Thread: Bannon Found Guilty of Contempt for Defying Jan. 6 Subpoena

Bannon Found Guilty of Contempt for Defying Jan. 6 Subpoena

Kangaroo court finds him guilty of defying details in a subpoena from another kangaroo court show trial. Let’s just face it. The left has fully taken the reins of power, with predictable results. BAMN. The ends justify the means. Some animals are more equal. Lie, cheat, steal and kill. Welcome to Soviet Amerika.

Bannon Found Guilty of Contempt for Defying Jan. 6 Subpoena

(Bloomberg) -- Steve Bannon was found guilty by a Washington jury of defying a subpoena from the congressional committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the US Capitol.

The verdict was reached after three hours of deliberation by the jury on Friday. The trial reached a quick close after only two witnesses testified for the government and Bannon’s attorneys decided against putting on a defense.
    The verdict was reached after three hours of deliberation by the jury on Friday. The trial reached a quick close after only two witnesses testified for the government and Bannon’s attorneys decided against putting on a defense.
    The government’s star witness was Kristin Amerling, chief counsel to the Jan. 6 committee, who testified that Bannon ignored multiple requests and warnings to comply with the subpoena. The committee demanded that Bannon send over documents by Oct. 7 and appear for testimony on Oct. 14, but he never did, Amerling told the jury on Wednesday.

She also said that he didn’t follow procedures attached to the subpoena if he wanted to request more time.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ena/ar-AAZScPF
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Could you imagine being on a jury for this? I mean, we wouldn't be picked of course, but just imagine . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Last edited by acptulsa; 07-22-2022 at 03:18 PM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

It should be a crime to NOT show contempt for something that is contemptable.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    It should be a crime to NOT show contempt for something that is contemptable.
    What would Congress consider a fitting punishment for a lack of contempt for Congress, do you suppose?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

He didn't even put up a defense, he expected the jury to rule against him, and he is ready for the appeal process.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    What would Congress consider a fitting punishment for a lack of contempt for Congress, do you suppose?
    I think a slap on the wrist is appropriate. Maybe a fine or something like a few days in jail. He is guilty, but it's not the crime of the century.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I think a slap on the wrist is appropriate. Maybe a fine or something like a few days in jail. He is guilty, but it's not the crime of the century.
    You didn't read that right.

Banning won't be in jail anywhere near as long as the J6 civilians.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    congress is in contempt of the public...and it is PALPABLE
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    congress is in contempt of the public...and it is PALPABLE
    Palpatine
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    Palpatine
    Pelositine

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Could you imagine being on a jury for this? I mean, we wouldn't be picked of course, but just imagine . . .
    I'm sure if there was a jury and a trial it wouldn't be viewed to the public and it'll be a behind the scenes trial.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Pelositine
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_XSShVAnkY
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Meanwhile, attempt to assassinate a sitting federal REPUBLICAN congressman and not only will you be treated with kid gloves, you'll be released, with no bail, the same day you're arrested.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

You didn't read that right.

Banning won't be in jail anywhere near as long as the J6 civilians.
    Ok I see what you did there now. I don't think the capitol rioters deserve more than a slap on the wrist either. A fine or a few days in jail seems about right.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    No where does the constitution grant the power of a sworn court of law to hold people in contempt.

It's only "implied" that the congress has that power.

See Marshall v. Gordon and Quinn v. United States.

The max penalty is a misdemeanor - $1000 fine and up to 12 months in jail.

He could have showed up and just taken the 5th.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Steve Bannon Joins Tucker Carlson following the Show Trial and Guilty Verdict in DC Court

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    You would probably be ordered to convict and if you disagreed you would either die of suicide or go to jail. Of course you would have a gag order to not speak of what is taking place.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No where does the constitution grant the power of a sworn court of law to hold people in contempt.

It's only "implied" that the congress has that power.

See Marshall v. Gordon and Quinn v. United States.

The max penalty is a misdemeanor - $1000 fine and up to 12 months in jail.

He could have showed up and just taken the 5th.
    He wanted to prove a point and was willing to accept the consequences. Even though I don't agree with him, I find his actions honorable.

Biden’s DOJ: political hit squad

Steve Bannon has been charged with contempt of Congress & found guilty, while Brennan, Clapper & others who lied to Congress have never been charged or prosecuted. This just shows yet again how the DOJ has been weaponized by those in power to go after their political opponents.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 07-26-2022 at 05:30 PM.