Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rand Paul: Is 1984 Now?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I must prepare you guys for something. You do understand that he is going to endorse Mitch McConnell in 2014, right?
    ... and in other news, top mathematicians reveal that two plus two is equal to four. Film at eleven.
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    ... and in other news, top mathematicians reveal that two plus two is equal to four. Film at eleven.
    lol... And yet, when it happens, there will be a huge uproar on these boards about how Rand is a traitor and not worthy of the name Paul.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol... And yet, when it happens, there will be a huge uproar on these boards about how Rand is a traitor and not worthy of the name Paul.
    Of that I have no doubt. None at all. *sigh*

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."

Really, the thing that irritates me about this video is the pedantic tone. It's something John Stossel does, too, that drives me nuts. They talk to the audience like we're 3rd graders.

I know this makes it easier for low-info voters to understand, but I just find it grating.

Still, though, I can't gripe about the content! Great job, Rand!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

This is great and the reason people need to stay on board. Don't sweat the endorsements.

I must prepare you guys for something. You do understand that he is going to endorse Mitch McConnell in 2014, right?

Some of you may freak out over this. But watch this video again at that time and relax. I'm not asking you to be happy when that endorsement comes, but don't let it ruin everything else.
    Please post and repost this over and over. Its called the game. He will endorse Mitch even if we fight it tooth and nail. What we have to remember is he's on our side. Rand's greatest strength is his greatest weakness with us. He's a politician and knows he has to play the system to get the win. Ron is a becon of light but he did realitivly very little in his 30 years besides wake us up. Now its time to go forward with someone with the same ideals but the political saveyness to know when to hold em and when to fold em.

Really, the thing that irritates me about this video is the pedantic tone. It's something John Stossel does, too, that drives me nuts. They talk to the audience like we're 3rd graders.

I know this makes it easier for low-info voters to understand, but I just find it grating.

Still, though, I can't gripe about the content! Great job, Rand!
    Ever think you weren't the intended audience? He doesn't have to do anything for you. This is meant for the masses. All of which read at a 3rd grade or lower level.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Ever think you weren't the intended audience? He doesn't have to do anything for you. This is meant for the masses. All of which read at a 3rd grade or lower level.
    Yeah, I understand it. I understand it when Stossel does it, too. But I don't really like it. It almost sounds liek they're talking down to people. And yeah, the intended audience may need to be spoken down to, but it's still distasteful.

Yeah, I understand it. I understand it when Stossel does it, too. But I don't really like it. It almost sounds liek they're talking down to people. And yeah, the intended audience may need to be spoken down to, but it's still distasteful.
    Nah, politicians aren't supposed to be philosophers. You can get your philosophy from several sources and get it as intelligent or as washed down as you want. Right now we need a politician to talk to the masses. I'm hoping Rand is that person and this video seems to be a good start. I'm currently beta testing it on our employees. I'll report back with the results.

Hmmm. I didn't really get that vibe. I know *exactly* what you mean, though. I can't bear watching Stossel because of it. Really, I just can't stand it.

That's not a slam on Stossel - I hope he keeps on doing what he's doing, just the way he's doing it. It's not for me, though (nor was it intended to be).

But now I don't want to watch Rand's clip again - I'm afraid I might revise my assessment and end up agreeing with you, and I really don't want to ...

-- The Law (p. 54)
      -- Government (p. 99)

I need this man to be President.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is a great video.

He plays both suits well. The liberty-loving son of Ron Paul and the Republican partisan.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    ??? It has a date on it. Just pull it up in Youtube. November 13. And it is on his YouTube channel.

Isn't it possible for vast discrepancies between "upload dates" and the date of the creation of the content of youtubes?
    Last edited by anaconda; 11-15-2012 at 01:21 AM.

This is a greatest video of all time, or very nearly so.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

In recent weeks, Canada’s police chiefs have launched an aggressive campaign – using online videos, Twitter blasts and letters to the editor – to jumpstart discussion about controversial Bill C-30.

Privacy advocates, however, say they’re still concerned police are over-reaching with their push for warrantless access to certain information held by service providers.
    Bill C-30 is just one more example that the Canadian government is in lock-step with the U.S. government's burning desire to institute a police state.
    "Oh Canada, Glorious and Free"

Read more: http://www.canada.com/technology/Pro...#ixzz2Ca2qTn5X

//
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Just watched this, pretty creepy and good!
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Politics is appealing to the widest possible audience.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand Paul: Is 1984 Now?
    Old, rhetorical question is old and rhetorical.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12