Thread: Secret Hitler

Secret Hitler

"Secret Hitler" is the latest rage on college campuses...

In Secret Hitler, players assume the roles of liberals and fascists in the Reichstag of the Weimar Republic, with one player becoming Adolf Hitler. To win the game, both parties are set to competitively enact liberal and fascist policies, respectively, or complete a secondary objective directly involving Hitler.

Secret Hitler sees players divided into two teams: the liberals and the fascists, the latter also including the Hitler role. The identity of Hitler is known to all other fascists, while the identities of the fascists are unknown to Hitler in games with at least seven players.
    The game ends when either five liberal policies or six fascist policies have been enacted, with the respective party winning the game. Additionally, after three fascist policies have been passed, the liberals can win the game if Hitler is assassinated or the fascists can win if Hitler is elected Chancellor.
    The game's sales have benefitted from a surge of interest in fascism, coinciding with the 2016 United States presidential election.[6] In February 2017, free copies of Secret Hitler were shipped to all 100 members of the United States Senate.[8][9] The Trump Pack, a booster pack for Secret Hitler, which replaces the fascists' cards with Donald Trump and prominent members of his administration at the time (respectively Sean Spicer, Stephen Miller, Steve Bannon and Mike Pence), was released in June 2017, with all proceeds generated from the pack's sales donated to the American Civil Liberties Union.
    More: https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Hitler
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Heard about it in the wayback on RPF. Think AF had a thread on it.

Edit: No. Wrong game. Used to be participants would just observe others and pick out their proclivities. I was thinking "
    Secret Hitler."
    Last edited by phill4paul; 05-20-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Popular on college campuses is a game that says that a small minority of people are fascists, and they secretly conspire. You must work to expose them. One of the ways to stop them? Assassination. And for those don’t quite get the anology, you can get the Trump Pack.

What could possibly go wrong?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

If it's popular in college, then they must have turned it into a drinking game.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I'd lie and tell them to go away because two people came by earlier asking the exact same thing.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 05-22-2019 at 10:35 AM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    If it's popular in college, then they must have turned it into a drinking game.
    ofc, its not popular in college campuses. The person who wrote the wiki is most likely a partisan hack trying to paint the very mixed Hitler policies as just liberal. And yes, if it was popular in college campuses, it would either be a drinking game or a sex game.

I'm still single, got nothing to lose
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's no way I'd play that game if it meant I had to be a liberal.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    There's no way I'd play that game if it meant I had to be a liberal.
    The game is stupid because there's no difference between modern libbies and fascists. May as well make a game where Stalin and Trotsky try to kill each other.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

I'd invite them in and call @Danke to come over. I'd do shots of Schnapps anytime I heard "Danke." And three when I heard "Danke, Danke."

I'd invite them in and allow Phill to film.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Get Beer??
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    ofc, its not popular in college campuses. The person who wrote the wiki is most likely a partisan hack trying to paint the very mixed Hitler policies as just liberal. And yes, if it was popular in college campuses, it would either be a drinking game or a sex game.
    You don’t have a clue, but you certainly have an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    The game is stupid because there's no difference between modern libbies and fascists. May as well make a game where Stalin and Trotsky try to kill each other.
    It would probably be a more accurate analogy of the US for it to be “Secret Trotsky”, except for the fact that they are no longer secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    You don’t have a clue, but you certainly have an opinion.
    No it's not or was ever a popular game in college. Everyone I asked about this silly game only ever heard of it on social media. I would wager to say monopoly was more "popular" than secret Hitler.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No it's not or was ever a popular game in college. Everyone I asked about this silly game only ever heard of it on social media. I would wager to say monopoly was more "popular" than secret Hitler.
    You asked someone? Well, that’s definitive proof.

It would be surprising if it was “ever” popular in the past, as the game was only created about two years ago.

It would be surprising if it was “ever” popular in the past, as the game was only created about two years ago.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I see videos from 3 yrs ago on youtube so maybe its must have started at least 6 month before that and got really "popular" before youtubers started making videos about it.

Also, I have talked to lots of college students not just one person.

I see videos from 3 yrs ago on youtube so maybe its must have started at least 6 month before that and got really "popular" before youtubers started making videos about it.

Also, I have talked to lots of college students not just one person.
    first released on August 25, 2016
    It takes some time for it to spread.

How long have you been polling college students about this game? Are you creeping around college dorms?

It takes some time for it to spread.

How long have you been polling college students about this game? Are you creeping around college dorms?
    I was in college july of 2016 and my best friend lived in the dorms during that time. Also, I have cousins who are in college now and from the group chat survey, not one have heard of the game. But never mind, popular in this sense is in the eye of the beholder, so popular could be a handful of people in a few colleges

Santler

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

https://boingboing.net/2017/06/06/se...rd-game-a.html

"Secret Hitler" board game adds Trump administration booster pack

Secret Hitler is a social deduction game that seems to be a variation on games like Werewolf and Mafia. The design, by artist Mackenzie Schubert, is beautiful.

The majority of players are liberals. If they can learn to trust each other, they have enough votes to control the table and win the game. But some players are fascists. They will say whatever it takes to get elected, enact their agenda, and blame others for the fallout. The liberals must work together to discover the truth before the fascists install their cold-blooded leader and win the game.
    They just introduced new cards "featuring Donald Trump and prominent members of his administration," also drawn by Schubert.