Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump: "I am a very stable genius"

Trump: "I am a very stable genius"

Just, LOLOLOL What was that old saw about not having to brag about or even bring up something if it's true?
    http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/06/politi...ius/index.html

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump slammed reports questioning his mental stability in a series of tweets Saturday morning, writing he's a "very stable genius" after the publication of an exposé about his first year as President put the White House into damage-control mode.

"Now that Russian collusion, after one year of intense study, has proven to be a total hoax on the American public, the Democrats and their lapdogs, the Fake News Mainstream Media, are taking out the old Ronald Reagan playbook and screaming mental stability and intelligence ... " Trump wrote, referring to questions raised about the mental fitness of the former President, who disclosed in 1994 that he had Alzheimer's disease.

"Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart," the President continued. "Crooked Hillary Clinton also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, went down in flames. I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star ... to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius ... and a very stable genius at that!"

After his tweets Saturday morning, Trump told reporters at Camp David that Wolff is a "fraud" who doesn't know him.
    "I went to the best colleges, or college," he told reporters. "I had a situation where I was a very excellent student, came out and made billions and billions of dollars, became one of the top business people, went to television and for 10 years was a tremendous success, as you probably have heard, ran for President one time and won. Then I hear this guy that doesn't know me at all, by the way, didn't interview me, said he interviewed me for three hours in the White House. Didn't exist, it's in his imagination."
    Trump continued: "I never interviewed with him in the White House at all; he was never in the Oval Office."
    Wolff told "Today" show host Savannah Guthrie on Friday that he "absolutely spoke to the President" while working on "Fire and Fury."
    "Whether he realized it was an interview or not, I don't know, but it certainly was not off the record," Wolff said. "I've spent about three hours with the President over the course of the campaign, and in the White House. So, my window into Donald Trump is pretty significant."
    The remarkable spectacle of Trump defending his mental stability comes after the President and some of his top officials spent the last few days countering claims in author Michael Wolff's new book, "Fire and Fury," about Trump's mental fitness to serve as President. The book, which went on sale Friday, also paints the picture of a President who neither knows nor cares about policy and doesn't seem to perceive the vast responsibilities of his role.
    CNN has not independently confirmed all of Wolff's assertions.
    Trump's tweets also come after reports surfaced that a dozen lawmakers from the House and Senate received a briefing from Yale psychiatrist Dr. Bandy X. Lee on Capitol Hill in early December about Trump's fitness to be president.
    "Lawmakers were saying they have been very concerned about this, the President's dangerousness, the dangers that his mental instability poses on the nation," Lee told CNN in a phone interview Thursday, "They know the concern is universal among Democrats, but it really depends on Republicans, they said. Some knew of Republicans that were concerned, maybe equally concerned, but whether they would act on those concerns was their worry."
    The briefing was previously reported by Politico. Lee, confirming the December 5 and 6 meeting to CNN, said that the group was evenly mixed, with House and Senate lawmakers, and included at least one Republican -- a senator, whom she would not name.
    Lee's public comments are highly unusual given protocols from medical professional organizations -- including the 37,000-member American Psychiatric Association -- banning psychiatrists from diagnosing patients without a formal examination.
    The White House has taken issue with the claims in Wolff's book since excerpts of it began to surface online ahead of its publication, with press secretary Sarah Sanders calling it "complete fantasy" and an attorney for Trump sending a "cease and desist" threat to the book's author and publisher.
    Trump issued a scathing statement on his former chief strategist, Steve Bannon, saying he had "lost his mind" after the book quoted Bannon making negative remarks about Trump and son Donald Trump Jr.
    The book quoted Bannon as calling a June 2016 meeting between a Russian lawyer and the President's eldest son, son-in-law Jared Kushner and then-campaign chairman Paul Manafort "treasonous" and "unpatriotic."
    Bannon also reportedly told Wolff: "They're going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV."
    Trump lit into Bannon in a tweet Friday night, saying he "cried when he got fired and begged for his job."
    "Michael Wolff is a total loser who made up stories in order to sell this really boring and untruthful book," Trump wrote. "He used Sloppy Steve Bannon, who cried when he got fired and begged for his job. Now Sloppy Steve has been dumped like a dog by almost everyone. Too bad!"

Wolff reiterated his belief that it is becoming a widespread view that Trump is unfit for presidency, telling BBC Radio in an interview overnight that it's a "very clear emperor-has-no-clothes effect."
    "The story that I have told seems to present this presidency in such a way that it says he can't do his job," Wolff said in the interview. "Suddenly everywhere people are going, 'Oh my God, it's true, he has no clothes.' That's the background to the perception and the understanding that will finally end ... this presidency."
    Secretary of State Rex Tillerson told CNN in an exclusive interview on Friday he's never questioned Trump's mental fitness, despite reports he once called Trump a "moron."
    "I've never questioned his mental fitness," Tillerson told CNN's Elise Labott. "I have no reason to question his mental fitness."
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    [Trump] is different than any other politician. And now we have all these wise acres out there wanting to criticize and be presumptuous about trying to judge someone’s intelligence. I can tell you he has the wherewithall to do things no other politician has, and in a good way.
    -Rand Paul

[Video] Rand Paul on Face the Nation w/ John Dickerson 1/7/17

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ckerson-1-7-17
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I am the very model of a modern Major General.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Trump has great mental stability, possibly even the best

Everybody thinks so
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I am the very model of a modern Major General.
    Every soldier carries a marshal's baton in his pack.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Every soldier carries a marshal's baton in his pack.
    I know the difference between a Mauser rifle and a javelin.

It's a big mistake to write him off as unstable, stupid, and now they are saying demented. From a strategic point of view, one of the worst things you can do is underestimate an opponent. From his point of view, the best thing he can do is convince someone that his strong points are his weak points, and he had succeeded greatly-- This is all classic Sun Tzu. Business men worship his writings.

From his press conferences and debates, he seems to thrive under pressure, not lose it. In fact I don't see how people can say that he has dementia or is not smart when he can carry on three or more contentious arguments with the press and dish out the perfect insults with good timing. I'm somewhat sharp witted, but I couldn't do what he does.

I am not saying he is intelligent-- I don't know that. But he's easily the sharpest and cleverest president that I can remember. He has many faults, but it is a mistake to believe he is stupid or slipping mentally

If he has a weakness, it is not instability under pressure but rather he may crave the attention and the adrenaline rush that comes from being under pressure.

anyone who can say that with a straight face is neither stable nor intelligent

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    anyone who can say that with a straight face is neither stable nor intelligent
    Have you ever been employed?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Have you ever been employed?
    of course, why?

of course, why?
    People say a lot of things with a straight face and without being questioned.

I understand completely . I am very stable myself . Having spent time in the north woods hunting though , I know even the wolf and Griz can be cunning and clever without being overly smart . I think people sometimes confuse these.

"Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart," the President continued. "Crooked Hillary Clinton also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, went down in flames. I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star ... to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius ... and a very stable genius at that!"
    I thought he ran in 2012, dropping out fairly early, yes?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    I thought he ran in 2012, dropping out fairly early, yes?
    As I understood it,it was only in the exploratory stage he never put his hat in the ring then he decided it wasn't the time.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I have learnt what progress had been made in modern gunnery...... I know more of tactics than a novice in a nunnery .....

My theory is that The Donald has given his son Barron his Twitter password and told him to Tweet whatever he wants, just pretend it's Daddy talking, if only to drive the media bananas...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I like how Trump gets all the idiots riled up by TYPING things like, "I'm, like, really smart"

He spent the extra time to type out ", like, ", as opposed to stumbling in his speech and saying it like most people do who would get criticized for saying it, and they criticize him like it was something he said. You have to be pretty dumb to fall for that

Ofc that is why he does it..
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

You must spread some reputation around..........
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I like how Trump gets all the idiots riled up by TYPING things like, "I'm, like, really smart"

He spent the extra time to type out ", like, ", as opposed to stumbling in his speech and saying it like most people do who would get criticized for saying it, and they criticize him like it was something he said. You have to be pretty dumb to fall for that

I didn't catch that tweet. That's pretty funny.

I would even like to see it. I would like to see the @Zippyjuan Group research that and post it, especially since they collect the bucks for doing research anyway. No sense us doing it for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I didn't catch that tweet. That's pretty funny.

I would even like to see it. I would like to see the @Zippyjuan Group research that and post it, especially since they collect the bucks for doing research anyway. No sense us doing it for free.

Personally I have never known genius and mental stability to coincide.

ymmv
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Personally I have never known genius and mental stability to coincide.

ymmv
    Usually only at the bottom of the scale has been my experience . Further up it goes the greater the chance of mental instability .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    DJTvsg

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

Here you and I agree. I've been saying from the beginning the guy is a troll genius. My bud Ross rightly took me srsly, and IIRC, you're the only one on this forum who "got it" way back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by buck000 View Post
    My theory is that The Donald has given his son Barron his Twitter password and told him to Tweet whatever he wants, just pretend it's Daddy talking, if only to drive the media bananas...
    Yes, that would explain many things.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I have learnt what progress had been made in modern gunnery...... I know more of tactics than a novice in a nunnery .....
    For those youngsters who don't know what the $#@! we are talking about:

For those youngsters who don't know what the $#@! we are talking about:

It is sad to think that some are so culturally deprived.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    As I understood it,it was only in the exploratory stage he never put his hat in the ring then he decided it wasn't the time.
    He entered the 2000 race as a Reform Party Candidate but later withdrew. One of his issues was that he wanted universal healthcare.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...umps-first-run

Trump entered the race in October and gained a great deal of media attention as a credible alternative to Buchanan. He won the California Reform Party primary and then proclaimed that he could run the United States. "I understand this stuff," he said. "I understand good times and I understand bad times. I mean, why is a politician going to do a better job than I am?"

As for rival Buchanan's hypothesis that Nazi Germany posed no direct threat to the United States, Trump said, "Look, he's a Hitler lover. I guess he's an anti-Semite. He doesn't like the blacks, he doesn't like the gays, it's just incredible that anybody could embrace this guy."

In response, Buchanan said he would not engage in name-calling exchanges, but made a thinly veiled attack against Trump, saying: "I don't believe the Reform Party nomination can be bought, and I don't believe the presidency can be bought."

In the end, Trump quit the race because he concluded that the Reform Party was self-destructing and could not provide the "support a candidate needs to win." (This was his quote in a press release and later on TV). He also said that since Ventura, his ally, had left the party, the Reform Party was being taken over by Buchanan.
    "I won on my first try." Except he didn't. He quit.

http://ballot-access.org/2011/12/25/...ial-primaries/

In 2000 he ran in a few Reform Party presidential primaries. He won the California Reform Party presidential primary, polling 15,311 votes; others who ran in that primary were George Weber with 9,390 votes; Robert Bowman, 4,879; John B. Anderson, 3,158; and Charles Collins, 1,837.

Trump ran in the 2000 Michigan Reform primary, polling 2,120 votes, defeating an uncommitted slate which got 630 votes. A slate of delegates pledged to him submitted a petition in the New York Independence Party presidential primary, but it was removed from the ballot on the technicality that he himself had not submitted the petition.

Trump could have run in the Missouri Reform primary in 2000, but he did not file there, and Pat Buchanan won that primary.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-09-2018 at 02:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast