View Poll Results: Is this the best cover version of Stairway To Heaven

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 57.14%
  • No

3 42.86%

Thread: Is this the best cover version of Led Zep's Stairway To Heaven?

Is this the best cover version of Led Zep's Stairway To Heaven?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've always thought so.

Fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Heart is my favorite band.. hands down.. has been since the early 70s. The song cover is fabulous - video ruined it for me when they had a shot of Obama and his monkey
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Nope.

Dread Zeppelin FTW ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7DqjyNGHJU
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Heart...local band from Seattle. Saw them in the early 70's when they were a bar band. They usually played at this road house called the Aquarius Tavern north of Seattle. The bar had pool tables, and i would be playing 9 ball with friends while they played covers and a few originals. Later, their 1st album came out. Dream Boat Annie.

as to this cover...very good, but then i've seen ZEP 5 times, and i never cared for others doing this tune, but yeah...not bad.

Pretty awesome version. Can't say I've ever heard a better. Heart are supertalented and Nancy Wilson has a fantastic voice.

That was probably the first time Obama heard the song.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Nope.

Dread Zeppelin FTW ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7DqjyNGHJU
    I'll go with this, Heart are a bunch of leftie $#@!heads anyway. Never any good after Roger Fisher got the boot.

This what I play when I ever want to show off my home theater sound system. I play it really really loud.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I voted yes! Heart really does a great version of this. They cover lots of Zepplin but this was by far the best.

Now Stairway to Heven is a masterpiece no doubt but has been played to death. Unfortunately it sits in the top ten of my Hells Jukebox...
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Try this one, don't give up too soon:
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    Thanks for sharing. That is another fantastic version and I really enjoyed watching that.

Quote Originally Posted by RDM View Post
    Thanks for sharing. That is another fantastic version and I really enjoyed watching that.
    Glad you liked it.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Gretchen Wilson used to do a "sit-down" acoustic version, but can't find the video. She has performed with Heart once she became famous and thy realized she sounds like Ann (but not related). Heart also knew Jerry Cantrell way back when, Alice in Chains have recorded some songs in their studio over the years, mainly after Layne died and they were between lead singers.

This is a rare performance where Nancy does not play an acoustic guitar:

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

holy $#@! that was good.. there goes part of my afternoon..hunting down more from her..
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    Bump. Now I know where the Wooten brothers got their finger tappin' from....

Last edited by phill4paul; 02-07-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Heart also knew Jerry Cantrell way back when, Alice in Chains have recorded some songs in their studio over the years, mainly after Layne died and they were between lead singers.
    I had thought it was Layne and Ann who were friends... Mad season recorded at "Bad Animals" and Ann also provided backup vocals on "Am I Inside", AIC SAP. "Am I Inside" is a bad a$$ tune btw. After "Music Bank", I quit listening to new AIC material, so perhaps Jerry continued to record new material with Ann...

/zombie_post

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"