentiments: “It is clear that the coronavirus still presents a significant public health threat, and masks have proven to be one of the best ways to curtail the spread. We want guests and employees to feel comfortable that we are putting their health and safety first.”

MGM will require all visitors to wear masks in public areas of its properties across the U.S.

Full article at link.

---

Apparently goes into effect this Friday, June 27th, 2020. Just in time for us to celebrate our Independence Day by being dependent on people in power to tell us how to live. Ten bucks says another wave of SHUTDOWNS is gonna take place too.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't understand why so many people are literally so retarded they cannot understand that testing more people is going to lead to more cases..

I wouldn't trust somebody that stupid to pump my gas, this guy is running a freaking state..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I don't understand why so many people are literally so retarded they cannot understand that testing more people is going to lead to more cases..

I wouldn't trust somebody that stupid to pump my gas, this guy is running a freaking state..
    Because you and others are not getting it. You keep debating back and forth, over and over again, burying the message:

Government Has NO Business In Healthcare - PERIOD.

It is not a debate, there is nothing to discuss, other than Trump/Administration/.Gov needs to be demanded by the people to keep their grubby finger out of patient/private doctor relationship. End of story!

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

This is so stupid. The lowest covid deaths are in jails because they are around other people all the time their immune systems are strong. Wearing a mask all the time around other people is just going to make people more sick. You deprive your body of oxygen and rebreathe c02

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    This is so stupid.
    Like requiring Condoms at the Baby Shower.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

The majority of people living there better disobey it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Yes it's 100% mental illness. Whenever in history were people mass tested for a cold? If we tested 300 million Americans for flu, they'd have 10x the cases also.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

The government is a good salesman. We had a surplus of extra masks in Nevada because of the expectation of a higher infection rate due to the shutdowns and social distancing slowing the spread so much.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The government is a good salesman. We had a surplus of extra masks in Nevada because of the expectation of a higher infection rate due to the shutdowns and social distancing slowing the spread so much.
    Best business to be in is government.

I wonder how long until the next SHUTDOWN?
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Biden Says He’d Use Federal Power To Mandate Americans Wear Mask In Public

https://flagandcross.com/biden-says-...ask-in-public/
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I don't think the shutdown did as much to slow the spread as some might imagine. It probably helped, but people still had to go to the grocery store and other crowded places from time to time.

When this thing first came out, they were talking about a 2% - 6% fatality rate. I calculated it would probably be around 0.1% - 0.3%, and Trump also said that it was probably closer to the fatality rate for the flu. The media really went after him for that, but it turned out we were both right. CDC calculates it at around 0.25%.

If it were actually in the 2% - 6% range for fatalities, and it was as contageous as it is, it would have been a huge disaster. Way more people in the hospital. Probably 1-2 million dead, like the prediction model forecasted.

But the problem was most places where this was happening, they were only able to test the people who had it bad. So mostly older people who had it really bad were getting tested, and they were having a high fatality rate. Younger people were barely getting a cold, and that wasn't taken into account.

Even if we hit herd immunity, I don't think we will have more than 200 - 250k dead, and I think we could have done a lot better, less than 100k deaths by using drugs like hydroxychloroquine in combination with zinc early on, and also giving opportunities to the elderly to quarantine themselves more effectively, not sending sick patients into nursing homes, etc, etc...

So the hoarding was justified based on the fear mongering that was coming out of the media, plus some would argue it is good to start out on the side of caution. But I don't think the infection rate was lower than they predicted.

I thought Democrats were supposed to be the party of science? So why can't they understand that forcing people to wear ineffective masks does more harm than good. If everyone wore p99 masks then sure that would help slow the spread, but 99% of people are wearing a piece of cloth that doesn't even seal around the mouth and nose, and even if it did still wouldn't block a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    I thought Democrats were supposed to be the party of science? So why can't they understand that forcing people to wear ineffective masks does more harm than good. If everyone wore p99 masks then sure that would help slow the spread, but 99% of people are wearing a piece of cloth that doesn't even seal around the mouth and nose, and even if it did still wouldn't block a virus.
    The only science that the Demoncrats are good at is the Science of Mind Control by using Group Think Psychology.
    1776 > 1984

From the NV gov website:

Face coverings should be worn at all times in the following circumstances:
    o Public spaces:
    o Inside of, or standing in line waiting to enter, any indoor public space.
    o While outside in a public space when 6 feet of social distancing from those not in your same household isn’t possible.

Exemptions include persons:

Who have a medical condition, whether it be mental health, disability, or other health reason that prevents them from wearing a face covering. This includes people with any medical condition for whom wearing a face covering can obstruct their breathing or who are unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove a face covering without assistance.

I’m a business owner, what does this mean for me? With this new directive, businesses are asked to establish a “no mask, no service” policy for your own employees’ and patrons’ safety.

https://nvhealthresponse.nv.gov/news...-declarations/
    Click second link, which is Guidance on Directive 024: Face Coverings (updated 6/25/2020)

So basically, it's possible to be 6' apart most of the time or it's hard to breathe.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

So basically, this can't be enforced. Just like the vaccine "mandate." My wife works for a health care company and they wanted her to have two vaccines. She declined both for health reasons, and they never said anything. None of them want to be connected with you keeling over.

Here's a list of states with links to the governor's statements and exceptions:

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...asks-in-public
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

liberty

The destruction of the US is completely planned and scripted.

Doesn't the fact that the 2000 page Patriot Act was written and passed immediately
    after 9/11 seem odd?

Doesn't the fact that all the governments in the world were immediately prepared for the
    virus with masks, thermometers, checkpoints, curfews, border closures, house arrests, and
    bailouts make you wonder?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Biden Says He’d Use Federal Power To Mandate Americans Wear Mask In Public

https://flagandcross.com/biden-says-...ask-in-public/
    So Biden wants people to continue wearing face masks even into the next year? You'd have to be pretty insane to support something like that.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge