Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold and Silver Predictions for 2014

Gold and Silver Predictions for 2014

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Gold could go below $1000 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    As long as the Fed keeps up the QE, Gold is only going to go up.

First rule of investing: never make predictions.

Srsly, market timing is equal to gambling.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Yeah , or $1350 , I have no idea. I do know this , I would never be caught dead just holding stocks and FRN's . because they could go to zero .

I would like to thank Danke for being optimistic on gold which caused me to get a little more @ $1200 .

Sometimes an old guy can use another persons perspective

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't think gold will crack $1500 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    I don't think gold will crack $1500 this year.
    I would be surprised as well , if it did .

Gold and silver just went over their respective 200 MDA a few days ago. Gold crossing the 1400$ mark in short order is very likely.

Based on the way silver behaves (faster to go down, faster to go up); going into the 25-26$ range, also in short order, is likely.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Gold and silver just went over their respective 200 MDA a few days ago. Gold crossing the 1400$ mark in short order is very likely.

Based on the way silver behaves (faster to go down, faster to go up); going into the 25-26$ range, also in short order, is likely.
    I agree.

Am long both gold and silver.

Both metals are carving out what looks like massive W bottoms on the weekly chart.

Target if the pattern completes is $1600 for gold and $30 for silver.

Quote Originally Posted by DFF View Post
    I agree.

Am long both gold and silver.

Both metals are carving out what looks like massive W bottoms on the weekly chart.

Target if the pattern completes is $1600 for gold and $30 for silver.
    That would work.

This is what I see forming on gold (similar pattern on silver):

LibForestPaul

God I hope so. I missed last buying opportunity.

LibForestPaul

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    First rule of investing: never make predictions.

Srsly, market timing is equal to gambling.
    At least you did not say free market timing.

Now market rigging is a sure thing.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibForestPaul View Post
    God I hope so. I missed last buying opportunity.
    I hope so too, that would mean the economy was getting better and I would also start to buy a lot more gold with my extra cash.

Unfortunately I think Zippy is going to be very wrong about his sub $1000 gold prediction for 2014. Not looking good so far...

$1328.70

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I would like to thank Danke for being optimistic on gold which caused me to get a little more @ $1200 .
    You should include him in your will.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I believe that gold is good as a long term investment. About 3-10% of your total portfolio. 10% being on the very aggressive side... James Rickards predicts gold at $7,000/ounce in the next few years - http://goldsilverinvestments.net/inv...arget-7000-00/ If so, now is a buying opportunity.

Thanks to economic worries, gold has just hit it's highest in 6 months - http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2...tcmp=obnetwork

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    You should include him in your will.
    I already had you penciled in for some 12 Ga slugs , couple of old silver pc.'s , some bird seed .....I could cut you in on a rare solid gold California gold pc. , but you would have to commit to the poll bearer list for that , bright side for you is , though , you could probably pick up some young lady at the funeral .

It is intersting that rising housing prices means a bubble and rising gold prices are simply "what must happen".

Oh silver is going to go crazy you know. Just pull up the gold/silver ratio at netdania.com or wherever you want zoom out untill 2010 and everybody should be able to spot the 2-3 year trendline that has just broken today.

If gold breaks 1370ish, a new bull market will be born which will be far crazier than the last one which went +150% in gold. I would expect to see +$3500 gold and +$100 silver before we get another negative return yoy. Note this is not for 2014 solely, more horizon 2017ish.

Disclaimer: The author owns both gold and silver
    Edit: he just lost it all in a freak boating accident.
    Last edited by fatjohn; 02-18-2014 at 12:27 PM.

It is intersting that rising housing prices means a bubble and rising gold prices are simply "what must happen".
    I actually do not know if housing prices are a bubble , what interests me more would be who is buying them and what they do for a living . I cannot fathom young people buying homes in decent urban districts at the prices ......

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatjohn View Post
    Oh silver is going to go crazy you know. Just pull up the gold/silver ratio at netdania.com or wherever you want zoom out untill 2010 and everybody should be able to spot the 2-3 year trendline that has just broken today.

If gold breaks 1370ish, a new bull market will be born which will be far crazier than the last one which went +150% in gold. I would expect to see +$3500 gold and +$100 silver before we get another negative return yoy. Note this is not for 2014 solely, more horizon 2017ish.

Disclaimer: The author owns both gold and silver
    Edit: he just lost it all in a freak boating accident.
    The Silver Gold ratio doesn't tell you much of anything about what the price of either should be- it can be all over the place (chart for 1969- 2010):
    http://www.financialsense.com/contri...s-other-assets
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-18-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Yes it had a whole range of values in the past, but that doesn't mean there are no trends.

Today the bottom trend has been broken.

There are very real factors pushing gold and silver. Like the Argentinian peso and Venezuelan Bolivar being devalued by large amounts.

I partially agree with you. Because the Fed is printing money all prices are facing upward pressure. But home prices are more dependent on low interest rates. When rates rise there will be downward pressure on home prices. Also I believe demand for gold is going to go up as people lose faith in fiat currency. And especially if the world switches to some sort of gold backed currency.

Basically:

monetary inflation = homes up, gold up

other factors = homes down, gold up

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I partially agree with you. Because the Fed is printing money all prices are facing upward pressure. But home prices are more dependent on low interest rates. When rates rise there will be downward pressure on home prices. Also I believe demand for gold is going to go up as people lose faith in fiat currency. And especially if the world switches to some sort of gold backed currency.

Basically:

monetary inflation = homes up, gold up

other factors = homes down, gold up
    So gold can always and only go up, eh?

So gold can always and only go up, eh?
    No, but fiat currencies always go down and eventually fail.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast