Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doctor who treated former U.S. President George H.W. Bush shot dead by fellow cyclist

Exclamation Doctor who treated former U.S. President George H.W. Bush shot dead by fellow cyclist

A cardiologist who once treated former President George H.W. Bush was fatally shot by a fellow bicyclist Friday while riding through a Houston medical complex, and police were trying to determine if the shooting was random or a targeted act.
    The shooting happened around 9 a.m. as Dr. Mark Hausknecht was going northbound through the Texas Medical Center, said Houston Police Executive Assistant Chief Troy Finner.

“The suspect was on a bicycle as well. Rode past the doctor, turned and fired two shots. The doctor immediately went down,” Finner said.

Hausknecht treated Bush in February 2000 for an irregular heartbeat after the ex-president complained about lightheadedness while visiting Florida.

The cardiologist appeared with Bush at a news conference after his treatment.
    Bush on Friday offered his condolences to Hausknecht’s family.
    “Mark was a fantastic cardiologist and a good man,” Bush said in a statement. “I will always be grateful for his exceptional, compassionate care.”
    Hausknecht had been in medical practice for almost 40 years and specialized in cardiovascular disease, said Marc Boom, president and CEO of Houston Methodist Hospital.
    Hausknecht was part of the hospital’s medical staff as well as its DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center.

More at: https://globalnews.ca/news/4345129/f...-dead-houston/

What did he know?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bush Sr must have told him something he shouldn't of and had to off him.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Where was Pee Baby Bush?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Political vengeance? by some wacko?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Police have released a suspect sketch and appealed to the public for information in the shooting death of George H.W. Bush's cardiologist, who was fatally shot while cycling to work.
    Dr Mark Hausknecht, 65, was gunned down by another man on a bike as he rode through Texas Medical Center on Friday morning.
    Police have not revealed whether they suspect the murder was random or targeted.
    Investigators described the suspect as a white or Hispanic male, about 30 years old, five-foot-10 with a slender build and clean shaven. He was last seen wearing a tan baseball cap, sunglasses, a grey warmup jacket and khaki shorts.

On Saturday, Hausknecht's devastated widow, emergency medicine physician Dr Georgia R. Hsieh, broke her silence in a statement to the Houston Chronicle.
    ''Senseless' has become a trite adjective to describe these tragedies, but what IS senseless is the misguided notion that any society with more guns is a safer society,' Hsieh wrote.
    'When students cannot go to school without fear, and teachers need to arm themselves, what has this country come to?' she continued.
    Hsieh said that as an emergency room doctor, she is 'no stranger to the devastating consequences' of gun violence.
    'Now my family and I have unwittingly joined the ranks of thousands of other grieving American families who have lost innocent loved ones,' she continued.
    'So many have asked what can be done to help,' she wrote. 'While law enforcement has given you their focus on finding the criminal, I am asking you to use your vote and your voice to stem the tide of this growing public health epidemic. Write, email or tweet your congressman urging sensible gun laws. We owe it to future generations to leave a safer environment.'

More at: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-control.html

Now we know one reason this happened.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Two birds with one stone?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Two birds with one stone?
    Just the way Shrub Sr. likes it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Just the way Shrub Sr. likes it.
    At 94 still $#@!ing with people's lives.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What make them think it was a Fellow Cyclist..??

Sounds like an Enemy Cyclist to me.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

At 94 still $#@!ing with people's lives.
    Every evil act he commits buys him more life from the darkside, the returns are beginning to diminish but he really doesn't want to meet his maker yet.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Police have released a suspect sketch and appealed to the public for information in the shooting death of George H.W. Bush's cardiologist, who was fatally shot while cycling to work.
    Dr Mark Hausknecht, 65, was gunned down by another man on a bike as he rode through Texas Medical Center on Friday morning.
    Police have not revealed whether they suspect the murder was random or targeted.
    Investigators described the suspect as a white or Hispanic male, about 30 years old, five-foot-10 with a slender build and clean shaven. He was last seen wearing a tan baseball cap, sunglasses, a grey warmup jacket and khaki shorts.

On Saturday, Hausknecht's devastated widow, emergency medicine physician Dr Georgia R. Hsieh, broke her silence in a statement to the Houston Chronicle.
    ''Senseless' has become a trite adjective to describe these tragedies, but what IS senseless is the misguided notion that any society with more guns is a safer society,' Hsieh wrote.
    'When students cannot go to school without fear, and teachers need to arm themselves, what has this country come to?' she continued.
    Hsieh said that as an emergency room doctor, she is 'no stranger to the devastating consequences' of gun violence.
    'Now my family and I have unwittingly joined the ranks of thousands of other grieving American families who have lost innocent loved ones,' she continued.
    'So many have asked what can be done to help,' she wrote. 'While law enforcement has given you their focus on finding the criminal, I am asking you to use your vote and your voice to stem the tide of this growing public health epidemic. Write, email or tweet your congressman urging sensible gun laws. We owe it to future generations to leave a safer environment.'

More at: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-control.html

I find it odd that someone can lose a loved one in a senseless crime and instead of discussing how they lived or how wonderful they were. They respond by going into a political statement about gun control, or pool safety, or whatever. It feels odd to me. Why not talk about bicycle safety?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Every evil act he commits buys him more life from the darkside, the returns are beginning to diminish but he really doesn't want to meet his maker yet.
    There is no way the cornered rat will avoid paying the piper.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    I find it odd that someone can lose a loved one in a senseless crime and instead of discussing how they lived or how wonderful they were. They respond by going into a political statement about gun control, or pool safety, or whatever. It feels odd to me. Why not talk about bicycle safety?
    It is called coaching.

Money and threats can cause very unnatural behavior.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It is called coaching.
    I get that, but I'm thinking deeper. "What if" the wife put a hit on him simply to put out an anti - gun message? Is that to dark?

I get that, but I'm thinking deeper. "What if" the wife put a hit on him simply to put out an anti - gun message? Is that to dark?
    It's cheaper than divorce.

Yes there are people that evil.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://downtrend.com/71superb/widow...ogist-is-shot/

In any case the cardiologist’s widow didn’t even wait 24 hours to use his death as a call to further erode our 2nd Amendment rights:

A day after a beloved Houston cardiologist was gunned down while biking to work in the Texas Medical Center, his grieving wife spoke out, urging gun control and tighter firearms laws.

His widow, emergency physician Dr. Georgia R. Hsieh, put out a statement mid-day Saturday, as her family and the tight-knit medical community reeled from the crime.

Are you trying to exonerate the Bushes?

Telling ya, this stinks. My money is that the wife is involved somehow.

Telling ya, this stinks. My money is that the wife is involved somehow.
    She probably thinks the Bushes are the nicest people on the planet.

Are you trying to exonerate the Bushes?
    Nope, just analyzing why the wife would cooperate.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

After the fact. She has no choice.

and if so,...why wait this long to get it done?

After the fact. She has no choice.
    Maybe or maybe they approached her ahead of time.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    and if so,...why wait this long to get it done?
    Why would Bush choose now? Or why would the wife?
    I have no idea why Bush would choose now but I could imagine reasons, I assume the wife didn't choose the time, she either was approached with an offer to pull off the killing which she couldn't successfully do on her own or she was bullied/bribed after the fact.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Maybe or maybe they approached her ahead of time.
    These matters are handled on a need to know basis. Why risk anything?

Why would Bush choose now? Or why would the wife?
    I have no idea why Bush would choose now but I could imagine reasons, I assume the wife didn't choose the time, she either was approached with an offer to pull off the killing which she couldn't successfully do on her own or she was bullied/bribed after the fact.
    I find it weird, I mean if one of my loved ones dies in a car wreck. I'm not walking to the media demanding better car safety less than 24 hrs from their demise.

I find it weird, I mean if one of my loved ones dies in a car wreck. I'm not walking to the media demanding better car safety less than 24 hrs from their demise.
    Unfortunately the world is filled with weird people.

Then there is always the possibility of a faked death, then she would have no reason to be grief stricken, if she were to die mysteriously soon it would make that explanation more likely.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Unfortunately the world is filled with weird people.

Then there is always the possibility of a faked death, then she would have no reason to be grief stricken, if she were to die mysteriously soon it would make that explanation more likely.
    Well, he was pronounced in the E.R. and two ambulance drivers responded on the scene while transporting another patient. I'm sure he's passed on.

Huh... maybe it’s just me... does anybody find it odd that a “sketch artist” signs their composites???
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast