Thread: Google is Erasing History (And Censoring Today)

Google is Erasing History (And Censoring Today)

One of the great things about the internet has been the ability to look up old news, and to find things both current and from the past. To do that, you are required to use a tool, and there aren’t many choices, with the vast majority of people using Google to search.

But try to do a search today with Google, and you might have problems finding any information more than a week old. Did you want find an older quote that you remember from Obama, Clinton or Bush? You might be surprised to find that Google brings back results from the current day, and maybe the past week. It’s as if history no longer exists.

Google is part of the Big Brother complex, and they are implementing another Orwellian feature to their search engine. Call it the “memory hole”.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Tried out Bing vs. Google for the same search. Wow. Google is really censoring results! Even from today, not just history.

This is blatant.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-24-2019 at 10:01 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Searching the internet has indeed become a very different process since CIA baby Google usurped the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

I love this post, so glad I'm not the only one that noticed what the control freaks were up to.

I have complained till blue about this, there was a search function that ended 7 to 10 years ago,
    whereby you could look up/filter , and get articles from LA TIMES for example, or the Herald etc
    from 1946 etc, now google and other search engine have completely eliminated the ability
    to read articles as they had been printed ''DURING THE EVENTS'' .

Now the Globalist, Liberal, Revisionist can reshape the past (History) , disgusting isn't it......

Here's another example of what is re AI'd in a search return;

Query;
    Obama Says you can keep your doctor quote.

Return;
    Obama wins Nobel Prize , Most Americans Hate Trump.

: ) , funny yes, but this is literally the style adopted by Google.

Google is $#@! . Everyone knows it .
    Do something Danke

One of the great things about the internet has been the ability to look up old news, and to find things both current and from the past. To do that, you are required to use a tool, and there aren’t many choices, with the vast majority of people using Google to search.

But try to do a search today with Google, and you might have problems finding any information more than a week old. Did you want find an older quote that you remember from Obama, Clinton or Bush? You might be surprised to find that Google brings back results from the current day, and maybe the past week. It’s as if history no longer exists.

Google is part of the Big Brother complex, and they are implementing another Orwellian feature to their search engine. Call it the “memory hole”.
    I assume you already know that there is a feature with Google that allows you to search a specific date range. The thing is though, I have found the Bing date range search tool to be much more effective than Google's for finding news articles more than about 5 years old. There is a huge difference between the two and you will find many more old news articles with Bing.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    I assume you already know that there is a feature with Google that allows you to search a specific date range. The thing is though, I have found the Bing date range search tool to be much more effective than Google's for finding news articles more than about 5 years old. There is a huge difference between the two and you will find many more old news articles with Bing.
    Yeah, I have used that feature in the past. It no longer exists on a mobile device though (which includes various pads):

Google is removing the custom date range search filter for mobile users
    Mobile searchers on Google will no longer be able to use the custom date range search filter. To access that feature, they need to go to the desktop version of Google.
    Barry Schwartz on June 17, 2016
    https://searchengineland.com/google-...e-users-252128
    And I’ll try out Bing. Tried everything but Bing!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Google is not leading the way on this. Liberals have been rewriting history for decades. Google is just following suit.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    I love this post, so glad I'm not the only one that noticed what the control freaks were up to.

I have complained till blue about this, there was a search function that ended 7 to 10 years ago,
    whereby you could look up/filter , and get articles from LA TIMES for example, or the Herald etc
    from 1946 etc, now google and other search engine have completely eliminated the ability
    to read articles as they had been printed ''DURING THE EVENTS'' .

Now the Globalist, Liberal, Revisionist can reshape the past (History) , disgusting isn't it......

Here's another example of what is re AI'd in a search return;

Query;
    Obama Says you can keep your doctor quote.

Return;
    Obama wins Nobel Prize , Most Americans Hate Trump.

: ) , funny yes, but this is literally the style adopted by Google.

Exactly. It is a noticeable change in Google search behavior.

They prefer to return results that are only hours or days old. And extending your hypothetical example, they often return results without a keyword. “Missing: doctor ‎| ‎Must include: ‎doctor”. Of course if it is a very famous incident, Google will return something about it.

Pure speculation, but if Google wanted to exclude results that they consider “fake news” (as specified by NewsGuard, the SPLC, the Atlantic Council and the NYT), it would be a huge task to categorize results, and it would be much easier to categorize and filter current news.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, I have used that feature in the past. It no longer exists on a mobile device though (which includes various pads):

And I’ll try out Bing. Tried everything but Bing!
    Bing is Microsoft right?

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Bing is Microsoft right?
    I believe so.

I believe so.
    Just pointing out the source privacy problems that might come along with that reality too. MS is the last one you can trust for privacy in a search engine, or an OS.

But know what? Even though they are as bad as google with tracking, their search results are actually not as manipulated and tend to be more comprehensive and straight up without hiding stuff.

Exactly. It is a noticeable change in Google search behavior.

They prefer to return results that are only hours or days old. And extending your hypothetical example, they often return results without a keyword. “Missing: doctor ‎| ‎Must include: ‎doctor”. Of course if it is a very famous incident, Google will return something about it.

Pure speculation, but if Google wanted to exclude results that they consider “fake news” (as specified by NewsGuard, the SPLC, the Atlantic Council and the NYT), it would be a huge task to categorize results, and it would be much easier to categorize and filter current news.

The beauty of the search 10 years ago was that you could literally set the date or :

Before 1967

Also;

Between 1973 and 1977 .

This was an awesome feature, but a danger to Globalism .

I use startpage, supposedly doesn't track, but it still uses Google's engine and Duck Duck has proven for
    me to be just as useless as them all .

The beauty of the search 10 years ago was that you could literally set the date or :

Before 1967

Also;

Between 1973 and 1977 .

This was an awesome feature, but a danger to Globalism .

I use startpage, supposedly doesn't track, but it still uses Google's engine and Duck Duck has proven for
    me to be just as useless as them all .
    Google "earth" is also now back checking themselves because setting back to an earlier date imaging shows things they think we should not see. It's all about information control.

I am now having problems with DDG also because the first two pages are sponsors ads, relevant or not to my search.

Google "earth" is also now back checking themselves because setting back to an earlier date imaging shows things they think we should not see. It's all about information control.

I am now having problems with DDG also because the first two pages are sponsors ads, relevant or not to my search.
    The internet that freed us is now trying to enslave us.

...and wikileaks has removed all references to Ron Paul from the Tea Party movement entry.

The internet that freed us is now trying to enslave us.
    Yep.. Out of reps man...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I take it Google won't stop doing that anytime soon?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    ...and wikileaks has removed all references to Ron Paul from the Tea Party movement entry.
    Do you mean wikiPEDIA?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Yep.. Out of reps man...
    Ha ha, me too , I'm always out of reps...

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Do you mean wikiPEDIA?
    Oh yeah - I meant wikipedia!

Tried out Bing vs. Google for the same search. Wow. Google is really censoring results! Even from today, not just history.

This is blatant.

This is blatant.
    Qwant uses Bing and doesn't track you.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Tried a date range search on Bing. It was limited to the past year. Could not go further back. The end of history.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    Hmm...

Big brother would be proud. Soviet Amerika, courtesy of “private” corporations.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tried a date range search on Bing. It was limited to the past year. Could not go further back. The end of history.
    You don't need to remember more. It might hurt your brain.

Yep.. Out of reps man...
    Got that. What was given is now taken away.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Got that. What was given is now taken away.
    Lol... Late to the party bro? It is what it is man...
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

It should work as long as you manually enter the year numbers instead of relying at the arrows to navigate from month to month. If you use the arrows you can only go back a year.

It should work as long as you manually enter the year numbers instead of relying at the arrows to navigate from month to month. If you use the arrows you can only go back a year.
    May be a device issue. On portable devices, you can’t manually enter a year, the only option is the pop-up calendar.

Unfortunately, rewriting history has gone on well before the dawn of Google.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi