Thread: Justin Amash: Trump views job in 'extra-constitutional' way

Justin Amash: Trump views job in 'extra-constitutional' way

GOP rep: Trump has 'extra-constitutional' view of presidency

BY SCOTT WONG
    12/02/16

Rep. Justin Amash would be all too happy to give President-elect Donald Trump a lesson on the Constitution.

The Michigan Republican, founder of the House Liberty Caucus, said he’s not sure if the billionaire real estate mogul and reality TV star has ever read the founding document and suggested Trump doesn’t have a good grasp of Constitution 101.

“He seems to believe that government works like a business and he is the CEO of the business, and that is not how it works,” Amash said in an interview with The Hill on Friday. “We have separate branches, checks and balances, federalism.

“I don’t think it’s out of any bad intention. I think he just views the job in a sort of ‘extra-constitutional’ way, outside of the Constitution,” Amash added. “I don’t think our framework in this country really comes into play when he’s thinking about how the job should operate.”

“Do you think Trump has read the Constitution?” a reporter asked.

“I don’t know,” Amash replied.

More:
    http://thehill.com/homenews/house/30...-of-presidency

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The constitution is like 300 years old and doesn't matter. Things like the right to free speech, the right to be secure in your home, the right to carry a weapon, just really don't have any relevance anymore in this modern day & age.

We should instead be focusing on things that do matter, like putting up a 30 foot wall to keep the mexicans out.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The constitution is like 300 years old and doesn't matter.
    No, you dick; it's almost 500 years old. Don't you read?

Things like the right to free speech, the right to be secure in your home, the right to carry a weapon, just really don't have any relevance anymore in this modern day & age.
    Lucky guesses, I bet.

We should instead be focusing on things that do matter, like putting up a 30 foot wall to keep the mexicans out.
    And the wealthy in. Can't let them get away, or science only knows what might happen... especially if China or Russia got them.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.