Thread: Alcohol-fueled Ohio Amish party raided, 73 arrested...

Alcohol-fueled Ohio Amish party raided, 73 arrested...

Whatever would we do without cops to save us from these thugs....

MILLERSBURG (AP) — Authorities in the heart of Ohio’s Amish country say they arrested more than 70 people in a raid at a weekend party in a field that was expected to attract hundreds of Amish youth.

More than 40 officers converged Saturday on the Hardy Township field west of Millersburg off of Rt. 39 after concerned parents notified the Holmes County sheriff’s office of a large party expected to attract over 1,000 Amish from Ohio and neighboring states.

Investigators say 73 people, including 35 juveniles, were taken into custody and charged with underage consumption of alcohol.

The Daily Record of Wooster reports that some also face charges of resisting arrest, and two were taken to a hospital for alcohol related-illness.

The Times-Reporter of New Philadelphia reports that a similar party had taken place at the same location on Memorial Day.

Holmes County deputies were assisted in the raid by deputies from Carroll, Coshocton, Tuscarawas and Wayne counties. The Millersburg Police Department also assisted with transporting people to the county jail.

The Amish are a Christian sect whose members live a simple lifestyle and shun modern conveniences.

“Hopefully, this sent a message to the kids that they shouldn’t be drinking unless they’re over 21,” said Holmes County Sheriff Tim Zimmerly said. “We’re not going to tolerate these kinds of parties.”
    http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...ty-raided.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Only a hardcore commie dicksucker would raid an Amish youth party.

Thank God they cops were there to break up this hedonistic abomination.

It's not like young people have been experimenting with alcohol since, oh, I don't know, the friggin' beginning of time.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Thank God they cops were there to break up this hedonistic abomination.
    Totally, I mean some of them might have drank and drove home... wait... galloped home.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Only a hardcore commie dicksucker would raid an Amish youth party.
    Sir, I owe you a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Totally, I mean some of them might have drank and drove home... wait... galloped home.
    An Amish drive-by shooting sounds like this:

clop clop clop bang bang clop clop clop
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Partying like it's 1699?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

This is phawkin absurd.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    This is phawkin absurd.
    No, it's government. Is what they do.
    "The Patriarch"

The Ohio Amish Party has my vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

T-shirt in the grocery store today:

_ Democratic Party

_Republican Party

X- Pizza party!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    T-shirt in the grocery store today:

_ Democratic Party

_Republican Party

X- Pizza party!!!
    Wut?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    This is phawkin absurd.
    Yep.

And why is it that you can die for your country at 18 but get arrested for drinking until 21? Makes absolutely no sense.
    Last edited by Ender; 09-08-2016 at 12:51 AM.
    There is no spoon.

I'm sure this was for the kids and they were arrested so that alcohol wouldn't put a stain on their permanent life record....

Oh wait.
    No - No - No - No

The Amish life looks horribly boring. Let them get drunk

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    The Amish life looks horribly boring. Let them get drunk
    really? it seems like it would be the exact opposite of boring to me, always with something to do. Maybe "tedious" would be a better word than "boring".
    Last edited by specsaregood; 09-08-2016 at 08:22 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Yep.

And why is it that you can die for your country at 18 but get arrested for drinking until 21? Makes absolutely no sense.
    i was paying taxes at 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    No, it's government. Is what they do.

It's ALL they do.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul