View Poll Results: How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

4 30.77%

0 0%

1 7.69%
  • Ask Mr. Swordsmyth, for he is the wisest of us all.

8 61.54%

Thread: How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

How many?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Three, mister owl bites.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Three, mister owl bites.

Damn that Mr. Owl!
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Three...everybody knows that.

Purdue University

A group of engineering students from Purdue University reported that its licking machine, modeled after a human tongue, took an average of 364 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. Twenty of the group's volunteers assumed the licking challenge-unassisted by machinery-and averaged 252 licks each to the center.

University of Michigan

Not to be outdone by a Big Ten rival, a chemical engineering doctorate student from the University of Michigan recorded that his customized licking machine required 411 licks to reach the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop. (411-364. Go Blue!)

Swarthmore Junior High School

Rejecting the notion that one needed active college status to undertake the Tootsie Pop licking challenge, a group of junior high students at Swarthmore School used human lickers, reporting an average of 144 licks to reach the center of a Tootsie Pop.

Based on the wide range of results from these scientific studies, it is clear that the world may never know how many licks it really takes to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop.
    http://tootsie.com/howmanylick-experiments
    Chris

Thanks for the poll!

My vote is winning
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Thanks for the poll!

My vote is winning

That's cause you ROCK ... the vote.
    Chris

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    3> but <252
    42ish?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Are we talkin' professional or amateur lickers? And is SS a professional licker? If so, has he obtained the proper permit to lick and is said permit prominently displayed for the health inspector?

Question is too vague and poll does not have enough options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Are we talkin' professional or amateur lickers? And is SS a professional licker? If so, has he obtained the proper permit to lick and is said permit prominently displayed for the health inspector?

Question is too vague and poll does not have enough options.

First try. I'll do better next time.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    First try. I'll do better next time.
    It's okay. I rarely vote. As a matter of fact, I can only recall voting in two polls over the past few years. One was Occam's Not enough options Poll and the other was a Walking Dead Poll. I only remember the WD poll because The Texan recently thanked me for my vote.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Eugene and NEGAN are still in a dead heat.
    The race is too close to call. vote vote vote

Mr Owl was a cheater and his count should be disqualified. Also, his three licks were lame. He has a nasty little bird tongue (bird tongues gross me out) and I bet I could do more in one lick than he did in three.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Eugene and NEGAN are still in a dead heat.
    The race is too close to call. vote vote vote
    If I switch to Democrat can I vote again?

I'd have to redo the poll. Eugene for obvious reasons is its Democrat.
    I was pegging NEGAN as being more GOP. I think your option is the
    third party one. You, me and TheTexan voted. If you want to sway the
    good folks here to one side or the other in the current poll, be my guest!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Sure. Or register Republican and use electronic voting. As long as you vote for a Republican approved option, your vote will count for as many needed to "deliver the election to " the Republican option. Something about the CEO of Diebold and Bush in Ohio.
    Chris

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggg I think was my Green Party option...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

You're makin me all nostalgic, man.
    Chris

Mr Owl was a cheater and his count should be disqualified. Also, his three licks were lame. He has a nasty little bird tongue (bird tongues gross me out) and I bet I could do more in one lick than he did in three.

We may have to bring in some licking experts to get to the bottom of this thing. Know any?
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Bill Clinton is a Biter - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ton-is-a-Biter

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    We may have to bring in some licking experts to get to the bottom of this thing. Know any?
    Some of our resident bootlickers may know how many licks it takes to get to the foot.

Those skills may or may not be transferable to tootsie pops.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Some of our resident bootlickers may know how many licks it takes to get to the foot.

ROTFL! I'd +rep you if I could.
    Chris

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    More than 364
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to r3volution 3.0 again.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.