Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 63% of Non-Citizen Households Access Welfare Programs Compared to 35% of native households

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    35% of native households are on welfare?

Seems reasonable.
    If a kid gets a subsidized school lunch, the whole family is counted as on welfare. If Grannie lives with them and she is on Social Security, the whole family counts as on welfare.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    If a kid gets a subsidized school lunch, the whole family is counted as on welfare. If Grannie lives with them and she is on Social Security, the whole family counts as on welfare.
    And ... ?

Money is fungible - which means that in each of the cases you mention, the whole family IS "on welfare" (unless you want to claim that Junior is entirely self-supporting, or that household spending by Mom and/or Dad is completely unaffected in any way by Grannie's SS check).

EDIT: What's more, if both of the conditions you identify apply to the same family, then that family is "on welfare" [at least] twice - but for purposes of assessing the percentage of families "on welfare", it only gets counted once ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-14-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Bump
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

bump

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Can we find 300k SJW's willing to take them into their homes?
    Can we find even one though?
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    And when they have all spanish media that they watch they develop into a separate society, that is one of the main reasons so many of them vote Demoncrat and it's why voting shouldn't be allowed in any language but english.
    Naturalized citizens are supposed to be able to speak, read, and write English, at least at a low level. Elderly immigrants can get an exemption though.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Naturalized citizens are supposed to be able to speak, read, and write English, at least at a low level. Elderly immigrants can get an exemption though.
    Even if what is supposed to be required is actually required there is still the subjective question of how fluent they are, when they come in great numbers and lump up together they tend to remain reliant on their birth language and not develop very much fluency in English or use English media or study English material, they therefore remain a separate society and develop interests and beliefs that are in conflict with the natives.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Even if what is supposed to be required is actually required there is still the subjective question of how fluent they are, when they come in great numbers and lump up together they tend to remain reliant on their birth language and not develop very much fluency in English or use English media or study English material, they therefore remain a separate society and develop interests and beliefs that are in conflict with the natives.
    For what it's worth, I work in immigration law. A majority of our clients can speak English well enough, but keep in mind that most of these are people who are eligible to apply for an immigration benefit to begin with. I'd imagine that the majority of non-English speakers are comprised of illegal immigrants, or people otherwise not eligible for permanent residence/naturalization.
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    For what it's worth, I work in immigration law. A majority of our clients can speak English well enough, but keep in mind that most of these are people who are eligible to apply for an immigration benefit to begin with. I'd imagine that the majority of non-English speakers are comprised of illegal immigrants, or people otherwise not eligible for permanent residence/naturalization.
    I'm sure you are right and the problem is MUCH worse with the illegals, those who go through the legal immigration process are much more likely to want to join our society or they wouldn't go to the effort of following our rules.

However there will always be a problem if too many legal immigrants are allowed and they are able to lump up in ethnic enclaves.

Ballots and voting guides etc. should only be in English.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm sure you are right and the problem is MUCH worse with the illegals, those who go through the legal immigration process are much more likely to want to join our society or they wouldn't go to the effort of following our rules.

However there will always be a problem if too many legal immigrants are allowed and they are able to lump up in ethnic enclaves.

We can't have any ethnic enclaves. All you white folks- get about the country and start mingling with everybody else. Invite a few more immigrants and minorities to your own neighborhood too to mix things up.

We can't have any ethnic enclaves. All you white folks- get about the country and start mingling with everybody else. Invite a few more immigrants and minorities to your own neighborhood too to mix things up.
    Once people are here they can do whatever they want, that is why we must limit how many are allowed to come here in order to preserve our political culture.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Once people are here they can do whatever they want, that is why we must limit how many are allowed to come here in order to preserve our political culture.
    Just move into an enclave if you are not already in one.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just move into an enclave if you are not already in one.
    That doesn't solve the problem, the immigrants use government to apply their anti-liberty beliefs to me whether I live in a native "enclave" or not.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That doesn't solve the problem, the immigrants use government to apply their anti-liberty beliefs to me whether I live in a native "enclave" or not.
    Guess you will have to move and start your own country.

Looks like he's not counting Social Security. I bet the statistics flip the other way if you do.

Guess you will have to move and start your own country.
    LOL

I think I will stay here and fight for MY country, your invader friends and the excess legal immigrants can go back where they came from.
    The best I will give them is to divide the country so that the insane liberals who want them can have them and I won't have to deal with them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL

I think I will stay here and fight for MY country, your invader friends and the excess legal immigrants can go back where they came from.
    The best I will give them is to divide the country so that the insane liberals who want them can have them and I won't have to deal with them.
    You got a receipt for that country? If you want to fight, are you at the borders now? Guns at the ready?

You got a receipt for that country?
    I was born here as were my ancestors for many generations and I can prove it.

You are jumping the shark, you are actually telling me I have to leave and allow the invaders to take this country away from me but you know that sounds insane and immoral so you imply that I am allowed to make my own country even though you would then require me to surrender that country to any invaders that came.

You are a traitor and a thief.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I was born here as were my ancestors for many generations and I can prove it.

You are jumping the shark, you are actually telling me I have to leave and allow the invaders to take this country away from me but you know that sounds insane and immoral so you imply that I am allowed to make my own country even though you would then require me to surrender that country to any invaders that came.

Meh, the country was stolen before your ancestors got here. Ask the Native Americans about that.

Meh, the country was stolen before your ancestors got here. Ask the Native Americans about that.
    Every country was stolen from someone at some time, that is not an excuse to collaborate with any new thefts.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A cautionary tale.
    -Stannis Baratheon

I agree that legal immigration needs to be reduced as well. It doesn't help us to import people who statistically tend to be against our notions of liberty.
    -Stannis Baratheon

President Donald Trump, in an exclusive Oval Office interview with Breitbart News on Monday afternoon, said he does not want immigrants coming to the United States to be dependent on welfare programs.

“I don’t want to have anyone coming in that’s on welfare,” Trump told Breitbart News in the more-than-40-minute interview in the Oval Office on Monday afternoon. “We have a problem, because we have politicians that are not strong, or they have bad intentions, or they want to get votes, because they think if they come in they’re going to vote Democrat, you know, for the most part.”
    Trump’s answer came in response to Breitbart News editor-in-chief Alexander Marlow citing a statistic from a report the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) published in December that over 60 percent of non-citizen families entering the United States end up on welfare. The report found that 63 percent of non-citizen households end up on welfare, whereas just 35 percent of native-born American households end up on welfare—a major disparity.

The report also shows that in non-citizen households with children, welfare usage skyrockets to 79.6 percent.
    Trump added that while it is his belief that some industries need more workers brought in in various capacities, the Democrats and the left are pushing to bring anyone and everyone into the country regardless of the consequences.
    “They’ll take anybody into this country and we’re not allowing it, but because of the success of the country economically, some people say—I blame myself, but that’s a good blame not a bad blame—but because of the country’s success and you need workers here,” Trump said. “You do need workers. You have homes in Houston, and they can’t get people to build the homes—and lots of other places. But because of what’s happened, and because of the people coming up, they want them to come in and they don’t care how they come in.”
    From there, Trump added that he does not want people coming into the United States who are going to be dependent on welfare programs.
    “I don’t want people that need welfare,” Trump said. “We owe a lot of money. We’re taking care of everybody in the world’s military. But now as you know I got over $100 billion from NATO countries. But that’s not enough, that’s not enough, we’re paying for massive portions of NATO. We shouldn’t be paying for this. They should be paying their own way, and we can help them, but we shouldn’t be paying for—and by the way, here’s a beauty. We pay for their military defense and then they take advantage of us on trade in addition. It used to be in order to have the trade we take care of them—but they get us both ways.”
    He completed his thought in this portion of the interview by adding that it’s “no good” that the Democrats want to bring in people from other parts of the world who are dependent on welfare for decades.
    “But I don’t like the idea of people coming in and going on welfare for 50 years, and that’s what they want to be able to do—and it’s no good,” Trump said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ts-on-welfare/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If a kid gets a subsidized school lunch, the whole family is counted as on welfare....
    Wut?

Indians weren't the first humans here, ask them about the Indians.

We are all just as indigenous as the Indians , because they got here before the us doesn't mean
    they are 'more indigenous' .

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Wut?
    "Immigrant households using at least one welfare program". A subsidized lunch at school qualifies as using a welfare program- the entire household is counted as being on welfare. If Grannie is on Social Security, the whole household is counted as receiving at least one welfare program.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Indians weren't the first humans here, ask them about the Indians.

We are all just as indigenous as the Indians , because they got here before the us doesn't mean
    they are 'more indigenous' .
    Ask the Indians about the Indians?

"Immigrant households using at least one welfare program". A subsidized lunch at school qualifies as using a welfare program- the entire household is counted as being on welfare. If Grannie is on Social Security, the whole household is counted as receiving at least one welfare program.
    So?
    The entire household's budget is subsidized.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast