Thread: Israel Says It Will Step Up Attacks Against Syria

Israel Says It Will Step Up Attacks Against Syria

Jason Ditz Posted on October 22, 2017

Claiming more stray artillery fire landing inside the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights, Israeli officials are promising to “step up” their strikes against Syrian military targets in response, including attacks over the weekend in southern Syria.

Throughout the Syrian War, Israel has repeatedly attacked Syrian military targets. Syria has insisted that cross-border stray shells weren’t fired by them ion the first place, accusing Israel of “framing” them to justify the attacks.

Israel doesn’t appear to really deny that, saying they don’t bother to try to figure out who fired anything that crosses into their occupied territory, and that they consider the Syrian military responsible for everything. This works quite well, as Israeli politicians have been very public about preferring a rebel victory, even an ISIS victory, in Syria.

Syria’s Foreign Ministry has urged the UN to rebuke Israel over the attacks, saying they are violations of the UN Charter. They have further warned continued Israeli attacks would have “grave consequences.”

http://news.antiwar.com/2017/10/22/i...against-syria/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights
    I thought Israel won the Golan Heights in the six day war.

It's complicated, like every war we have been in since WW11. Conflict is the health of the state.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    There are some people in the world and on this site even who refuse to give Israel claim to one square foot of ground no matter how they got it or who attacked whom.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    There are some people in the world and on this site even who refuse to give Israel claim to one square foot of ground no matter how they got it or who attacked whom.
    I have no problem with Israel existing at all. I just don't see the need for the US government to subsidize their existence. Welfare is welfare.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I have no problem with Israel existing at all. I just don't see the need for the US government to subsidize their existence. Welfare is welfare.
    I have said before and will again: We need to pull out of the Middle East, GOD will protect Israel IF he thinks they deserve it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I have said before and will again: We need to pull out of the Middle East, GOD will protect Israel IF he thinks they deserve it.
    A big amen to that.
    "The Patriarch"

Well someone's got to fill the vacuum now that "founding fathering" of ISIS is coming near an end.

Related

Netanyahu advised US against attacking ISIS, wants violence between ISIS-Iran

Israel ‘Concerned’ over US War On ISIS

ISIS and Israel to attack Hezbullah in Lebanon

Israeli nurse treating a Syrian patient in Nahariya, September 2013. Photo: Reuters

Israel Rescues Al-Qaeda Terrorists From Syria

Fighters being treated in field hospitals and sent back to front lines

Paul Joseph Watson
    May 9, 2013
    Israel is sending military vehicles into Syria to pick up wounded Al-Qaeda terrorists involved in the fight against the Syrian Army before patching them up and sending them back into battle, another startling example of how the Zionist state is working with its supposedly sworn enemies to topple President Bashar Al-Assad.
    That’s a not a claim being made by Iranian or Syrian state media, it’s calmly admitted in a report by the staunchly pro-Israel DebkaFile.
    “Israel has set up a large field hospital near the Tel Hazakah observation and military post on Golan which overlooks southern Syria and northern Jordan. There, incoming Syrian war wounded are vetted and examined by Israeli army medics who decide whether to patch them up and send them back, or judge them badly hurt enough for hospital care. The seriously hurt are moved to one of the the nearest Israeli hospitals in Safed or Haifa,” states the report.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Israel still providing air support for ISIS, Al Qaeda and terrorists factions. Any time the terrorist brigade needs air support, signal it by firing a rocket toward Israel, and Israel air force to the rescue, bombing Syrian military.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Israel "Steps Up" Attacks:

Claiming more stray artillery fire landing inside the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights, Israeli officials are promising to “step up” their strikes against Syrian military targets, ...

Israel has repeatedly attacked Syrian military targets. Syria has insisted that cross-border stray shells weren’t fired by them ion the first place, accusing Israel of “framing” them to justify the attacks.

Israel doesn’t appear to really deny that, saying they don’t bother to try to figure out who fired anything that crosses into their occupied territory ... This works quite well, as Israeli politicians have been very public about preferring a rebel victory, even an ISIS victory, in Syria. ...

Last edited by AZJoe; 10-24-2017 at 08:11 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Imagine a mass wave of muslim immigrants came to a western country and declared a shariah law muslim state within the country with the backing of the UN. That's basically what israel is

More on topic: The only place in Syria under ISIS control that doesn't surround the euphrates is right next to the Golan heights. Israel is without a doubt explicitly supporting ISIS with every attack they make against the Syrian government. If Israel was actually against "terrorism and islamic extremism" this pocket of ISIS control wouldn't exist

I can only speak for myself and Natural Citizen, but God or no God, their orthodox minority can't reproduce faster than Palestinians, and that same minority of Jews are all some shade of anti-Zionism... They'll have to become majority Islamic one way or another, and maybe in my lifetime. Surely things would be looking up for the Israeli people, if their belligerent government had allowed Palestinians representation and their right of return. (Even Zehut, the Israeli Libertarian Party, appear to have a pretty reactionary policy toward natives.)

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    Imagine a mass wave of muslim immigrants came to a western country and declared a shariah law muslim state within the country with the backing of the UN. That's basically what israel is
    It is more complex than that, during WWI Jewish bankers in England financed the Arab revolt with the understanding that the Jews would be given their own country, the British and the Arabs conspired to deny it to them until after WWII, when they did create Israel the Arabs tried to destroy them and when that failed they threw most of the Jews out of their counties to saddle the new state with refugees, when Israel retaliated by throwing out many Arabs to provide land for the refugees they refused to assimilate them to create a permanent problem for Israel.

It is VERY complex and nobody's hands are clean, therefore we should pull out and let GOD deal with it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    I can only speak for myself and Natural Citizen...
    Don't speak for me. And keep my name out of your mouth if you cannot do so responsibly, please.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 10-24-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    I can only speak for myself and Natural Citizen, but God or no God, their orthodox minority can't reproduce faster than Palestinians, and that same minority of Jews are all some shade of anti-Zionism... They'll have to become majority Islamic one way or another, and maybe in my lifetime. Surely things would be looking up for the Israeli people, if their belligerent government had allowed Palestinians representation and their right of return. (Even Zehut, the Israeli Libertarian Party, appear to have a pretty reactionary policy toward natives.)
    That is their problem, they might be able to import more Jews from the rest of the world and/or have a religious and cultural revival, whatever happens is none of our business and we have troubles of our own to deal with.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    That is their problem, they might be able to import more Jews from the rest of the world and/or have a religious and cultural revival, whatever happens is none of our business and we have troubles of our own to deal with.
    That's the truth, though I kinda feel bad for all those oblivious, laymen NatSocs who just voted for the free healthcare.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Israel Says It Will Step Up Attacks Against Syria
    Very revealing that Israel regularly bombs Syrian government, but never bombs Al Qaeda or ISIS.

Syria calls on UN to halt Israeli attacks on its territory

http://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Report-Syria-calls-on-UN-to-halt-Israeli-attacks-on-its-territory-513184

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

America’s Election Meddling Would Indeed Justify Other Countries Retaliating In Kind

There is still no clear proof that the Russian government interfered with the 2016 U.S. election in any meaningful way. Which is weird, because Russia and every other country on earth would be perfectly justified in doing so.

Former CIA Director James Woolsey admitting on national television that the United States routinely meddles in other countries’ elections. …

Mueller’s indictment of 13 Russian social media trolls was paraded around as proof of something hugely significant (an “act of war” in this case), but on closer examination turns out to be empty. …

there is in fact no evidence that the troll farming operation was an attempt to manipulate the U.S. election, nor indeed that it had any ties to the Russian government at all, nor indeed that it was anything other than a crafty Russian civilian’s money making scheme.

The notion that a few Russian trolls committed a “conspiracy to defraud the United States” by “sowing discord” with a bunch of wildly contradictory posts endorsing all sorts of different ideologies sounds completely ridiculous in a country whose mainstream media spends all its time actively creating political division … as a civilian operation to attract social media followers to sock puppet accounts with the goal of selling promoted posts for profit, it makes perfect sense. …

public dialogue is ignoring the fact that these trolls overwhelmingly used mainstream media like the Washington Post in their shares instead of outlets like RT and Infowars. …

There is currently no evidence that the Russian government interfered in the U.S. election. … if they did they had every right to. …

“Okay, so America isn’t perfect and we’ve meddled a few times,” the argument goes. “So what? You’re saying just because we’ve done it that makes it okay for Russia to do it?” Actually, yes. Of course it does. …

Every country on earth is absolutely entitled to interfere in America’s elections. America is responsible for the overwhelming majority of election interferences around the world in modern times, including an interference in Russia’s elections in the nineties that was so brazen they made a Hollywood movie about it, … the United States has declared that this acceptable. …

A guy in a cowboy hat [Washington] runs into a bar and starts punching people. Most of them just rub their sore jaws and hunch over their drinks hoping to avoid any trouble, but one guy in a fur cap sets down his vodka and shoves the man in the cowboy hat. The man in the cowboy [Washington] hat begins shrieking like a little girl. All his friends rush to his side to comfort him and begin angrily shaking their fists at the man in the fur cap. “Hey, he punched me!” says the man in the fur cap. “That’s a whataboutism!” sobs the man in the cowboy hat. Can you imagine anything more ridiculous? Seriously, how do people think this is a thing? …

by asserting that it is acceptable for the CIA to meddle in other countries’ elections, the US has created an environment where that sort of thing is acceptable. …

If Americans don’t like election meddling, they need to demand that their government stops doing it. As long as it remains the very worst offender in that department, the U.S. is entitled to nothing other than the entire world meddling in its elections. …

Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Land is not a prize. Under international law, conquered territories must be returned. Israel's occupation and annexation of the Golan Heights, as well as the West Bank is not recognized under international law. The only reason Israel is not subject to international sanctions is because the US is Israeli occupied territory as well. ZOG. Every time an Israeli warplane is shot down, an angel get's it's wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Canard View Post
    Land is not a prize. Under international law, conquered territories must be returned. Israel's occupation and annexation of the Golan Heights, as well as the West Bank is not recognized under international law. The only reason Israel is not subject to international sanctions is because the US is Israeli occupied territory as well. ZOG. Every time an Israeli warplane is shot down, an angel get's it's wings.
    This^^^

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    America’s Election Meddling Would Indeed Justify Other Countries Retaliating In Kind

There is still no clear proof that the Russian government interfered with the 2016 U.S. election in any meaningful way. Which is weird, because Russia and every other country on earth would be perfectly justified in doing so.

Former CIA Director James Woolsey admitting on national television that the United States routinely meddles in other countries’ elections. …

Mueller’s indictment of 13 Russian social media trolls was paraded around as proof of something hugely significant (an “act of war” in this case), but on closer examination turns out to be empty. …

there is in fact no evidence that the troll farming operation was an attempt to manipulate the U.S. election, nor indeed that it had any ties to the Russian government at all, nor indeed that it was anything other than a crafty Russian civilian’s money making scheme.

The notion that a few Russian trolls committed a “conspiracy to defraud the United States” by “sowing discord” with a bunch of wildly contradictory posts endorsing all sorts of different ideologies sounds completely ridiculous in a country whose mainstream media spends all its time actively creating political division … as a civilian operation to attract social media followers to sock puppet accounts with the goal of selling promoted posts for profit, it makes perfect sense. …

public dialogue is ignoring the fact that these trolls overwhelmingly used mainstream media like the Washington Post in their shares instead of outlets like RT and Infowars. …

There is currently no evidence that the Russian government interfered in the U.S. election. … if they did they had every right to. …

“Okay, so America isn’t perfect and we’ve meddled a few times,” the argument goes. “So what? You’re saying just because we’ve done it that makes it okay for Russia to do it?” Actually, yes. Of course it does. …

Every country on earth is absolutely entitled to interfere in America’s elections. America is responsible for the overwhelming majority of election interferences around the world in modern times, including an interference in Russia’s elections in the nineties that was so brazen they made a Hollywood movie about it, … the United States has declared that this acceptable. …

A guy in a cowboy hat [Washington] runs into a bar and starts punching people. Most of them just rub their sore jaws and hunch over their drinks hoping to avoid any trouble, but one guy in a fur cap sets down his vodka and shoves the man in the cowboy hat. The man in the cowboy [Washington] hat begins shrieking like a little girl. All his friends rush to his side to comfort him and begin angrily shaking their fists at the man in the fur cap. “Hey, he punched me!” says the man in the fur cap. “That’s a whataboutism!” sobs the man in the cowboy hat. Can you imagine anything more ridiculous? Seriously, how do people think this is a thing? …

by asserting that it is acceptable for the CIA to meddle in other countries’ elections, the US has created an environment where that sort of thing is acceptable. …

If Americans don’t like election meddling, they need to demand that their government stops doing it. As long as it remains the very worst offender in that department, the U.S. is entitled to nothing other than the entire world meddling in its elections. …

Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it.

We meddle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeHrjguBe6s
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Will this have any impact on Israel's "stepping up of attacks against Syria"?

Kushner requests more intel info than almost all White House staff: report

By Brandon Carter - 02/17/18

President Trump's son-in-law and senior White House adviser Jared Kushner has reportedly requested more intelligence information than almost every other White House official.
    The Washington Post reports that Kushner, whose portfolio encompasses issues ranging from the Middle East peace process to modernizing the federal government’s use of technology, has put in more requests for U.S. intelligence information than any White House staffer not working for the National Security Council.
    Kushner holds a Top Secret/sensitive compartmented information (SCI) security clearance, the highest level, which allows him to review some of the nation’s most closely-guarded secrets and allows him access to the presidential daily briefing, according to the Post.
    He is one of reportedly dozens of White House officials who have been operating with temporary clearances during Trump’s first year in office, and his clearance could be in jeopardy following chief of staff John Kelly’s changes to the clearance process, the Post said.
    In a memo released Friday, Kelly outlined a series of changes to the clearance process amid the controversy surrounding former staff secretary Rob Porter, who resigned over domestic abuse allegations.
    “The American people deserve a White House staff that meets the highest standards and that has been carefully vetted—especially those who work closely with the president or handle sensitive national security information,” Kelly wrote in the memo. “We should — and in the future must — do better.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...te-house-staff

This White House Security Clearance Change May Spell Bad News For Ivanka Trump & Jared Kushner

By Sarah Friedmann
    On Friday, President Donald Trump's chief of staff, John Kelly, announced that the White House security clearance process will be changing. According to Vox, one of Kelly's changes includes revoking interim Top Secret or SCI-level (Sensitive Compartmented Information) clearances for employees whose background investigations have been pending since before June 2017. This change could potentially have big implications for Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, and daughter, Ivanka Trump, who both reportedly currently hold interim Top Secret and SCI clearances.

Cartoon about President's son in law seems to have crossed the line

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.