Thread: Windows 10 update removes Windows Media Player

Windows 10 update removes Windows Media Player

https://betanews.com/2017/10/09/wind...-media-player/

Windows 10 is a work in progress. Each new feature update adds additional functionality to the operating system, but it also often removes features for one reason or another.

I’ve previously covered the list of features being removed or deprecated in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, but Insiders testing the new operating system release can add one more major casualty to the lineup -- Windows Media Player.

While it could be argued that Windows Media Player is no longer an essential addition to Windows -- there are plenty of quality third-party alternatives, such as VLC Media Player, not to mention the Films & TV app in Windows 10 itself -- many users still rely on it.

The feature's removal came to light when users installed KB4046355 on devices running Windows 10 version 1709 -- the Fall Creators Update.

Other updates uninstall non microsoft products as well. At least one thing is consistent: Windows 10 still sucks ass and is pure spyware garbage.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    pcgame

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    [url]
    Other updates uninstall non microsoft products as well. At least one thing is consistent: Windows 10 still sucks ass and is pure spyware garbage.
    I actually think Windows 10 is awesome and is the best version of Windows yet. Windows 10 isn't as buggy/glitchy as other versions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pcgame View Post
    I actually think Windows 10 is awesome and is the best version of Windows yet. Windows 10 isn't as buggy/glitchy as other versions as well.
    So in other words, it's the smartest kid at the Special Olympics.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

At least one thing is consistent: Windows 10 still sucks ass and is pure spyware garbage.
    I don't think your mom would be concerned.

Well, only if you dont mind EVERYONE knowing exactly what youre doing, when youre doing it, and with beyond creepy levels of "telemetry", then the more power to you.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

pcgame

Well, only if you dont mind EVERYONE knowing exactly what youre doing, when youre doing it, and with beyond creepy levels of "telemetry", then the more power to you.
    Well what OS are you suggesting people use?

Well what OS are you suggesting people use?
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search....&query=openbsd

pcgame

the problem with all these alternative OS like linux and openBSD is all the compatibility issues and all the things you gotta do to just get stuff running properly, not everyone has time to deal with that and even if they did you cant ever run computer games optimally because you have to use a windows emulater (wine or crossover).

as for mac os vs windows 10, i think windows 10 is a clear winner these days. There used to be a big difference with Apple OS having far less bugs than windows, but I think windows has just began to catch up.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.