Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian vegan faces 10 yrs for giving slaughter house pigs water on hot day

'I think it's child abuse to give bacon to children.'
    /facepalm/
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    What about it?
    The broad is quite obviously deranged if not a complete lunatic.

If she can't learn to control herself she's going to get some human hurt, in her own words she values pigs lives more than humans.

Government Dr.'s and big-pharm can't address such lunacy, and they shouldn't. These matters should be settled on the spot by the person charged with the care and transportation of livestock.

Clearly she's a danger to both the driver and his livelihood.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Even if they are thirsty on a hot day?
    is that the hot sweltering 72 degree day??

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

If she can't learn to control herself she's going to get some human hurt, in her own words she values pigs lives more than humans.

Government Dr.'s and big-pharm can't address such lunacy, and they shouldn't. These matters should be settled on the spot by the person charged with the care and transportation of livestock.

yeah basically this lady would be more inclined to eat a child than a pig... id call that dangerous... vegans are $#@!ing crazy

Even if they are thirsty on a hot day?
    Hot enough for the lunatic to be wearing pants and long sleeves.

Chester Copperpot

and that my friends is how an educated person wins an argument against an uneducated farreri.

Yeah, complete lunacy to give these thirsty pigs water on a hot day. It might hydrate the pigs and keep them alive till slaughter.

He should have shot her?

That's not even on the same day the incident happened!

He should have shot her?
    Why is it that folks of your ilk always spin off to using firearms?

This obsession with swine and firearms really isn't healthy...

Yeah, complete lunacy to give these thirsty pigs water on a hot day. It might hydrate the pigs and keep them alive till slaughter.
    How's the owner to know it's even water? There are $#@!s out there who poison cats and dogs just for lolz -no doubt there are at least a few who would get shiggles from "watering" pigs with antifreeze.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why is it that folks of your ilk
    Who are my ilk?

always spin off to using firearms?
    How you suggest it should have been handled? Didn't he call the police?

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    How's the owner to know it's even water? There are $#@!s out there who poison cats and dogs just for lolz -no doubt there are at least a few who would get shiggles from "watering" pigs with antifreeze.
    I'm going to borrow a line from tod. This obsession with poison and water really isn't healthy...

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to John F Kennedy III again.
    You must spread some syphilis before giving it to Danke again.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

He should have shot her?
    What in hell is your defect? You seem to display bivalent thinking, believing the only ways to deal with people are either to such their dicks or shoot them.

You might want to see someone about this.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

A question for @tod evans and whoever else called that lady a lunatic....

If you saw someone taking puppies and torturing them, so that they die a slow, painful death....would you consider that unethical?

Please answer with a yes or no.

(Keep in mind, I'm not talking about the law, but what you personally believe.)
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    A question for @tod evans and whoever else called that lady a lunatic....

If you saw someone taking puppies and torturing them, so that they die a slow, painful death....would you consider that unethical?

Please answer with a yes or no.

(Keep in mind, I'm not talking about the law, but what you personally believe.)
    Yes.

Now that you got your yes/no answer.............I also consider it even more unethical to meddle in another mans business.

Livestock, dogs or pigs, horses or cows, are his business not mine.

Under what authority, (not law) would you feel justified meddling in another mans business?

You don't have to answer yes or no.

Yes.
    Ok, thank you for answering that.

The reason I asked is because pigs are as smart as dogs. On some lists they're ranked even higher than dogs, in intelligence. So, I don't see why it's so shocking (or ridiculous) that some people consider the torture pigs go through in slaughterhouses to be unethical.

Now that you got your yes/no answer.............I also consider it even more unethical to meddle in another mans business.

Livestock, dogs or pigs, horses or cows, are his business not mine.

Under what authority, (not law) would you feel justified meddling in another mans business?

You don't have to answer yes or no.
    I don't agree that livestock are our property that we can do anything we want with. From a Christian perspective, animals belong to God. We are only their caretakers.

For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.
    —Psalm 50:10

The earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness, the world and those who dwell therein.
    — Psalm 24:1

"The land is mine and you are but aliens and my tenants."
    — Leviticus 25:23

“Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten in God’s sight.”
    —Luke 12:6

Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.
    —1 Corinthians 4:2

That said, I don't agree with what that woman did... I mean, the way she did it. As I said earlier in the thread, I don't condone what she did, but I think her intentions were good. So I find the hate and rage against her to be a bit... odd. And interesting.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Okay, so having read through most of the thread, here's my take:

A. The pigs were the property of the driver. By touching them without his permission, she violated his property rights. She's liable for any damage. Apparently, because of health regulations, the damages in this case might be the entire value of the pigs in the truck. In any event, her only punishment should be to compensate the victim; there should be no imprisonment.

B. He had the right to use force to stop her, but not just any force. He could only have used the amount of force necessary to stop her. That said, if she resisted his initial effort to stop her, he could justly use more force; and then if she resisted that, he could use even more force, and so forth, in an escalation of violence. Ultimately, if no lesser amount of force would have sufficed, he could have justly used lethal force (though, obviously, in this situation, that would not have actually been necessary, since she was an unarmed woman).

C. Bacon is delicious.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 10-04-2016 at 08:00 PM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm going to borrow a line from tod. This obsession with poison and water really isn't healthy...
    Difference is tod had a valid point. You don't.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

The "liberty" movement has a long way to go! Most people commenting only seem to believe in liberty for themselves, not how it effects others. Probably the same people who 200 years ago would be owning slaves and tell you not to mess with other peoples slaves.
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    The "liberty" movement has a long way to go! Most people commenting only seem to believe in liberty for themselves, not how it effects others. Probably the same people who 200 years ago would be owning slaves and tell you not to mess with other peoples slaves.
    Could you buy slave meat in the grocery store back then too?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

The "others" being...the pigs?

This thread is still going? What the hell.

Muh pigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Could you buy slave meat in the grocery store back then too?
    You sir, are no lover of slave-meat liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    You sir, are no lover of slave-meat liberty.
    Very predictable response.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Not sure if srs or /snark. If srs, SMFH@profoundly bad logic.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    What in hell is your defect? You seem to display bivalent thinking, believing the only ways to deal with people are either to such their dicks or shoot them.

You might want to see someone about this.
    He said:

These matters should be settled on the spot by the person charged with the care and transportation of livestock.

What does that sound like he's referring to if not street justice?

Remember slaves? She's just trying to give some thirsty pigs cramped in a truck some water on a hot day.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Okay, so having read through most of the thread, here's my take:

A. The pigs were the property of the driver. By touching them without his permission, she violated his property rights. She's liable for any damage. Apparently, because of health regulations, the damages in this case might be the entire value of the pigs in the truck. In any event, her only punishment should be to compensate the victim; there should be no imprisonment.
    She's facing 10 yrs in prison for doing a nice gesture in her mind, so I'm glad you agree there should be no imprisonment even if she accidentally harmed any of his pigs.

B. He had the right to use force to stop her, but not just any force. He could only have used the amount of force necessary to stop her. That said, if she resisted his initial effort to stop her, he could justly use more force; and then if she resisted that, he could use even more force, and so forth, in an escalation of violence. Ultimately, if no lesser amount of force would have sufficed, he could have justly used lethal force (though, obviously, in this situation, that would not have actually been necessary, since she was an unarmed woman).
    I bolded the only part i agree to in this case because escalating the force to stop her beyond trying to block her from what she was doing seems to go against a civilized society because she was only trying to give water to thirsty pigs on a hot day, not trying to steal or harm any of his pigs. If it was found later that she had poison in her water (for all the paranoid conspiracy theorists on this thread) she should be charged accordingly.

C. Bacon is delicious.
    Not for your heart.

Snap!

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast