Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump to give speech on American economic indepence @ 230pmEDT today

Trump speech on American economic indepedence, June 28

UPDATE -- VIDEO

Will be on C-SPAN , should also be on CNN, MSNBC etc

UPDATE - LIVE now. started early.
    Last edited by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo; 06-28-2016 at 02:45 PM. Reason: video now available

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's Shark Week. No thanks.

UPDATE - LIVE now. started early.

Killing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

chillin' to EWF tunes. Not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It's Shark Week. No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    It's one thing to be (mod edit). Being proud of it is something else!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

NAFTA withdrawal

http://www.sice.oas.org/trade/nafta/chap-22.asp

Article 2205: Withdrawal

A Party may withdraw from this Agreement six months after it provides written notice of withdrawal to the other Parties. If a Party withdraws, the Agreement shall remain in force for the remaining Parties.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...o-REPEAL-NAFTA
    Last edited by timosman; 06-28-2016 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post
    I've heard plenty enough from Trump to form an well-informed opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    That can't be right! Bill "Contragate" Weld says that NAFTA is the "supreme law of the land," and a "treaty," and that a President "can't talk like that"!

I've heard plenty enough from Trump to form an well-informed opinion.
    This thread is about today's speech. If you're not here to comment on it, you're just here to advertise your pride in your (mod edit).

"I'm going tell our NAFTA partners that I intend to immediately renegotiate the terms of that agreement to get a better deal for our workers,” Trump said during remarks at an aluminum facility in Monessen, Pa., near Pittsburgh.

"And I don't mean just a little bit better, I mean a lot better," he said.

"If they do not agree to a renegotiation, then I will submit notice under Article 2205 of the NAFTA agreement that America intends to withdraw from the deal.”

This thread is about today's speech. If you're not here to comment on it, you're just here to advertise your pride in your (mod edit).
    I'd rather just wait a few months until he walks back what he says in this speech. Saves time.

An excellent choice
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Not listening to Trump does not make one ignorant. I would say just the opposite. But carry on.

added on edit: @phill4paul 's point is also valid...why bother when it'll just change by 4pm?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump said he would NOT submit TPP for ratification.

He also predicted a President Hillary would try to push through TPP after a few minor tweaks. Hillary is currently pretending like she opposes TPP after she wrote the damn thing.

I'd rather just wait .
    Not listening
    Please stop spamming this thread (mod edit).

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Not listening to Trump does not make one ignorant. I would say just the opposite. But carry on.

added on edit: @phill4paul 's point is also valid...why bother when it'll just change by 4pm?
    Supporting Trump and hanging on to his lie of the day just makes one willfully ignorant.

Trump said he will instruct his Commerce Secretary to catalog all violations of trade agreements by our "partners."

Trump said he will instruct his Treasury Secretary to label China a currency manipulator.

Trump called his plans outlined today "How to make American wealthy again."

Trump's plan is to make Trump wealthy again.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Our policy has changed from encouraging development in America, to encouraging development in other countries."

Trump: "It is the consequence of a leadersip class that worships globalism over Americanism. This is a direct affront to our Founding Fathers."

Trump slammed the Clinton Administration not just for NAFTA, but also for letting China in the WTO.

Trump cited a Bernie quote saying that Hillary voted for every horrible trade deal possible, costing the US millions of jobs.

Trump: "TPP... will undermine our independence. The TPP creates a new international commission that makes decisions the American people are not given the right to veto. These commisssions are great for Hillary's Wall St funders who can spend vast amounts of money to influence the people on the commission and the outcomes. It should be no surprise then, that Hillary Clinton, according to Bloomberg, took a leading part in drafting the TPP. She praised the TPP on 45 separate occasions and even called it "the gold standard."

"But when she saw my stance, she was shamed into saying she was against it too."

7 point plan

1. Withraw from TPP

2. Appoint the toughest, smartest trade negotiators

3. Commerce Sec to identify every violation by foreign govts & Direct agencies to use every appropriate tool to end these abuses

4. Tell NAFTA partners we are renegotiating. If they don't agree, we pull out under article 2205.

5. Have Treasury label China a currency manipulator.

6. Instruct the US Trade Representative to bring trade cases vs China, both in the US and at WTO.

7. If China does not stop illegal activites like theft of US trade secrets, Trump will use every lawful Presidential power to remedy trade disputes,including tarriffs consistent with Sec 201 and 301 of the Trade Act of 1974 and Section 232 of the Trade Expansion Act of 1962.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast