Thread: Trump accuses reporter of racism when she asks if he has emboldened white nationalists

Thumbs up Trump accuses reporter of racism when she asks if he has emboldened white nationalists

Donald Trump has accused a reporter who asked him if his campaign rhetoric in the lead-up to the US midterm elections had emboldened white nationalists of posing a “racist question”.
    The president attacked PBS White House correspondent Yamiche Alcindor over her line of questioning on Wednesday at a fiery press conference in Washington.
    Mr Trump defended the comments made during a speech at a campaign rally ahead of the midterms, in which he described himself as a “nationalist”.
    “On the campaign trail you called yourself a nationalist, some people saw that as emboldening white nationalists,” Ms Alcindor began.
    “I don’t know why you’d say that,” Mr Trump said, cutting off the reporter. “That’s such a racist question.”
    Ms Alcindor continued: “There are some people that say the Republican Party is seen as supporting white nationalists because of your rhetoric,” prompting the president to sigh in exasperated fashion.
    “I don’t believe it,” Mr Trump replied. “Why do I have my highest poll numbers ever with African Americans? Why do I have among the highest poll numbers with African Americans?
    "I mean, why do I have my higher poll numbers?" Mr Trump continued. "That’s such a racist question".
    Ms Alcindor then attempted to ask another question, but was cut off by the president, who called the question "insulting".
    "You know what the word is? I love our country. I do. You have nationalists. You have globalists," Mr Trump said. "I also love the world, and I don’t mind helping the world, but we have to straighten out our country first. We have a lot of problems".

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-acc...195400137.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She offended The Donald's peeps, the Saudi Arabian, Sunni Muslim head choppers.

Bone Saw Republicans, deeply offended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    She offended The Donald's peeps, the Saudi Arabian, Sunni Muslim head choppers.

Bone Saw Republicans, deeply offended.

Have you decided to copy our other irrelevant tabloid spammer?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I'll allow it
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    I'll allow it
    I dunno, it's a slippery slope.

Granted there may have been some intentional unintentional misleading marketing by MAGA, fakenews media continues to lie when it calls Trump a "racist" or "Nazi".

Actions speak louder than words, Trump would not have done this if he was 'White Nationalist' as some in media continue to suggest:

Media continues to lie & call Trump racist even when he publicly supports interracial romances

Trump pardons Jack Johnson erasing conviction for violating Anti White Slave Act

05/25/2018
    Jack Johnson Was Pardoned, But Taboo Sex Is Still Being Criminalized

President Donald Trump posthumously pardoned Jack Johnson on Thursday, erasing the black boxer’s century-old conviction for violating the Mann Act — a 1910 law that prohibited transporting “any woman or girl” across state lines “for the purpose of prostitution or debauchery, or for any other immoral purpose” — by driving his white girlfriend from Pittsburgh to Chicago.

All this has happened before
    The Mann Act, also known as the White-Slave Traffic Act, was enacted in response to public hysteria about sensational yet unconfirmed reports of white women being kidnapped and trafficked by foreign men.

Throughout the first half of the 20th century, thousands of people were prosecuted under the act. Johnson’s conviction in 1912 was a prime example of the broad power of a law pitched as a way to stop what was at the time called white slavery. His crime was, essentially, being black and driving across state lines with a white woman, even though she went voluntarily and was his girlfriend.