Thread: Secret Service Shoot "Suspect Brandishing Gun" at White House Checkpoint

Secret Service Shoot "Suspect Brandishing Gun" at White House Checkpoint

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ite-House.html

Brett Polivka, a 26-year-old visiting Washington, DC, from Texas, said he saw a man in his mid-20s holding a silver-colored gun

which was pointed at the ground.

'A couple officers drew their guns, went right at him andwithin two or three seconds we heard a gunshot,' Polivka said, adding that he believed it was an officer's shot.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/20/politi...use/index.html

Secret Service officers on Friday shot a man near a security checkpoint close to the White House after he apparently brandished a weapon, a law enforcement source said.The suspect was shot in the abdomen and taken into custody, according to two sources familiar with the incident. Witness told investigators they saw the suspect approaching officers with a gun in his hand, a law enforcement official told CNN. The suspect apparently refused to drop the gun and was shot.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/20/politi...use/index.html

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Shooting Reported at the White House While Obama Out Golfing

Reporters at the White House were told to seek shelter in the basement and remain in the building while Secret Service cleared the North Lawn.

According to ABC News, Vice President Joe Biden was at the White House at the time but was immediately secured.

President Barack Obama was out golfing at the time of the incident, having left earlier in the afternoon for the golf course at Andrews Air Force Base.

***Update***

According to a White House official, the situation is under control.

No one within or associated with the White House was injured, and everyone in the White House is safe and accounted for,” the official said. “The president has been made aware of the situation.”
    http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid..._medium=social

Whew!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I'm going to have to say that walking up to a pack of L.E.O.s with a gun drawn, even if pointed at the ground, is about one of the stupidest things I've heard in a while. Honestly, it sounds like a suicide by cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I'm going to have to say that walking up to a pack of L.E.O.s with a gun drawn, even if pointed at the ground, is about one of the stupidest things I've heard in a while. Honestly, it sounds like a suicide by cops.
    Its unfortunate you can't say that about a cop walking up gun drawn an a pack of citizens.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jefferson_liberty_vs_tyranny.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	4979

license and registration

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

“No one within or associated with the White House was injured, and everyone in the White House is safe and accounted for,”
    Whew...thank State for that anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Whew...thank State for that anyways.

So he is still alive,,

wonder what his story is?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Point of curiosity;

Anyone else notice a lack of photos? of the alleged suspect?

You would think in a place so ringed with security,, that there would be photos of the man approaching,, the gun in hand,,

or whatever was thought to be a gun at the time.

I do see lots of photos of heavily armed men looking menacing.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Point of curiosity;

Anyone else notice a lack of photos? of the alleged suspect?

You would think in a place so ringed with security,, that there would be photos of the man approaching,, the gun in hand,,

or whatever was thought to be a gun at the time.

I do see lots of photos of heavily armed men looking menacing.
    Shooting Reported at the White House While Obama Out Golfing
    He wasn't at the White House. This is a repeated issue with these reported "disturbances."

He was near the greater Metro area, so to speak, of the White House (which includes a bunch of big ole "Executive" buildings, some lawns, a bunch of little security huts, the area with the Christmas tree in winter, etc.), but not at the gates, and definitely not "on the lawn" as some reports seem to suggest.

Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

Just an extreme dumb @$$ Besides nobody can kill the president with CIA clearance.
    Last edited by Working Poor; 05-21-2016 at 02:21 PM.

Was the weapon a white cane? Maybe it was a blind dead man walking there.

Actually, it does sound like a failed suicide attempt.