Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Massachusetts Paul delegates voted for McCain??

Massachusetts Paul delegates voted for McCain??

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nat...17016&srvc=rss

Quote Originally Posted by article
    In a last-minute show of unity, Bay State Ron Paul supporters decided to throw their votes behind Sen. John McCain last night.

About a dozen Massachusetts supporters of the Texas Congressman and GOP upstart decided to back McCain only an hour before the delegates began to cast votes for the presidential pick.

“We decided the best course of action was to give a little to get a lot,” said Chris Blanc, a Cambridge resident who supports Paul. “The Massachusetts GOP really wanted to show unanimous support.”

Paul, shunned by the Republican convention because he wouldn’t endorse McCain, has been holding daily “counter rallies” in Minnesota where devoted supporters hiss when McCain’s name is uttered.

Rep. Paul Loscocco (R-Holliston) worked with Paul sympathizers to join the delegation so all 43 delegate votes would go to McCain.

“He really worked well behind the scenes to come to this agreement,” said McCain delegate Jack Roy.

McCain will make his acceptance speech tonight surrounded by those supportive delegates on a newly constructed stage. He plans to focus on how he plans to lead the country and highlight the differences between he and Democratic opponent Barack Obama, said Mark Salter, a McCain campaign official who helped write the speech.

McCain’s wife Cindy will also be speaking, as will Secretary of Homeland Security head Tom Ridge.

Delegates will also vote to nominate Alaskan Gov. Sarah Palin as the party’s GOP vice presidential pick.
    Can anybody verify this? Seems unlikely and pretty surprising to me.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What? By the way he says it, it's as if they're going to get something in return. What, an insignia of damnation?

Quote Originally Posted by Zera View Post
    What? By the way he says it, it's as if they're going to get something in return. What, an insignia of damnation?
    If they made a deal with the devil, then they screwed up. I don't care WHAT they think they got in return. RON PAUL would NEVER support that neocon bastard and his supporters who did should be ashamed of themselves. I expected fireworks from the Ron Paul delegates and we got back room deals? I'm disgusted.
    Our rights are not derived from man but exist because we are men.

Look I'm as pissed as anyone about this but if they have arrangements or deals for something they've worked out, if they feel they've made progress in the party, that's fine. That's politics. We can't control what goes on in Massachusetts and at least in this case they treated the delegates like adults.

I just wish they let know what was going on. I wish everyone did.

give a little to get a lot?

what does that even mean.

unless getting McCain is a a lot ......

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Paul View Post
    Look I'm as pissed as anyone about this but if they have arrangements or deals for something they've worked out, if they feel they've made progress in the party, that's fine. That's politics. We can't control what goes on in Massachusetts and at least in this case they treated the delegates like adults.

I just wish they let know what was going on. I wish everyone did.
    We CANNOT defeat the GOP by playing THEIR GAME. We need to get big enough to make them play OUR GAME.

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    this makes what chris dyer told me about being let down by people they thought were on their side make a lot more sense

Quote Originally Posted by roxic27 View Post
    this makes what chris dyer told me about being let down by people they thought were on their side make a lot more sense
    Yep - but who's Chris dyer?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it would be best to wait,and see what the people representing the Mass.delegation have to say.
    Either way,they are the ones who worked for their positions,and therefore the right to make any deals they saw fit.

I thought our goal was to influence policy,and change from within.We cannot do that if we are constantly thumbing our nose at the power structure,and then raging that we have no voice.
    As much as i hate to point out the obvious;In this day,and age,sometimes you have to play the game.
    We have a much better chance for success if we can manage to infiltrate,and change hearts,and minds through example.
    " Be sure to get your very own Orgoonian™ Action Figure while supplies last."
    Ex Gladio Libertas
    Bend meetup video
    YouTube - Ron Paul rally in Bend, Oregon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCVo1...eature=related

All your delegates are belong to us!

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoonian View Post
    I think it would be best to wait,and see what the people representing the Mass.delegation have to say.
    Either way,they are the ones who worked for their positions,and therefore the right to make any deals they saw fit.

I thought our goal was to influence policy,and change from within.We cannot do that if we are constantly thumbing our nose at the power structure,and then raging that we have no voice.
    As much as i hate to point out the obvious;In this day,and age,sometimes you have to play the game.
    We have a much better chance for success if we can manage to infiltrate,and change hearts,and minds through example.
    The ONLY deal that would have been acceptable would have been a speech by Dr. Paul at the RNC. At least THEN we would have heard the word CONSTITUTION!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sematary View Post
    The ONLY deal that would have been acceptable would have been a speech by Dr. Paul at the RNC. At least THEN we would have heard the word CONSTITUTION!!
    I hear ya,i really do,and i wish that was the way it played out.
    All i'm saying is that we have a long tough road ahead.We are armed with our ideals,and principals,and we know we are right.Heck,i bet we have a lot more sympathy in the G.O.P than we realize,but we will never get those people on our side if we continue to antagonize them.
    Ex Gladio Libertas
    Bend meetup video

Making Deals

Quote Originally Posted by roxic27 View Post
    I have no doubt that Sue Lowden, et al, made some promises or something to the Ron Paul delegates which made it seem reasonable to vote for McCain...then, possibly reneged and this might very well have happened in other states. Seeing what the machine can do and now they can manipulate, I believe all of these steps were very well choreographed to get the desired result and appearance they wanted. Sometimes when you are there, it seems so reasonable...workable, and then bam you realize you feel into it.

Nevadans did the same....

...hope they liked the "Rage" show -

I do think trying to form some sort of alliances is not a bad idea, but who can trust the party at this point?

I like Gov. Palin in some areas and not others but will not make pull that lever unless their is some sort of attempt to "reach out" by the ticket (of which I know is far fetched). I still cannot get myself to vote for Barr and am lukewarm to Baldwin.

If nothing else, I'm still writing the good Dr. in and walking away with a clean conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzums View Post

I do think trying to form some sort of alliances is not a bad idea, but who can trust the party at this point?

I like Gov. Palin in some areas and not others but will not make pull that lever unless their is some sort of attempt to "reach out" by the ticket (of which I know is far fetched). I still cannot get myself to vote for Barr and am lukewarm to Baldwin.

If nothing else, I'm still writing the good Dr. in and walking away with a clean conscience.
    WTF? Why did people work so hard to be elected delegates and get their voices heard if they were just going to roll over to the party at the last minute just to make nicey nice? And I thought the RNC just ignored RP's Nevada delegates. Guess not. Im disappointed.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Hmm, interesting.

I guess there's nothing more to say other than $#@! you, you backstabbers.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzums View Post

The McCain ticket can NEVER have a Ron Paul supporter vote. They are neocons and will destroy our liberties.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    WTF? Why did people work so hard to be elected delegates and get their voices heard if they were just going to roll over to the party at the last minute just to make nicey nice? And I thought the RNC just ignored RP's Nevada delegates. Guess not. Im disappointed.
    I'm pissed. Disappointed doesn't even BEGIN to describe what I feel about Paul supporters just giving up. So much for the revolution, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Sematary View Post
    The McCain ticket can NEVER have a Ron Paul supporter vote. They are neocons and will destroy our liberties.
    I'd have voted for McCain at the convention if they would have let Ron Paul speak.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by nate895 View Post
    I'd have voted for McCain at the convention if they would have let Ron Paul speak.
    THAT, I agree (as I said in another post), would have been the ONLY acceptable reason to give up the vote for Dr. Paul. I feel betrayed.

Mass delegates and how they voted. Dont know which ones were Paul supporters originally because they stabbed us in the back and went mccain

http://www.massgop.com/convention.aspx

Since when do we trust the media to tell the whole truth?
    I will wait to see what the NV.delegates have to say before judging.
    After all the work,money,and time they put in,i really doubt they rolled over for some Rage tickets

Lets say it was true that they had the choice to vote either McWar,or abstain.
    Two choices,two different results.
    1.I abstain.Great,you were going to lose anyways,and you walk away with nothing.
    2.I will vote McWar.Yuck,that tasted horrible,but i have made inroads,that may pay off in the future.

We can't win THEIR game,playing by our rules.Once we have sufficient numbers "inside"then WE make the rules.
    Ex Gladio Libertas
    Bend meetup video

Quote Originally Posted by Mortikhi View Post
    Mass delegates and how they voted. Dont know which ones were Paul supporters originally because they stabbed us in the back and went mccain

http://www.massgop.com/convention.aspx
    Whatever Mass. and Nevada agreed to in order for the GOP to get this vote wasn't worth it. They would have had to take my life in order to get my vote. Man, I wish I could have been a delegate.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoonian View Post
    Since when do we trust the media to tell the whole truth?
    I will wait to see what the NV.delegates have to say before judging.
    After all the work,money,and time they put in,i really doubt they rolled over for some Rage tickets

Lets say it was true that they had the choice to vote either McWar,or abstain.
    Two choices,two different results.
    1.I abstain.Great,you were going to lose anyways,and you walk away with nothing.
    2.I will vote McWar.Yuck,that tasted horrible,but i have made inroads,that may pay off in the future.

We can't win THEIR game,playing by our rules.Once we have sufficient numbers "inside"then WE make the rules.
    Yeh, that'll happen

Once they got the vote they wanted, they didn't give two tits about the Ron Paul delegates.

Good job on the inroads.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortikhi View Post
    Yeh, that'll happen

Once they got the vote they wanted, they didn't give two tits about the Ron Paul delegates.

Good job on the inroads.

A patriot can hope
    Ex Gladio Libertas
    Bend meetup video

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would very much like to get some more information about what happened with certain delegations, Nevada and Utah come to mind. If we could get info from the delegates themselves, that would be great. Until we do, it's all just speculation.

Anyway, props to all the states that casted votes for Dr. Paul. Alaska, Oregon, Washington and West Virginia actually did (IIRC), and I'm sure a lot of the "missing" votes from other states were his, too. States like Maine, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Idaho and so on. And let's not forget that there were Paul supporters who were obligated to cast their votes for McCain at the convention. We all appreciate your efforts.

These delegates voted for the guy who was already going to win--costing us nothing. And likely, they got alot of goodwill from the gesture and possibly recieved promises of support for certain campaigns (for State Rep. or mayor SmallTown, MA). This is how politics works, and you'd better believe that Ron Paul plays it...

Quote Originally Posted by Shotdown1027 View Post
    These delegates voted for the guy who was already going to win--costing us nothing. And likely, they got alot of goodwill from the gesture and possibly recieved promises of support for certain campaigns (for State Rep. or mayor SmallTown, MA). This is how politics works, and you'd better believe that Ron Paul plays it...
    Yeah, you're probably right, but what about Nevada, then? That situation has been FUBAR for quite some time and how can anyone trust "the establishment" to honor any commitments or show goodwill when you consider what they pulled there? Mind you, there could be something I don't know about, but from what I've been told, the GOP establishment in Nevada is a bunch of /!#(=)&!#()& who went out of their way to bend/break the rules and stifle dissent.

Goodwill and 50 cents buys you a newspaper.

That was a stupid thing to do.
    Precinct Captain, Los Angeles
    Ron Paul Republican

The good Doctor's faith in the marketplace of ideas is being severely tested by this undertaking.

Maybe they weren't Ron Paul supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by josh24601 View Post
    Goodwill and 50 cents buys you a newspaper.

That was a stupid thing to do.
    If there were any real concessions or genuine offers of support made, then I can kinda understand it. I wasn't there and therefore I really can't say all that much about it, but I sure am curious. Personally, I don't really trust party bigwigs...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast