Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Senate Republicans have the votes to pass their tax plan

Jan2017

I'll chime in that if you were a GOP Senator and had read the printed version then the handwritten additions would be easier to look at quicker ?

UK DailyMail made it sound that only Dems were using that as an additional criticism to vote against it.

But yeah, it is probably true some GOP Ayes did not feel the need to read the late night additions since they were voting for it anyway in support of the mandate repeal.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    I'll chime in that if you were a GOP Senator and had read the printed version then the handwritten additions would be easier to look at quicker ?

UK DailyMail made it sound that only Dems were using that as an additional criticism to vote against it.

But yeah, it is probably true some GOP Ayes did not feel the need to read the late night additions since they were voting for it anyway in support of the mandate repeal.
    Some admitted that they would vote for any bill- just to get something passed.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The conference committee will be led by House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Kevin Brady (R-Tex.), and Senate Finance Committee Chairman Orrin G. Hatch is expected to play a senior role.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c4f640225c41
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

Republicans and the White House have given up pretending they want to reduce the deficits/ debt or have a balanced budget. Public views have shifted too. More now prefer bigger government than smaller government. During Obama's presidency, the "smaller government" was preferred.
    I'd say the people preferring big government now are those perceiving the current administration as wanting smaller government. Smaller government was preferred by people opposed to Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

President Trump has been willing to accept almost anything to close the deal on his giant tax cut bill before Christmas, including staying mum about a measure that would allow illegal immigrants to pocket the more generous child tax credit included in the package.
    Illegal immigrants have been collecting the payoff from the “refundable” tax credit for years because of an IRS interpretation of how the rule was drafted. The Republican-controlled Congress this fall had a chance to correct that in the tax code overhaul that in the Senate version doubled the child tax credit to $2,000 and expanded eligibility.
    The House bill increased the child tax credit to $1,600 and upped the income cutoff to receive it.

Both bills neglect to require that the worker have a Social Security number to claim the credit but require only that the qualifying child have a Social Security number.
    Under those conditions, illegal immigrant workers with children who benefit from birthright citizenship — a relatively common phenomenon among America’s estimated 12.5 million illegal immigrants — could cash in.

More at: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...igrants-inclu/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12