Thread: Trump's new Federal Reserve Board supervisor pick - Randal Quarles

Trump's new Federal Reserve Board supervisor pick - Randal Quarles

I'm sure he will be very tough on the banks, seeing how he's married to the great-niece of the guy the Fed building is named after

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/10/trump...or-at-fed.html

On a side note, I didn't realize how MORMON the Fed is until researching the Eccles family. I guess I'm heading down another rabbit hole shortly.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    There's no question that the degree rituals of Freemasonry and Mormonism mirror each other.

Explains Romney's candidacy and Glen Beck's repeated backstabbing, at least.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

@devil21, @dannno
    Mormonism has strong CIA and FBI connections. Brigham Young University is a recruiting ground for the CIA.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles...t-fbi-recruits
    http://universe.byu.edu/2000/03/14/c...-byu-students/
    "I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever." - Founding Father Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    There's no question that the degree rituals of Freemasonry and Mormonism mirror each other.

Don't forget Evan McMuffin.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by uncharted View Post
    @devil21, @dannno
    Mormonism has strong CIA and FBI connections. Brigham Young University is a recruiting ground for the CIA.

But, in reality, Mormons end up in these agencies for perfectly logical reasons. The disproportionate number of Mormons is usually chalked up to three factors: Mormon people often have strong foreign language skills, from missions overseas; a relatively easy time getting security clearances, given their abstention from drugs and alcohol; and a willingness to serve.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

There really aren't degree rituals in Mormonism. There are similarities between Masonic ceremonies and Mormon temple rituals, but they are not as alike as people think they are. There are two "handshakes" which are similar and both rituals have a type of apron worn around the waist.

That said, the differences are far more than the similarities.

For example, Mormon temple rituals have an entire priesthood robe that men and women wear as part of the ritual.

And the purpose of the ritual is completely different. The Mormon Temple ritual, called the Endowment, is about progressing through life and into the presence of God directly. As part of that Mormons covenant with God to keep His commandments, obey the Law of Chastity, and to be willing to sacrifice all we have to build His kingdom on Earth. Mormon temples are built utilizing the symbolism of the ancient Jewish temples, where you progress out of the world, back into the presence of God.

This video shows the inside of Mormon temples:

In terms of Romney and Beck, there is nothing special about them. Romney is a typical Republican neocon and Beck is a typical conservative talking head.

Quote Originally Posted by uncharted View Post
    @devil21, @dannno

Uh...... not quite. First of all this quote is pretty accurate:

From @dannno
    But, in reality, Mormons end up in these agencies for perfectly logical reasons. The disproportionate number of Mormons is usually chalked up to three factors: Mormon people often have strong foreign language skills, from missions overseas; a relatively easy time getting security clearances, given their abstention from drugs and alcohol; and a willingness to serve.
    2nd of all, the Mormons are a conquered people much like the Indians; the biggest difference is the Indians know it and most Mormons do not. Their land was taken by the Fed Gov and they were forced to change their religion or go to jail; their children were forced into public schools to become de-doctrinated. This has shaped a kind of servitude attitude toward the gov. Mormons believe in the Constitution and in freedom; they are only now beginning to unravel the slavery they have been held in for all these years.

Mormon leadership has spent the past 150 years trying to keep the members alive. Up until 1976 you could still legally kill a Mormon in Missouri for no other reason than being a Mormon.
    Last edited by Ender; 07-13-2017 at 02:45 PM.
    There is no spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    There really aren't degree rituals in Mormonism. There are similarities between Masonic ceremonies and Mormon temple rituals, but they are not as alike as people think they are. There are two "handshakes" which are similar and both rituals have a type of apron worn around the waist.
    Yeah, the temple rituals is what I meant and compares to 1st, 2nd, 3rd degree rituals of Freemasonry. Dunno if it's still out there but someone video'd some of the temple rituals and even the language was practically the same with a main difference being the veil. Secret handshakes through the veil with secret tokens (passwords). Even the token language was the same (paraphrasing): "I have not received it so I can not impart it."

That said, the differences are far more than the similarities.
    Eh, dunno about that. Pay to ascend model, similar rituals, similar clothing such as apron, similar beliefs, similar terminology such as "temple" (Mormon temple/Solomons temple, eg). Sounds to me like Joseph Smith, a documented Freemason, just changed some minor things and started a "new" religion based on Freemasonry under a different name.

For example, Mormon temple rituals have an entire priesthood robe that men and women wear as part of the ritual.

And the purpose of the ritual is completely different. The Mormon Temple ritual, called the Endowment, is about progressing through life and into the presence of God directly. As part of that Mormons covenant with God to keep His commandments, obey the Law of Chastity, and to be willing to sacrifice all we have to build His kingdom on Earth. Mormon temples are built utilizing the symbolism of the ancient Jewish temples, where you progress out of the world, back into the presence of God.
    If you really think that's greatly different than Freemasonry you should study up more on Freemasonry. It's damn near identical! Masons call it rebuilding Solomon's Temple (the same ancient Jewish temple), ascending through degrees to become closer to God, etc.

In terms of Romney and Beck, there is nothing special about them. Romney is a typical Republican neocon and Beck is a typical conservative talking head.
    Sure, sounds good.

-------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

Mormon leadership has spent the past 150 years trying to keep the members alive. Up until 1976 you could still legally kill a Mormon in Missouri for no other reason than being a Mormon.
    Yet remarkably the most powerful national central bank headquarters in the world is named after one. That's kind like saying that since Jews died in the holocaust that all Jews are always oppressed and hold no power in society.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-13-2017 at 04:25 PM.

@devil21
    Yeah, the temple rituals is what I meant and compares to 1st, 2nd, 3rd degree rituals of Freemasonry. Dunno if it's still out there but someone video'd some of the temple rituals and even the language was practically the same with a main difference being the veil. Secret handshakes through the veil with secret tokens (passwords). Even the token language was the same (paraphrasing): "I have not received it so I can not impart it."

Eh, dunno about that. Pay to ascend model, similar rituals, similar clothing such as apron, similar beliefs, similar terminology such as "temple" (Mormon temple/Solomons temple, eg). Sounds to me like Joseph Smith, a documented Freemason, just changed some minor things and started a "new" religion based on Freemasonry under a different name.

If you really think that's greatly different than Freemasonry you should study up more on Freemasonry. It's damn near identical! Masons call it rebuilding Solomon's Temple (the same ancient Jewish temple), ascending through degrees to become closer to God, etc.

Sure, sounds good.

-------------------------

Yet remarkably the most powerful national central bank headquarters in the world is named after one. That's kind like saying that since Jews died in the holocaust that all Jews are always oppressed and hold no power in society.[
    Lottsa people do well financially in the US and still have no idea they are slaves to The Machine.

Here's a pretty good analogy of the similarities and dissimilarities:

https://www.fairmormon.org/archive/p...-temple-ritual
    There is no spoon.

@devil21

Lottsa people do well financially in the US and still have no idea they are slaves to The Machine.

Here's a pretty good analogy of the similarities and dissimilarities:

https://www.fairmormon.org/archive/p...-temple-ritual
    That link is hilarious. Yes, Joseph Smith and his family were Masons and here's a long list of all the similarities between Mormonism and Masonry but they're not related, I assure you. Believe me. Then it ends with this:
    "[Editor’s note: Greg Kearney is an active temple attending Latter-day Saint as well as a life member of Franklin Lodge #123 A.F. & A.M. as well as several lodges of research. He gives Masonic education lectures at lodges on the history and relationship of Freemasonry to the development of the Latter-day Saint temples.]"

lol

That whole part in the LDS Endowment is much more than that.

Mormonism existed for more than ten years before Joseph Smith was inducted into a Masonic lodge. And you don't "pay to ascend" to anything. There is no concept of a "Master Mason" in Mormonism. There are no ranks or degrees inside the temple. The only similar dress is the apron. Compare these Masons in their Masonic aprons and dress:

with the Mormon temple robes in the video I shared before and repost here, right around the 1:56 mark-

Mormons and Masons do not share similar beliefs. Masons are a pantheistic belief system whose rituals focus on the story of the extra-biblical figure Hiram Abiff. Mormons focus their worship on God the Father and Jesus Christ and their rituals are about meeting and joining with the Biblical God and the LDS Endowment focus solely on Biblical figures and places- God the Father, Jesus Christ, the Archangel Michael, the Creation, Adam and Eve, the Garden of Eden, Lucifer, Peter, James, and John.

And you're stretching it with the temple issue. Joseph Smith directed the first LDS temple be built in 1833 and didn't become a Mason until 1842. I think the layouts of a Maosnic Lodge/Temple and an LDS Temple illustrate quite well the very different uses thes ebuilding are used for:

Masonic Lodge:

LDS Temple:

This is something I have studied quite extensively. And saying the two rites are damn near identical is stretching it. Masons originally built their ceremonies based on the same theme, recapturing the rituals of Solomon's Temple. When two groups are working form the same source material of course there will be similarities. For example, the three degrees reflect the three degrees of the ancient Jewish temple where you had the Inner Court, the Holy Place, and then the Holy of Holies. Mormonism sees itself as a restoration of ancient Christianity in its purist form, including ancient temple worship. In that mold I bet you could find similarities between an Orthodox liturgy, which itself is based heavily in ancient Jewish temple ritual and the Masonic rite. For example, you can see the three degrees in Orthodox Cathedrals as you approach the altar of communion.

Also, you misunderstand me I think. Mormons don't ascend through degrees. We enter different rooms as part of the ritual, rooms which represent nearness to God. You do not have a "First Degree Mormon." All receive the same ritual endowment and there are no ranks.

That said, Joseph Smith was clearly influenced by Masonic ritual and many first generation Mormons believed that Masons had indeed recaptured some of the ancient practices of Solomon's Temple, practices which were adopted into early Mormonism. At that time there were a few explicit connections, things that were identical: two "handshakes", the compass and square symbolism, the penalties, and some of the random phrases. The Endowment has went through two major changes since then as later LDS Prophets altered things such that today the two handshakes, use of compass/square, and a few random phrases remain. What remains is different than the Masonic rituals. And such key differences I believe are worth mentioning in some length.

The endowment is more firmly grounded in scriptural narrative than Masonry is. While Masonry refers to the building of Solomon's temple, as described in the Bible, the ritual drama that forms the heart of the Master Mason degree (the murder of Hiram Abiff) is legendary, not biblical. The same is true of the ritual drama for the Royal Arch degree. Biblical passages are read in the course of Masonic rituals, including selections from Ruth, Judges, Psalms, and Ecclesiastes; but no biblical events are directly reenacted, as in the endowment.

Various portions of a Masonic ritual are performed in order to regulate the space in which the rite occurs: to formally open and close the rite; to ensure that all present are Masons; to see that a tyler, or guard, is posted outside; etc. Indeed, portions of Masonic ritual occur without the initiate being present. By contrast, the endowment involves no ceremonies to regulate sacred space (since the temple has already been dedicated for that purpose); this means that the endowment moves much more quickly into initiation and ritual drama. Also, the endowment involves no ceremonies performed outside the initiate's presence.

In Masonry, the drama of Hiram Abiff is a straightforward narrative of events purported to have occurred in the past: these events may have allegorical meaning, but the drama makes sense within itself as historical reenactment. By contrast, the ritual drama of the endowment becomes blatantly anachronistic once initiates enter the World Room, where (prior to the 1990 revision) a Protestant minister preaches to Adam and Eve. The endowment is thus freer than Masonry in how it plays with symbols--one might even say that the endowment is more "postmodern."

The rites of Masonry are supposed to be restricted to men (though auxiliary orders have emerged for Masons' wives and daughters). By contrast, the endowment was administered, almost from its beginning, to women as well as to men, in keeping with Joseph Smith's new doctrine that celestial marriage was required to attain the highest degree of exaltation. Furthermore, where the rites of Masonry created fraternal bonds between mortals, the endowment aimed to create such bonds between mortals and God, who, according to Joseph's Nauvoo teaching, is himself an exalted man.

Masonic initiates identify, as the name indicates, with masons--those who built the temple. Only in the Royal Arch degree (an additional, optional rite) do participants identify with temple priests, wearing Old Testament-style robes and passing through a temple veil into a holy of holies. The endowment, by contrast, is from first to last an initiation into priesthood. Where the symbolism of stonemasonry looms large in the Blue Lodge rites, only vestiges of such symbolism appear in the endowment: the marks of the compass and the square. The central metaphor of the endowment is not building the temple, but rather officiating in the temple as priests and priestesses, kings and queens, to God.

Despite Masonry's emphasis on fraternity, the endowment is a less elitist, more community-focused rite. Where the Blue Lodge rites are administered only to individuals, the endowment was administered, from its very beginning, to groups. And the endowment requires far less memorization on the part of initiates than Masonry does, making the endowment more accessible. Also relevant to accessibility, consider that the endowment is a single ceremony (disregarding the second anointing), while full initiation into Blue Lodge Masonry requires three separate ceremonies (and additional ceremonies for the Royal Arch degree).

Finally, Masonry has no concept of work for the dead. In Mormonism, it has been the practice since the 1870s for living persons to receive the endowment on behalf of deceased persons.
    Last edited by PierzStyx; 07-14-2017 at 04:04 PM.

That link is hilarious. Yes, Joseph Smith and his family were Masons and here's a long list of all the similarities between Mormonism and Masonry but they're not related, I assure you. Believe me. Then it ends with this:
    "[Editor’s note: Greg Kearney is an active temple attending Latter-day Saint as well as a life member of Franklin Lodge #123 A.F. & A.M. as well as several lodges of research. He gives Masonic education lectures at lodges on the history and relationship of Freemasonry to the development of the Latter-day Saint temples.]"

lol
    Why wouldn't you listen to someone who is active in both and therefore has experience in both? Laughing it off seems to be the opposite of what you would want to do.

The problem you're running into is trying to equate two very different ceremonies. There are some clear similarities, but there are also very stark differences. And there are more differences than similarities, far more. Many of the supposed similarities are similarities you could make between Masonic rites and ancient Jewish ritual. But the ancient Jews weren't Masons. You can find similar symbolism between Masonic symbolism and Orthodox Symbolism: the All-Seeing Eye, star symbols, the pentagram, the sun symbol, ritual clasping of hands, etc. And from what I can tell, the Orthodox Church is virulently anti-Masonic. Many of the similarities between Mormons and Masons exist not because Mormonism took them from Masons but because they hearken back to the same biblical symbolism that Catholics, Orthodox, Jews, Coptics, and Protestants all draw from. And yes, even Masons.

For example: The Robes of the Jewish High Priest in the Temple

Notice the ephod? Know what we would call that today? An apron. And more to the point a Mormon, in his or her full temple ceremonial garb, looks far more like the Jewish High Priest than he or she does a Mason in his formal dress. Masons wear aprons. Mormons wear a mitre, a robe, an ephod, a sash, a tunic of linen, and go without shoes for at least part of the Endowment.

Uh...... not quite. First of all this quote is pretty accurate:

From @dannno

2nd of all, the Mormons are a conquered people much like the Indians; the biggest difference is the Indians know it and most Mormons do not. Their land was taken by the Fed Gov and they were forced to change their religion or go to jail; their children were forced into public schools to become de-doctrinated. This has shaped a kind of servitude attitude toward the gov. Mormons believe in the Constitution and in freedom; they are only now beginning to unravel the slavery they have been held in for all these years.

Well said.

Yep, it's clearly very different and I'm sure neither of you are biased by your devotion to your religion. People are never biased when questioned about their religions. Carry on, brethren. What I think doesn't matter.

Yep, it's clearly very different and I'm sure neither of you are biased by your devotion to your religion. People are never biased when questioned about their religions. Carry on, brethren. What I think doesn't matter.
    BTW- I'm not Mormon.

I think it's YOUR bias that's showing.
    There is no spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    O yea, he's gonna be draining the swamp over there at the Fed...

Quote Originally Posted by dannno
    Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx
    When two groups are working form the same source material of course there will be similarities.
    Good points

BTW- I'm not Mormon.

I think it's YOUR bias that's showing.
    I call it like I see it. A Mason that was previously arrested for conning people shows up with a story of golden tablets he could only read with magic glasses (that no one else can see) that ultimately ends up being a religion with many obvious similarities to his already established fraternity membership? Come on, man.

A roommate of mine for 6 months was a prototypical Mormon, 4 kids by age 30 and told me flat out it was cult. He knew it but his family was so deep into it that there was no going back for him. He had a security clearance doing IT work for a DoD contractor. So, the moral of the story is that the explanation of being reliable for clearance type work is true. That doesn't make the rest of it wrong, however. People stick with what they know, I guess, even when they know it's bs.

I call it like I see it. A Mason that was previously arrested for conning people shows up with a story of golden tablets he could only read with magic glasses (that no one else can see) that ultimately ends up being a religion with many obvious similarities to his already established fraternity membership? Come on, man.

A roommate of mine for 6 months was a prototypical Mormon, 4 kids by age 30 and told me flat out it was cult. He knew it but his family was so deep into it that there was no going back for him. He had a security clearance doing IT work for a DoD contractor. So, the moral of the story is that the explanation of being reliable for clearance type work is true. That doesn't make the rest of it wrong, however. People stick with what they know, I guess, even when they know it's bs.
    Mirror?
    There is no spoon.

Mirror?
    LOL no. I really did have a Mormon roommate. He had to leave soon after he decided he wanted to bring his wife and 4 young kids to live in my house, instead of commuting back and forth from DC to OH to see them on weekends, but not pay any additional percentage of the rent or utilities. That experiment lasted about a week. Nice guy but a bit creepy and trapped in a life he was deciding he didn't want, especially once he tasted some freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierz
    And there are more differences than similarities, far more. Many of the supposed similarities are similarities you could make between Masonic rites and ancient Jewish ritual. But the ancient Jews weren't Masons.
    What I think we're fleshing out is that each of the "new" religions are merely rebrandings of the previous religions, updated to keep up with the times so they don't become obsolete and lose their ability to be used as control mechanisms on the masses. In this example, ancient Jewish ritual begets Masonry which begets Mormonism. Therefore, if A=B and B=C, then does A not equal C also? It's like how Semiramis is Ishtar, is Isis, is Athena, is Minerva, etc. Just different points in history but it's the same religion rebranded.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-18-2017 at 01:54 PM.