Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Rittenhouse trial & updates [Verdict: NOT GUILTY]

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    One of the lawyers on the Rekieta law stream theorized that he was trying to trap the defense attorney into objecting and calling him out when he pointed the gun, with the intention of turning it into a controversy where he could make the point to the jury that pointing a gun at somebody makes them fear for their life... and that the defense attorney smartly did not fall for the trap.
    I agree it was a trap. And many people online are falling for the "omg he pointed a gun, punish him!" When that's exactly what Binger wants to do to Kyle, saying simply pointing a gun forfeits all self defense claim. Binger is a lying sleazeball, but he is pretty smart, we give him $#@! but it's mostly due to the disastrous losing case he is being forced litigate.
    Last edited by spudea; 11-16-2021 at 06:46 PM.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Riot? Whose businesses, whose dumpsters should the right burn? Whose neighborhoods should the right burn?
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Who would be the target? "We" believe in personal property rights and wouldn't consider randomly burning businesses to the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    What is the purpose of rioting?

Just to let off some steam?

If you're going to resort to violence, at least have a goal and a clear sense of how the violence you're committing advances towards that goal.
    Rioting serves no purpose to the honest, constructive and conservatives. They don’t want destruction.

To the left it serves two purposes. For the rioters, it serves as venting and free stuff. For the left establishment, it provides “proof” that they need more votes and more power to stop it from happening again. Obviously they are lying. They want more rioting and destruction so that they can get more power. The race baiters and SJC warriors also believe they get more power via the riots. Then there are those who just want destruction because they have been brainwashed by power seeking charlatans. They are useful idiots.

Protests, on the other hand, are a viable political exercise, as long as those protesting are smart enough to identify and shun agent provocateurs.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

A 'proper' response to any verdict besides acquittal is 2 to 1 AR's at every "peaceful protest" regardless of the DA's opinions or LEO's barked instructions.

Come to think of it that's the proper response to all forms of tyranny and antisocial behavior.

Kops and kourts only serve to punish AFTER something happens............Sometimes.

A well regulated militia could/should and would serve to keep the kops-n-kourts from having to get involved.

The system that permitted riots is permitting this trial, this system doesn't represent me!

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Or worse, Canadians.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Rioting serves no purpose to the honest, constructive and conservatives. They don’t want destruction.

To the left it serves two purposes. For the rioters, it serves as venting and free stuff. For the left establishment, it provides “proof” that they need more votes and more power to stop it from happening again. Obviously they are lying. They want more rioting and destruction so that they can get more power. The race baiters and SJC warriors also believe they get more power via the riots. Then there are those who just want destruction because they have been brainwashed by power seeking charlatans. They are useful idiots.

Protests, on the other hand, are a viable political exercise, as long as those protesting are smart enough to identify and shun agent provocateurs.
    Also, the Marxist protestors hate the private business and property owners (as well as private gun owners) more than they hate the cops and politicians.
    Last edited by RJB; 11-16-2021 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    A 'proper' response to any verdict besides acquittal is 2 to 1 AR's at every "peaceful protest" regardless of the DA's opinions or LEO's barked instructions.

Come to think of it that's the proper response to all forms of tyranny and antisocial behavior.

Kops and kourts only serve to punish AFTER something happens............Sometimes.

A well regulated militia could/should and would serve to keep the kops-n-kourts from having to get involved.

The system that permitted riots is permitting this trial, this system doesn't represent me!
    Bingo! Winner, winner, chicken dinner. With gravy on the side.

That is exactly the "protest" that is called for. Lines of armed individuals guarding personal property. In overwhelming numbers. Using everything considered "non-lethal" when $#@! gets out of hand and backing it with the threat of lethal force if it continues.
    Already BLM/Antifa are outside the Kenosha courthouse threatening riots if Rittenhouse isn't convicted. If the police aren't going to quell this $#@! then it falls upon citizens like Kyle to take matters into their own hands.

That is exactly the "protest" that is called for. Lines of armed individuals guarding personal property. In overwhelming numbers. Using everything considered "non-lethal" when $#@! gets out of hand and backing it with the threat of lethal force if it continues.
    Already BLM/Antifa are outside the Kenosha courthouse threatening riots if Rittenhouse isn't convicted. If the police aren't going to quell this $#@! then it falls upon citizens like Kyle to take matters into their own hands.
    Let them burn down their own neighborhoods and cities. $#@! it, who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    You should. BLM/Antifa are not organic to a local community. There are agitators that travel to locations to incite. Not a single business owner in Kenosha wanted their property destroyed. And a community should come together to protect their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Actually, it was 14 year olds who were part of the local militias.

Doesn't represent me in the slightest.
    "The Patriarch"

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tod evans again.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post

"As much as 'sunshine soldiers' or 'summer patriots', beware an ally -- more common than you know -- whose fear of the uncertainties of success moves him to surrender at the very moment of victory." - L. Neil Smith

"It is moral weakness, rather than villainy, that accounts for most of the evil in the universe -- and feeble-hearted allies, far rather than your most powerful enemies, who are likeliest to do you an injury you cannot recover from." -L. Neil Smith
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to phill4paul again."
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

+rep
    Chris

Hey, what was the deal with the prosecutors claiming that "Kyle pointed the gun at the man in the yellow pants?" The defense attorneys looked pissed at him and the judge acted like Binger was making stuff up. I have been looking for an explanation but it just goes back to the judge admonishing the prostitutor.

I just thought this needed to be emphasized ... over and over again.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Hey, what was the deal with the prosecutors claiming that "Kyle pointed the gun at the man in the yellow pants?" The defense attorneys looked pissed at him and the judge acted like Binger was making stuff up. I have been looking for an explanation but it just goes back to the judge admonishing the prostitutor.
    Bull$#@! as far as I can tell. I don't remember specific testimony to this affect, although I've seen a lot I haven't seen it all. I think it comes down to the prosecutions use of an "enhanced photo" that showed Kyle pointing the gun at someone with the weapon left sided rather than the right. The defense claims it was a car mirror as Kyle is right handed.

Another day of deliberation.

Should have been a 15 minute deliberation. One minute to make the decision and 14 minutes to have coffee and donuts before returning to the court room.

This is probably not good.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Should have been a 15 minute deliberation. One minute to make the decision and 14 minutes to have coffee and donuts before returning to the court room.

When is the last time you know of 7 women agreeing on anything?

Prediction?

Convicted on "lesser" charges, Murder two or manslaughter.

Ten years in prison.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/kyl...-21/index.html
    Rittenhouse jury concludes deliberations for the day, will resume Wednesday
    The jurors in the trial of Kyle Rittenhouse have concluded deliberating for the day.

The 12 juror panel is expected to resume deliberating at 10 a.m. ET Wednesday morning.

Kenosha County Circuit Judge Bruce Schroeder said the jurors asked to break for the evening.

Jurors in the case will not be sequestered, Schroeder said.

“Now you’re in deliberation and the rules are the same as they were before with the additional provision that you can’t talk with anybody about the case. Even if all twelve of you, by happenstance end up at the same place. Some bowling alley, or restaurant or something. You’re not allowed to talk about the case, even with all twelve,” Schroeder told the panel before dismissing them for the evening.
    Deliberations started at 10:15 a.m. ET on Tuesday. Schroeder dismissed the jurors for the evening at 6:50 p.m. ET. The court did not specify how long the jurors took for their lunch break.
    I wonder how many wanted to go home and watch CNN or MSNBC before making their decision.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

When is the last time you know of 7 women agreeing on anything?
    Right. Contrary broads who shouldn't be trusted with life-or-death decisions, let alone shopping lists. Been married twice and wouldn't do it again for a million bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Prediction?

Convicted on "lesser" charges, Murder two or manslaughter.

Ten years in prison.
    If that's the case, we're dealing with 12 cowards. Anything short of acquittal in this case is a matter of jury intimidation.

Hopefully Schoeder declares a mistrial if that is the case - he should, and he should denounce Binder for prosecutorial malpractice.

If anything, this case should have exposed to the people just exactly what scumbags and liars prosecutors are. They're not to be trusted.

That's an old canard. There's nothing wrong with a deliberation longer than 15 minutes.

If that's the case, we're dealing with 12 cowards. Anything short of acquittal in this case is a matter of jury intimidation.

Hopefully Schoeder declares a mistrial if that is the case - he should, and he should denounce Binder for prosecutorial malpractice.

If anything, this case should have exposed to the people just exactly what scumbags and liars prosecutors are. They're not to be trusted.
    If convicted it will send a message to the nation that the rule of law is a joke and the country is too partisan brainwashed to have juries. That is not a good message to send.

Only one case and one person, but it would be one of many decisions being made by government effectively telling the people America is done. A message that if you defend yourself be prepared to either evade the law, fight back with armed resistance against the police or go to jail. Not good.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

That's an old canard. There's nothing wrong with a deliberation longer than 15 minutes.
    Hope you're right.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    or they didn't want to release a verdict at night, to disperse the likely rioters that were already gathering. Much better to release the verdict early in the day.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Right. Contrary broads who shouldn't be trusted with life-or-death decisions, let alone shopping lists. Been married twice and wouldn't do it again for a million bucks.
    No third strike for me either.

Sorry I missed your call the other day.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast