Thread: Judge John Roll - Killed in AZ attack was judge that ruled Brady Bill was unconstitutional

Exclamation Judge John Roll - Killed in AZ attack was judge that ruled Brady Bill was unconstitutional

Among other judges.

Huge Hat Tip to Mrs. AF for pointing this out to me.

In 1994, Roll was one of several district court judges who held that provisions of the Brady Law violated the Tenth Amendment,[2] a holding upheld by the Supreme Court in the related case of Printz v. United States.
    There was also this:
    In 2009, Roll ruled that the case Vicente v. Barnett could go forward. The $32 million lawsuit brought by the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF) against Arizona rancher Roger Barnett on behalf of 16 Mexican plaintiffs charged that the plaintiffs were assaulted, threatened, and held at gunpoint by Barnett and members of his family. After Roll's ruling and prompted by several talk-radio programs, he was the subject of hundreds of complaining phone calls and death threats and he and his family were under the protection of the U.S. Marshals Service for a month.[3][4][5] Roll declined to press charges when some of those who made threats were identified.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Roll
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He also allowed a case to go forward where illegal aliens wanted millions of dollars because a rancher pointed a gun at them on his own property.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...#ixzz1AW3hFsIN

Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post
    He also allowed a case to go forward where illegal aliens wanted millions of dollars because a rancher pointed a gun at them on his own property.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...#ixzz1AW3hFsIN
    If he forced them to stay on his property, I'd say that would be a good thing for the judge to have allowed it to go forward.

I have absolutely no problem with defending your property, but taking someone captive is a whole different ballgame.

I wonder why a Republican judge would drop by a Democratic campaign rally. they were of different generations so doubt they knew each other socially.

Quote Originally Posted by __27__ View Post
    If he forced them to stay on his property, I'd say that would be a good thing for the judge to have allowed it to go forward.

I have absolutely no problem with defending your property, but taking someone captive is a whole different ballgame.
    Agreed, there's a HUGE difference between "get the $#@! off my land" and unlawful imprisonment.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom 4 all View Post
    Agreed, there's a HUGE difference between "get the $#@! off my land" and unlawful imprisonment.
    It also perfectly understandable why this was the outcome. The farmer obviously wanted to make a statement and his zealous pursuit of it ended up going overboard. Anyways the judge sounds like a constitutional guy, what would he be doing around a dem politician? Just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."