Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Out of curiosity, I crunched some numbers, my health ins. cost has almost tripled

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    lol, you're not kidding! Needless to say this niece doesn't like to visit our lake house anymore.

The really sad part isn't that they take the money; it's that they feel it's theirs. They have absolutely no concept of someone else paying for them.

(Her dad, my brother-in-law, is on disability from the post office because he's morbidly obese with a heart condition. But don't worry, he's on the heart transplant list - y'know, because he'll take care of someone else's heart.)
    Is there a limit of how obese you can be before it is considered negligence? 1000 lbs?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Is there a limit of how obese you can be before it is considered negligence? 1000 lbs?
    Not sure... he's easily 400 lbs. He's like 52 years old and will never work again in his life. But he still expects to be given all the advantages of society without regard to his contribution. My wife doesn't like when we talk about their tax tic family. It never ends well.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol, you're not kidding! Needless to say this niece doesn't like to visit our lake house anymore.

The really sad part isn't that they take the money; it's that they feel it's theirs. They have absolutely no concept of someone else paying for them.

(Her dad, my brother-in-law, is on disability from the post office because he's morbidly obese with a heart condition. But don't worry, he's on the heart transplant list - y'know, because he'll take care of someone else's heart.)
    There's at least one in every family.

Got an idiot son in law that spends his days trying to wheedle yet another sick, lame and lazy check out of the VA, while my stepdaughter stands in traffic for 12 hours a day, flagging cars to make ends meet.

Affordable Care Act... just another in the long line of goobermint legislation that does the exact opposite of what it's named.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    At the same time the profits of Realtors exceeded ten times this amount.

That would be comparing apples to jelly beans. Not even in the same orbit. Real estate is a fixed asset that accrues value according to the market where a property is located. Medical care has gone into it's own orbit directly as a result of federal intervention. A doctor used to be able to contract his own services for whatever the patient could pay, and it wasn't always money. Doesn't happen any more.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I have a niece (on my wife's family's side <- [needed to point that out]) that has 3 kids. She and her husband have no permanent jobs. They do work part-time every now and then. They both are enrolled in nursing classes and get generous subsidies to enjoy the conveniences of modern life. Not only are they all covered for free, they were able to take a 10-day family trip to Hawaii last month thanks to the tax credits from Obamacare.

And you say it's not working.... pshaw.
    That's a great long game they got going there.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

The only way we won't have single payer within the next 10 years is if the dollar finally crashes.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I have a niece (on my wife's family's side <- [needed to point that out]) that has 3 kids. She and her husband have no permanent jobs. They do work part-time every now and then. They both are enrolled in nursing classes and get generous subsidies to enjoy the conveniences of modern life. Not only are they all covered for free, they were able to take a 10-day family trip to Hawaii last month thanks to the tax credits from Obamacare.

And you say it's not working.... pshaw.
    What type of sorcery do you speak of?

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Meanwhile, all you see on the major networks are all the adult infants making a huge ruckus at the Town Halls. Their precious Ocare was a giant illusion to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    The only way we won't have single payer within the next 10 years is if the dollar finally crashes.
    And if these $#@!s think health care is unresponsive and expensive now, wait until it's "free".

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Same here. Costs skyrocketed- care plummeted. Whoda thunk It?

Soon Obama will be out of office and we can get a conservative in there with some sense! ..... oh... wait.

Quote Originally Posted by olehounddog View Post
    My 1st daughter was born in 74. The total hospital bill was a little over $700.00 with no ins.
    That was before the machine that goes "ping".
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    That was before the machine that goes "ping".
    Year, I pretty sure each "ping" costs $20.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And if these $#@!s think health care is unresponsive and expensive now, wait until it's "free".
    VA care might actually become better than standard healthcare.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Looked back over ten years while reviewing some tax files.

In 2007 my combined employee and employer monthly payments for a family plan with a $2000 deductible - $532.

So far in 2017 for the same insurance, same plan, same number of covered people, with the same company, only now with a $6000 deductible - $1593.

ETA - There have been no major claims against the policy in all that time, in fact, I have yet to ever meet my deductible in a given year.

Thanks Uncle Sucker.
    Probably just coincidence that founding father of DGPcare was in office 2008-2016.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12