Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What all do you ordinarily buy made in china

What all do you ordinarily buy made in china

Are you happy with the quality and what percentage more would a higher quality product made in america cost if there is one available ?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pretty much everything I buy is second-hand. Stuff I buy from China is meant to be disposable.

Beads. And civet coffee.
    Last edited by Danke; 03-08-2018 at 12:31 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Beads. And civet coffee.
    I have higher quality beads . How is your coffee ? How do you know they are really civet beans and not just instead farmed out to a north korean like the textiles ?

I have connections on a coffee plantation or two down South . I can probably ship you some real Americas coffee cheaper .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I have connections on a coffee plantation or two down South . I can probably ship you some real Americas coffee cheaper .
    Is it pooped out coffee?

http://www.most-expensive.coffee/

Kopi luwak is the world’s most expensive coffee. The main factor of it’s high price is the uncommon method of producing such a coffee. It has been produced from the coffee beans which have been digested by a certain Indonesian cat-like animal called then palm civet or also civet cat. This is the reason kopi luwak is also called cat poop coffee or civet cat coffee. The feces of this cat will be collected, finished and sold as kopi luwak. On this website you will find all relevant information about the production process, the cat, certified kopi luwak producers, the kopi luwak coffee itself and it’s unique properties and taste. The short supply, in comparison with the high demand, the different taste and the uncommon production methods define the value of kopi luwak – the most expensive coffee in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Is it pooped out coffee?

http://www.most-expensive.coffee/
    Nah , I just go with regular roasted beans harvested by a guy named Luis .

Is it pooped out coffee?
    AI breakthrough. Zippy is showing "genuine" interest. The geeks are salivating and high-fiving.
    Last edited by timosman; 03-08-2018 at 02:19 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    AI breakthrough. Zippy is showing "genuine" interest. The geeks are salivating and high-fiving.
    Thank you for your informative contribution to the discussion.

If those beans are really pooped out you know it is not by a possum but some person . No thanks .

Thank you for your informative contribution to the discussion.
    Obviously there are still areas needing improvement. Maybe the next sprint.

I work for a company that makes one product line in America and also has other lower-priced lines manufactured overseas. The overseas-manufactured products are built to our specifications (some components are shipped from USA to them) and the Chinese-built ones are very consistent and high in quality. The Chinese-manufactured line sells for less than 1/5 the price of the American manufactured one. Steel and aluminum are significant components in this product.

The American product is superior, not entirely because it's made here, but because it goes through a much more meticulous and labor-intensive process and reserves the highest quality components to maintain product differentiation. Overall company health (and thus the continuing production of the American-made line) requires the success of both the American-produced and foreign-produced products.

The inevitable increase in price or decrease in margin of the foreign-built lines will impact either the company's bottom line (and FWIW my salary) or the consumer's pocket book. It's not a huge, massively capitalized company. Tariffs could in this case facilitate the demise of an iconic American-manufactured brand that is highly depended-upon in its sector.

True story.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    True story.

Are you happy with the quality and what percentage more would a higher quality product made in america cost if there is one available ?
    I replaced my old Briggs and Stratton compressor motor with one from harbor freight because it was so old I couldn't locate parts for it. It works really well, didn't cost a arm and a leg and with the warranty I bought I can bring it back no questions asked and get a new one for two years. I then replaced the compressor head with one from harbor freight and it kicks ass.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Yes? Did you have something to say or are emojis all you are capable of emitting?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Yes? Did you have something to say or are emojis all you are capable of emitting?
    I am also capable of not taking a bait.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I replaced my old Briggs and Stratton compressor motor with one from harbor freight because it was so old I couldn't locate parts for it. It works really well, didn't cost a arm and a leg and with the warranty I bought I can bring it back no questions asked and get a new one for two years. I then replaced the compressor head with one from harbor freight and it kicks ass.
    I bought my sump pump there , but I dunno where it was made . Probably various places , like a car. I like how they named the in house line of cheaper chinese hand tools ( that I would not buy ) after the Steel City . They have some higher quality stuff it actually just depends on the item . Prices and service are good . If you just need hand tools though , probably could do better at Menards . For pumps & motors certainly Harbor Freight . For battery operated power tools I kind of like Home Depot for value .
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-08-2018 at 11:26 PM.

There are certain chinese items I will not buy . Chains , towing or lifting items , clevis's etc , wrenches , sockets etc or most things made from chinese steel. Anyone have anything to add ?

What about clothing ? Anyone pay extra and look for american items ? Where do you buy it ?

MAK 90, SKS (x2), Hawk 981R, Hawk 982, NEF Pardner Pump.

I would buy another Hawk shotgun LONG before I bought a new Remington 870, especially considering CDNN has them for $120.
    Our work pants are made in either China or Pakistan, and I MUCH prefer the Paki version... more ballroom!
    Last edited by fedupinmo; 03-08-2018 at 08:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

I have no idea, never considered really. My tools are mishmash new, pawned, heirloom, whatever works. My Winchester is American I guess. My suit has no tags, my Levis are Chinese or Taiwanese. I think my Impreza's an import, I forget when those were made in US. Its a hatchback/bubble looking one. I like it more than the most recent ones I see.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Doing various home remodeling projects, I have been surprised to find that sometimes the lowest cost product is also the highest quality, and made in America.

People tend to hold prejudices which were either never true at all, or change over time yet the common misconception remains. For instance, a retailer might choose a Chinese supplier because they are cheaper, and never realize it when a US product becomes available that is cheaper, and even better quality. Habit, laziness and inertia take hold.

Always shop around. You never know what you might find.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What about clothing ? Anyone pay extra and look for american items ? Where do you buy it ?
    For many years New Balance was the only American-made athletic shoe. It is still the only brand the makes narrow width shoes. It's not a brand for everyone, but it is what I use. I don't believe the whole shoe is still made here, but it is mostly made here.

As for Chinese clothes, they are made for Asian women who seem to have smaller hips and chests. I'm a curvy girl. I need better fitting clothes than China makes.

I wonder if any of you all remember when Made in Japan was synonymous with cheap. But then we started seeing Sony, Honda, Nissan, Samsung, Toshiba, Toyota, Nikon, really good quality automotive and electronic brands. China doesn't really have a brand. They just have stuff. Still not well made, really.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    I have no idea, never considered really. My tools are mishmash new, pawned, heirloom, whatever works. My Winchester is American I guess. My suit has no tags, my Levis are Chinese or Taiwanese. I think my Impreza's an import, I forget when those were made in US. Its a hatchback/bubble looking one. I like it more than the most recent ones I see.
    Most of my Levis are Pakistan or Mexico .

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    MAK 90, SKS (x2), Hawk 981R, Hawk 982, NEF Pardner Pump.

I would buy another Hawk shotgun LONG before I bought a new Remington 870, especially considering CDNN has them for $120.
    Our work pants are made in either China or Pakistan, and I MUCH prefer the Paki version... more ballroom!
    I have Browning choke tubes that would fit that too .

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    For many years New Balance was the only American-made athletic shoe. It is still the only brand the makes narrow width shoes. It's not a brand for everyone, but it is what I use. I don't believe the whole shoe is still made here, but it is mostly made here.

As for Chinese clothes, they are made for Asian women who seem to have smaller hips and chests. I'm a curvy girl. I need better fitting clothes than China makes.

I wonder if any of you all remember when Made in Japan was synonymous with cheap. But then we started seeing Sony, Honda, Nissan, Samsung, Toshiba, Toyota, Nikon, really good quality automotive and electronic brands. China doesn't really have a brand. They just have stuff. Still not well made, really.
    I have bought a lot of New Balance too . I mostly bought them because they were made here , were as good as any others and did not cost any more .

I have Browning choke tubes that would fit that too .
    Yeah, my PP is a 22" that uses those.

I have bought a lot of New Balance too . I mostly bought them because they were made here , were as good as any others and did not cost any more .
    My New Balance are "Hecho in Indonesia"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

I have some folding lawn chairs that are unsafe in California.

but I'm not in California and they have never attacked me.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast