Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Judge Roy Moore leads competitors in runoff

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Why couldn't he just say "The allegations are completely false"?
    He has.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Couple thoughts:

1. The allegations ring true to me.

2. He's almost certainly cooked regardless.

3. I doubt he'd have been of much use anyway (more an evangelical culture warrior than a small government guy).

4. My main concern now is how Rand handles this. I wish he hadn't have endorsed him in the first place.
    MDS Moore Derangement Syndrome.
    Moore wrote dozens of articles for WND from 2006 to 2009.

I skimmed a random sample.

Here were the topics he wrote about in those articles:

anti abortion
    how Constitution based on Christianity
    pro death penalty
    people should respect the flag
    federalism (but actually about banning gay marriage, abortion, and restricting immigration)
    school prayer
    anti immigration
    profanity and Godlessness in the media
    anti lobbyist registration because it stifles Christian activism
    Christmas
    Jerry Falwell
    public religious displays
    how Christianity civilized the Indians

...yea, I must deranged for thinking he's an Evangelical culture warrior first and a small government guy second (or 99th, or not at all).

anti abortion
    pro death penalty
    federalism (but actually about banning gay marriage, abortion, and restricting immigration)
    school prayer
    anti immigration
    Christmas
    Jerry Falwell

...yea, I must deranged for thinking he's an Evangelical culture warrior first and a small government guy second (or 99th, or not at all).
    Your right.

Luther Strange will be much, much better.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Your right.

Luther Strange: votes for "clean" debt ceiling hike because McConnell asks him to

Roy Moore: votes for "clean" debt ceiling hike in exchange for McConnell's promise to put a Christmas tree on the Senate floor (next year)

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Your right.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

For all of those people who dared to dream that Congress would stop all of their partisan bickering and come together....

You have your wish.

In fact, it is becoming clear that they've been doing just that for a very long time.

anti abortion
    pro death penalty
    school prayer
    anti immigration
    Christmas
    Jerry Falwell

Had no accusations been proffered would you accept that Rand, having met him, when Moore snubbed McConnel, determined he would be an ally when considering foreign policy, would your determination be different?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Had no accusations been proffered would you accept that Rand, having met him, when Moore snubbed McConnel, determined he would be an ally when considering foreign policy, would your determination be different?
    If you're asking me whether Rand's endorsement changes my opinion of Moore, no, not really.

I don't know why Rand endorsed him.

It wasn't necessarily because Rand thought as much of Moore as some here.

Hell, Rand endorsed McConnell, for purely strategic reasons.

And I'm fine with such endorsements in general, but in this case, whatever the goal, it's not working out.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nobody thinks Menendez should resign until due process has run its course and the jury has spoken.

Bunch of hypocrites.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

If you're asking me whether Rand's endorsement changes my opinion of Moore, no, not really.

And I'm fine with such endorsements in general, but in this case, whatever the goal, it's not working out.
    Well, I just told you why Rand endorsed him. Specifically for Moore's Constitutional belief in war powers. Not the line that McConnell, McCain and Lindsey adhere to.

Well, I just told you why Rand endorsed him.
    Only Rand knows why Rand endorsed him. You told me what Rand said about the endorsement.

Maybe Rand knows something I don't, but I'm not seeing anything in Moore's record that instills confidence.

...on economic issues, war, or anything else of importance.

I see a culture warrior who talks about the Constitution, Ted Cruz on steroids.

Only Rand knows why Rand endorsed him. You told me what Rand said about the endorsement. .
    Well, $#@!, you caught me. Rand said what he said and I posted what he said. How much more could I be remiss. Done with you for the night.

I am certain it was because Moore is crazy and likely to be someone who will ally with Rand just because they are both outliers.

Rand could be a hero to everyone in this situation. The ballots can't be changed but even if Moore wins, he won't take office because the Senate will reject him. He is a child molester. Rand could tell Moore to say he will resign after getting elected if Mo Brooks is the replacement. That would save Moore the disgrace of getting rejected by the Senate, Moore's supporters will get someone who closer to their views, Brooks is better from a libertarian perspective, and it will prevent a Democrat from winning since Republicans won't actually be voting for Moore. Rand could save either a Democrat or establishment Republican from taking office by having Moore use what little leverage he has left to demand Brooks be who the Governor appoints in exchange for effectively dropping out.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 11-13-2017 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I am certain it was because Moore is crazy and likely to be someone who will ally with Rand just because they are both outliers.

Rand could be a hero to everyone in this situation. The ballots can't be changed but even if Moore wins, he won't take office because the Senate will reject him. He is a child molester. Rand could tell Moore to say he will resign after getting elected if Mo Brooks is the replacement. That would save Moore the disgrace of getting rejected by the Senate, Moore's supporters will get someone who closer to their views, Brooks is better from a libertarian perspective, and it will prevent a Democrat from winning since Republicans won't actually be voting for Moore.
    Moore is almost guaranteed to be innocent, the charges are extremely dubious.

Stop spreading Dem hysteria, if we let them do this to Moore they will do it to Brooks or Rand or anyone else.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Moore is almost guaranteed to be innocent, the charges are extremely dubious.

Stop spreading Dem hysteria, if we let them do this to Moore they will do it to Brooks or Rand or anyone else.
    Conspiracies this size can't/don't exist. There are too many people and too many moving parts.

And even if you reject all the evidence, his answers to Hannity were disqualifyingly bad for someone who is actually innocent.

And even if you believe he has a "faulty" memory about whether the dated underage girls, the guy refuses to debate his Democratic opponent' s view of "transgenderism." That doesn't seem like a very good reason to duck a debate.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 11-13-2017 at 10:17 PM.

Conspiracies this size can't/don't exist. There are too many people and too many moving parts.
    Bunk.

And even if you reject all the evidence, his answers to Hannity were disqualifyingly bad for someone who is actually innocent.
    Not really.

And even if you believe he has a "faulty" memory about whether the dated underage girls, the guy refuses to debate his Democratic opponent. That's not good.
    Why debate when you are ahead by double digits? all it does is give your enemy a chance to cut into your lead.

The problems with the accusers and their stories are much bigger than any you perceive with his response.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He has.
    Along with a lot of other statements that are ambiguous at best.

Why do we have to rally behind this guy again?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Rand could be a hero to everyone in this situation. The ballots can't be changed but even if Moore wins, he won't take office because the Senate will reject him. He is a child molester. Rand could tell Moore to say he will resign after getting elected if Mo Brooks is the replacement. That would save Moore the disgrace of getting rejected by the Senate, Moore's supporters will get someone who closer to their views, Brooks is better from a libertarian perspective, and it will prevent a Democrat from winning since Republicans won't actually be voting for Moore. Rand could save either a Democrat or establishment Republican from taking office by having Moore use what little leverage he has left to demand Brooks be who the Governor appoints in exchange for effectively dropping out.
    Your lips to God's ears.

It should've been Mo from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Along with a lot of other statements that are ambiguous at best.

Why do we have to rally behind this guy again?
    Because if we let them get away with it here they will pull this on Rand or [insert your favorite politician], and we don't want to hand the seat over to the Dems on a silver platter, AND MOST OF ALL BECAUSE HE IS INNOCENT.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"He is a child molester." How do you know that?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    "He is a child molester." How do you know that?
    Wishcraft.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Re the "they framed him" theory,

we don't want to hand the seat over to the Dems on a silver platter
    Do you think McConnell et al want to hand this seat, along with others in both houses, to the Dems in 2018? If not, do you think they'd risk painting themselves as the party of child molesters (what the Dems are already working on, I guarantee you), just to prevent Roy run-of-the-mill Christian conservative from entering the Senate? McConnell's a son of a bitch, but he's not an idiot.

Re the "they framed him" theory,

Do you think McConnell et al want to hand this seat, along with others in both houses, to the Dems in 2018?
    Yes.
    Anything it takes to stymie Trump and Bannon:

McConnell, Democrats Stalling Trump’s Conservative Judicial Nominees

If not, do you think they'd risk painting themselves as the party of child molesters (what the Dems are already working on, I guarantee you), just to prevent Roy run-of-the-mill Christian conservative hack from entering the Senate? McConnell a son of a bitch, but he's not an idiot.
    They are trying to paint the GOP establishment as being against sexual predators and the grassroots as being in favor of them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yes.

Anything it takes to stymie Trump and Bannon

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, $#@!, you caught me. Rand said what he said and I posted what he said. How much more could I be remiss. Done with you for the night.
    Maybe r3v can get us a chart to zipsplain what Rand really thinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Trump's judicial appointments are the best thing about him, and McConnell would rather hand congress over to the dems than lose the reigns of power to the Bannonites, no matter what you think of Bannon (and I do NOT think he is good enough) he is better than McConnell and has declared war on the McConnell wing of the party.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Has anyone really actually seen Zippy and Rev3 in the room at the same time?

Sen. Todd Young (R-Ind.) tweeted that if Moore doesn’t withdraw immediately from the race, “we need to act to protect the integrity of the Senate.” A spokeswoman declined to elaborate whether the freshman senator meant expulsion.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...y-moore-244840

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Jeb Bush says Roy Moore should step aside

In an exclusive interview, former Florida governor and GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush tells CNBC that Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore should step aside following sexual misconduct allegations.

Video at: https://finance.yahoo.com/video/jeb-...185700699.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Because if we let them get away with it here they will pull this on Rand or [insert your favorite politician], and we don't want to hand the seat over to the Dems on a silver platter, AND MOST OF ALL BECAUSE HE IS INNOCENT.
    Why haven't they done it already to someone like Rand? Why are dems accused of sexual abuse guilty but not this guy?

How much money has everyone donated to Roy Moore's campaign so far?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast