Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TRUMP/GABBARD 2020

TRUMP/GABBARD 2020

Why not?

Tulsi is a smart, reasonable woman. What a unifying effect it would have on the country.

Trump/Paul would be a major step forward of course... But having a Democrat female as a running mate would be a masterstroke.

The mainstream media and Democrat establishment hate her, which is a big plus.

4D chess at it's finest.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 06-28-2019 at 02:33 AM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't think Trump wants to give the left an extra incentive to assassinate him.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Sounds better than Trump/Pence
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

I don't think Trump would ever choose her for anything let alone as a running mate.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Not possible, Gabbard had made some statements very critical of our closest ally and would never pass smell test by Jarvanka and top donors (although top donors would be exiting anyway very likely).

More natural ticket would be:

Trump-Booker 2020
    I would still vote for Trump with Gabbard on the ticket but not way in hell with Booker.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I would still vote for Trump with Gabbard on the ticket but not way in hell with Booker.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Not possible, Gabbard had made some statements very critical of our closest ally and would never pass smell test by Jarvanka and top donors (although top donors would be exiting anyway very likely).

More natural ticket would be:

Trump-Booker 2020

Seriously, where do you come up with this stuff?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would vote for the Libertarian
    Do something Danke

No. No. No.

Gabbard = #nochildbornalive
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Why not?

Tulsi is a smart, reasonable woman. What a unifying effect it would have on the country.

Trump/Paul would be a major step forward of course... But having a Democrat female as a running mate would be a masterstroke.

The mainstream media and Democrat establishment hate her, which is a big plus.

4D chess at it's finest.
    A much better idea:

Memo To Trump: Trade Bolton For Tulsi

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Nah , libertarians are just secretly excited about voting for a dem with a 30 percent freedom index.
    Do something Danke

im not sure why the whole liberty movement is on-board with her campaign. she has a couple bad votes on AUMF if i remember correctly and on top of that she is terrible on everything that is not foreign policy. medicare for all? Green new deal?
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    im not sure why the whole liberty movement is on-board with her campaign. she has a couple bad votes on AUMF if i remember correctly and on top of that she is terrible on everything that is not foreign policy. medicare for all? Green new deal?
    Yes, noninterventionists are so desperate to hear good things that they get carried away and don't stop to look for hypocrisy or poison pills.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Well if the choices are: Trump/Booker or Trump/Gabbard or Trump/Bolton vs Bill Weld and any of the 20 Dems running?

I am not happy about Gabbard but still better than Bolton, Booker on the VP pick compared to Weld and any of the 20 Dems running. So I would hold my nose and still vote for Trump in that case.

Just saying can't do it with Booker or Bolton.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Well if the choices are: Trump/Booker or Trump/Gabbard or Trump/Bolton vs Bill Weld and any of the 20 Dems running?

I am not happy about Gabbard but still better than Bolton, Booker on the VP pick compared to Weld and any of the 20 Dems running. So I would hold my nose and still vote for Trump in that case.

Just saying can't do it with Booker or Bolton.
    Never. Not in a million years.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not saying anyone should vote for her but the AUMF was voted on in 2001? She didn't get to congress until a few years ago. Are you referring to the annual NDAA?
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Nah , libertarians are just secretly excited about voting for a dem with a 30 percent freedom index.
    Out of curiosity. How does Donald Trump do on the freedom index?

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Not saying anyone should vote for her but the AUMF was voted on in 2001? She didn't get to congress until a few years ago. Are you referring to the annual NDAA?
    Here are some examples:

https://www.thenewamerican.com/freedom-index

Dist.2: Tulsi Gabbard - 31%

H RES 397: NATO
    Vote Date: June 27, 2017 Vote: AYE Bad Vote.
    This legislation (H. Res. 397) “solemnly reaffirms the commitment of the United States to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization’s principle of collective defense as enumerated in Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty.” Under Article 5, the member nations of the NATO military alliance “agree that an armed attack against one or more of them ... shall be considered an attack against them all.”

The House passed H. Res. 397 on June 27, 2017 by a lopsided vote of 423 to 4 (Roll Call 328). We have assigned pluses to the nays not only because the United States should stay clear of entangling alliances such as NATO, but also because the NATO provision that obligates the United States to go to war if any member of NATO is attacked undermines the provision in the U.S. Constitution that assigns to Congress the power to declare war. Moreover, the number of nations that the United States has pledged to defend under NATO has grown from 11 to 28 over the years, as the alliance itself has grown from 12 member nations (including the United States) when NATO was created in 1949 to 29 today. Although NATO was ostensibly formed to counter the threat from the Soviet bloc of nations, some of the nations the United States is now pledged to defend under NATO were once part of that bloc, including Albania, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic (as part of Czechoslovakia), Hungary, Poland, and Romania.

H R 5293: Authorization for Use of Military Force
    Vote Date: June 16, 2016 Vote: NAY Bad Vote.
    During consideration of the Defense Appropriations bill (H.R. 5293), Representative Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) introduced an amendment to prohibit the use of funds in the bill for the 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force Act. Enacted in the wake of 9/11, the AUMF authorized the president to “use all necessary and appropriate force” against the terrorists involved, as well as those who aided or harbored them. It was used as the authorization for U.S. military entry into Afghanistan in 2001, and over the years has also been invoked on other occasions by the executive branch to justify U.S. military intervention abroad.

The House rejected Lee’s amendment on June 16, 2016 by a vote of 146 to 274 (Roll Call 330). We have assigned pluses to the yeas because presidents have been able to claim broad authority to go to war whenever or wherever they choose under the AUMF, despite the fact that the Founding Fathers never intended for one man to make this decision, and under the Constitution only Congress may “declare war.”

H R 4909: Use of Military Force
    Vote Date: May 18, 2016 Vote: NAY Bad Vote.
    During consideration of the National Defense Authorization Act (H.R. 4909), Representative Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) introduced an amendment to repeal the Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF) that was enacted in 2001 for the purpose of authorizing U.S. military intervention in Afghanistan in the wake of the 9/11 terror attacks. Since then, however, the AUMF has been invoked numerous times by the executive branch for U.S. military intervention not only in Afghanistan but elsewhere.

The House rejected Lee’s amendment on May 18, 2016 by a vote of 138 to 285 (Roll Call 210). We have assigned pluses to the yeas because presidents have been able to claim broad authority to go to war whenever or wherever they choose under the AUMF, despite the fact that the Founding Fathers never intended for one man to make this decision, and under the Constitution only Congress may “declare war.”

H RES 162: Calling on the President to provide Ukraine with military assistance to defend its sovereignty and territorial integrity.
    Vote Date: March 23, 2015 Vote: AYE Bad Vote.
    Ukraine Military Aid.
    House Resolution 162, which calls on the president "to provide Ukraine with military assistance to defend its sovereignty and territorial integrity," allows President Obama to provide Ukraine with defensive weapons to defend against aggression from Russia.

The House adopted H. Res. 162 on March 23, 2015 by a vote of 348 to 48 (Roll Call 131). We have assigned pluses to the nays not only because foreign aid is unconstitutional but also because this bill would further interject the United States into a foreign conflict. Allowing the U.S. president to provide lethal arms to Ukraine in order to fight Russia is tantamount to waging a proxy war on Russia without the constitutionally required congressional declaration of war. The House, by giving such power to the president, is relinquishing one of its constitutional responsibilities.

H R 4870: On Agreeing to the Amendment 51 to H R 4870
    Vote Date: June 19, 2014 Vote: NAY Bad Vote.
    Weapons to Syrian Rebels.
    During consideration of the Defense Appropriations bill, Representative Jeff Fortenberry (R-Neb.) introduced an amendment that would have prohibited any funding in the bill from being used to provide weapons to Syrian rebels. Fortenberry noted on the House floor that "the rebel movement is a battleground of shifting alliances and bloody conflicts between groups that now include multinational terrorist organizations," that "sending our weapons into this chaotic war zone could inadvertently help these extremists," and that "it has already happened." He added: "The naive notion that we can deliver weapons to vetted, moderate opposition groups at war with other rebel militias gives no guarantee that our weaponry won't be seized or diverted."

The House rejected Fortenberry's amendment on June 19, 2014 by a vote of 167 to 244 (Roll Call 328). We have assigned pluses to the yeas because arming "moderate" rebels in a foreign country is tantamount to going to war, which would require a declaration of war by Congress. Also, the United States should follow the Founders' advice not to become involved in foreign quarrels

H R 4152: To provide for the costs of loan guarantees for Ukraine
    Vote Date: April 1, 2014 Vote: AYE Bad Vote.
    Ukraine Aid.

This bill (H.R. 4152), as amended by the Senate (see Senate vote below), would provide $150 million for direct aid to Ukraine. It would also provide for loan guarantees (meaning that U.S. taxpayers would be stuck holding the bag if the loans are not paid). And it would impose sanctions on Russian and ex-Ukrainian officials deemed responsible for the crisis in the Ukraine.

[ The Senate version of this legislation - offered in the form of a substitute amendment to the House version, H.R. 4152 - would provide $150 million for direct aid to Ukraine. It would also provide for loan guarantees (meaning that the U.S. taxpayers would be stuck holding the bag if the loans are not paid). And it would impose sanctions on Russian and ex-Ukrainian officials deemed responsible for the crisis in the Ukraine. ]

The House voted for this legislation on April 1, 2014 by a vote of 378 to 34 (Roll Call 149). We have assigned pluses to the nays because foreign aid is unconstitutional. The rationale for providing U.S. aid to Ukraine is that the country needs our assistance to resist Russian hegemony and build "democracy." Yet the oligarchs wielding power in Ukraine are hardly "democrats," and (because money is fungible) U.S. assistance could effectively be funneled to Russia in the form of Ukrainian energy and debt payments.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Since he isn't in Congress he isn't listed there.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I would vote for the Libertarian
    I voted for Ron Paul, not the libertarian party.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Not listed but my guess is just slightly better than libertarian party spokesman Sarwark .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    I voted for Ron Paul, not the libertarian party.
    I voted for Rand in the primary and for myself in the general . Planning on voting for myself again , but I would never consider voting for trump if he picked any dem house or senate member as vp . That would be the same as actually voting for one of these commie dem candidates . Trump could actually lose the election by a landslide by picking a dem .
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-28-2019 at 08:58 PM.
    Do something Danke

I don't think they are? Or at least not the ones that have seen this movie before. I expect that the "Dem establishment hates her" line that the OP (a poster of questionable intelligence or questionable intentions, if he still thinks Trump isn't fully controlled and complicit) floated would be very similar to the "establishment hates Trump" nonsense that was floated in 2016. Since it worked so well to get NYC billionaire life-long Democrat donor Trump into the WH as a populist Republican, I don't see why they wouldn't run the same playbook on the left, when people are clamoring for something new.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump won't be the next POTUS, nor will amused assorted retarded Democrats,..

I'tll be Biden.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 06-28-2019 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Trump won't be the next POTUS, nor will be assorted retarded Democrats,

I'tll be Biden.
    LOL

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    LOL

I’d vote for Trump/Brat.

Dave should be available.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

If clowns were politicians, that would be an opportunity to walk past circus clowns, and not care about them even a little.

The whole liberty movement? I don't think so, I'm not. I bet if you did a poll here she would get 25 % or less.
    "The Patriarch"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast