Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Would Fund Super-PACs Aimed at Taking Down Cruz, Kasich

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    A complete and utter LIE.

They are opposed on a number of issues. Issues I have posted many, many times. But, since we are not supposed to support Trump here, I guess that means you get away with repeating your lie over and over again.
    Hillary and Trump have both made public statements endorsing (among other terrible policies):

-TARP
    -QE
    -the Obama stimulus
    -single-payer socialized medicine
    -the PATRIOT Act
    -the Iraq War
    -the Libya War
    -an assault weapons ban

Do you accept this fact, or do I need to post (for the several hundredth time) the direct quotes?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Hillary and Trump have both made public statements endorsing (among other terrible policies):

-TARP
    -QE
    -the Obama stimulus
    -single-payer socialized medicine
    -the PATRIOT Act
    -the Iraq War
    -the Libya War
    -an assault weapons ban

Do you accept this fact, or do I need to post (for the several hundredth time) the direct quotes?
    None of those things matter. All that matters is that Trump is (at least on most days) for big government when it comes to regulating immigration. In the eyes of most of the people here who support him, that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    None of those things matter. All that matters is that Trump is (at least on most days) for big government when it comes to regulating immigration. In the eyes of most of the people here who support him, that's a good thing.
    If only they would admit it.

What's intolerable is the pretense that it's about advancing liberty.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post
    Thank you for admitting that Governor Johnson did nothing to oppose the Iraq War.

Please apologize to the forum for your lie saying otherwise.

Please stop posting lies to the forum.
    Gary Johnson:

I opposed the Iraq War from the beginning
    I was opposed to us going into Iraq from the beginning, I really thought that there was no threat to our national security, I really thought that if we went into Iraq we would find ourselves in a civil war to which there would be no end and I thought we had the military surveillance capability to see Iraq rollout any weapons of mass destruction and if they would have done that, we could have gone in and dealt with that. Afghanistan originally, I was completely supportive of that.
    Source: 2011 GOP primary debate in South Carolina , May 5, 2011
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    A complete and utter LIE.
    Ron Paul: “There Is Absolutely No Difference” Between Hillary and Trump
    http://thepulse2016.com/brittany-kle...ary-and-trump/
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Regardless or not someone supports trump or not. You have to admit that cruz was there to screw and take the wind out of rand's sail.

I read on bloomberg that kelley paul said that cruz was "two faced". That cruz that parroted whatever rand said.

Rand could have probably lasted as the last 3 candidates in the primaries.

Cruz is not very good at making allies, which is why the party elites would rather stand with Trump. Cruz is not done trying to be president, he won't be done for a long time.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Hillary is disgusting.

What did the Democrats say "hey remember that guy who was impeached for lying about blow jobs? Get his wife?"

The Clintons set new standards for personal awfulness. We don't want more of that.

How do you know how Trump is going to govern?

You're arguing they're identical. They're not. We can always fall back on the whole "well what we believe is best is so far from what we usually get and what most people seem to want that all the actual nominees always appear close to each other." That's true, but that doesn't mean that Trump and Hillary are identical. There are clear differences. Build the wall. Clinton doesn't agree on that one.

I've changed my position when it became clear that Hillary was going to be the nominee (which technically hasn't happened yet). My position then was they all suck and Giant Meteor 2016. That's when there was an undifferentiated mass of suck. But then it became clear that Trump and Clinton were the nominees. And it became clear that either Trump or Hillary would be President. And Hillary is so awful that it became time to look at Trump.

I lived through the 1990s. I was paying attention. It was an awful embarrassment, and anyone who was older than a little kid at that time really should know that. For months if not years you had the same people who attacked Clarence Thomas defending Clinton, and what Clinton did was far worse. It was disgusting. Democrats took the position that Perjury was completely acceptable to them as long as it's a Democrat who committed the Felony.

That's who you're defending. Trump is a candidate that appeals to people who are pissed off, Both the Pauls appeal to pissed off GOP voters. The message isn't the same, but Trump is not the next RINO in a series of RINOs. There were Ron Paul people - Maine delegates, who were on board with Trump when Rand Paul was still an option. They weren't right to do that, but there were some that did.

Trump explained his contribution as merely something like bribery, hoping that bribing politicians was seen as more acceptable than agreeing with the policies of a repulsive Democrat.

Hillary remains much more repulsive than Trump and there is considerable uncertainty about how Trump is going to govern. This might be a good opportunity to get some of our people in government. It's not like the usual suspect RINOs are first in line. A governing coalition should include Liberty Conservatives. Trump, who might not have a fixed set of ideas, could, in theory at least, bring in some of our people.

We all should know Hillary Clinton real well, and we all should not want Hillary Clinton at all. I can see why someone wouldn't want to vote for a President who is likely to be the worst President ever (all Presidents have been the worst President ever), but with Clinton, it's a little more concrete. We have a pretty good idea how awful things will be with Clinton as President. We have no clear idea at all about Trump.

A lot of little things change when there's an R in there as opposed to a D. Comedy is better. SNL will be better. In 2016, no comedians, SNL, Stewart, Colbert, etc ever attack Democrats, and the best and easiest target is the President, so, there will be funny attacks on Trump, instead of never criticizing Obama at all, or never criticizing Hillary at all. I can't think of one good outcome of a Hillary Presidency. Trump might not suck. The trend points to sucking, sure, no doubt about it, but Hillary is already 100% proven to suck.

You know that you're defending Hillary Clinton on a Ron Paul forum, right?

No, Trump has higher unfavorables (and lower favorables).

That's a nice way of rephrasing the problem to make it sound less bad.

It's not that Trump "doesn't hate" Hillary enough.

It's that he shares her views on all of the important issues facing the country, such that he would govern in the same way.

Again, you're ignoring the most serious problem.

It's not just about donations, it's about a long record of public statements in support of her terrible policies.

Those policies are always and everywhere terrible, whoever mouths them.

....yea, he started criticizing her around the time he started running in the GOP.

Yes we do.

No, but Trump likely does.

It makes no difference who wins.

It does make a difference that ostensible libertarians/conservatives are getting suckered into supporting Trumpllary.

Trump has a personal personality vendetta against these $#@!s. That's why less worrysome than people who think widescale government policy should be bought.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    How is pointing out the truth about Trump considered defending Hillary?
    You and Rev are the same person, right?

You picked out one sentence in a reply to Rev.

He was defending Hillary. If you say that disgusting person Y is the same as person X, who is not as awful, it's a form of defense of the disgusting person X (Hillary).

Trump hasn't done the disgusting things that Hillary has done. And to say that her record of disgustingness doesn't exist the way Trump's record doesn't exist defends Hillary. Ignoring her awfulness, wishing it away, pretending it isn't there, all defending her.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    LOL. He isn't going to govern. That's what Pence is for ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I skimmed an article earlier that said Trump is going to go after (paraphrasing) a "small guy" of some sort, in addition to Cruz and Kasich. Better not be one of ours. Though I doubt he'll follow through on it. Stupid statements nonetheless from a purely political aspect if you are trying to coalesce a base.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

http://www.mofopolitics.com/2016/07/...nts-super-pac/

Trump, Meet The Depressed:

Yeah, I’ll probably do a super PAC…Kasich, for $10 million to $20 million, against Ted Cruz. And maybe one other person that I’m thinking about…but I won’t tell you that.

He’s actually such a small person– I hate to give him the publicity.

2 possibilities…

Marco Rubio

“Little Marco”…
    Rand Paul

Trump repeatedly trolled Rand’s height…
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I skimmed an article earlier that said Trump is going to go after (paraphrasing) a "small guy" of some sort, in addition to Cruz and Kasich. Better not be one of ours. Though I doubt he'll follow through on it. Stupid statements nonetheless from a purely political aspect if you are trying to coalesce a base.
    He was talking about Mike Lee. Trump has real problems in Utah.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

You and Rev are the same person, right?

You picked out one sentence in a reply to Rev.

He was defending Hillary. If you say that disgusting person Y is the same as person X, who is not as awful, it's a form of defense of the disgusting person X (Hillary).

Trump hasn't done the disgusting things that Hillary has done. And to say that her record of disgustingness doesn't exist the way Trump's record doesn't exist defends Hillary. Ignoring her awfulness, wishing it away, pretending it isn't there, all defending her.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    Regardless or not someone supports trump or not. You have to admit that cruz was there to screw and take the wind out of rand's sail.

I read on bloomberg that kelley paul said that cruz was "two faced". That cruz that parroted whatever rand said.

Rand could have probably lasted as the last 3 candidates in the primaries.
    it boils down to a three~way GOP race in 2o2o? SENATOR RAND PAUL, SENATOR TED CRUZ and ENTREPRENEUR DONALD TRUMP?

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    it boils down to a three~way GOP race in 2o2o? SENATOR RAND PAUL, SENATOR TED CRUZ and ENTREPRENEUR DONALD TRUMP?
    Trump won't be there. Rand probably won't be there if Cruz runs. It will be Cruz, Rubio, Bush, Tom Cotton.

Hillary is disgusting...

The Clintons set new standards for personal awfulness. We don't want more of that...

You're arguing they're identical. They're not...

i remember 2oo8 + 2o12 and i hope RAND makes the 2o2o
    POTUS contest more eventful than i think it is going to be...

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Trump won't be there. Rand probably won't be there if Cruz runs. It will be Cruz, Rubio, Bush, Tom Cotton.
    Yeah I doubt Rand will run again. I wouldn't if I were him.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Today's New Poll. CNN

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2016/im...inton.poll.pdf

Trump winning in both a 2 way race (48-45) and a multi candidate race (44-39).
    A week ago, or 9 days ago, Trump was down 7 in the head to head and down 5 in the multi candidate race.

Trump favorable = 43%
    Hillary favorable = 39%

Hillary unfavorable = 55%
    Trump unfavorable = 52%

Melania and Pence both have more favorable than unfavorable.

Get your Hillary luv out of here.

No, Trump has higher unfavorables (and lower favorables).

That's a nice way of rephrasing the problem to make it sound less bad.

It's not that Trump "doesn't hate" Hillary enough.

It's that he shares her views on all of the important issues facing the country, such that he would govern in the same way.

Again, you're ignoring the most serious problem.

It's not just about donations, it's about a long record of public statements in support of her terrible policies.

Those policies are always and everywhere terrible, whoever mouths them.

....yea, he started criticizing her around the time he started running in the GOP.

Yes we do.

No, but Trump likely does.

It makes no difference who wins.

It does make a difference that ostensible libertarians/conservatives are getting suckered into supporting Trumpllary.

i remember 2oo8 + 2o12 and i hope RAND makes the 2o2o
    POTUS contest more eventful than i think it is going to be...
    Trump is winning now 48-45. The downside to a Trump win is that Rand's going to have to wait a lot longer. You watch Veep?

Those DNC emails are truly awful in the kind of way that so many people can really understand. Top DNC staffers spend most of their time mocking their core base of support in ways that GOP would get skewered for doing.

He is going after Cruz, he is taking on Kasich, he is taking on neocons, he is going after Obama, he is giving dark speeches and messing up his campaign, he is working with Putin to create DNC email scandals, he is getting a bounce in polls moving ahead of Hillary ... all at the same time. How does he do that? His numbers should be dropping using media arithmetic.

Donald Trump bounces into the lead
    By Jennifer Agiesta, CNN Polling Director
    Mon July 25, 2016
    Donald Trump comes out of his convention ahead of Hillary Clinton in the race for the White House, topping her 44% to 39% in a four-way matchup including Gary Johnson (9%) and Jill Stein (3%) and by three points in a two-way head-to-head, 48% to 45%. That latter finding represents a 6-point convention bounce for Trump, which are traditionally measured in two-way matchups.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/25/politi...oll/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    LOL. He isn't going to govern. That's what Pence is for ...
    I really haven't been collecting politican cards with their stats on them, because politicians aren't sports figures that people like, but generally, swine.

I looked up Pence. There's nothing on the resume that's nauseatingly gross. There are positions that he has taken that I don't agree with, but I basically want almost no government, and he wants more than almost no government. I can certainly live with that.

But his resume is a standard issue local politician resume. high school, college, Indiana University Law School. Law Practice. Runs for Congress. Loses. Law Practice again. Radio Talk Show host. Runs for Congress. Wins. Runs for Governor. Wins. Politically, about as close to Mainstream Conservative Republican as you can get. Was with Tea Party. (RINOs didn't do that) Was against the spending and the new laws and was in favor of the wars. His resume doesn't have any Director of the CIA sinisterness on it. Just 100% Normal Conservative Republican.

There's no way of knowing how much input Pence will have.

If I could hand over responsibilities to each, I'd have Trump be in charge of whether we have Middle East wars or not, I'd have Trump be in charge of immigration policy and trade and antiglobalist and whatever he can do about political correctness. And maybe a couple of other issues. I'd have Pence do domestic government spending and Supreme Court and climate change and guns (most domestic policies) Interestingly, between Trump and Pence, you can find both sides on almost any issue. Trump and Pence seem to agree on very little. You can pick positions from Trump and Pence and put together something adequate.

We might be a fringe minority, or factions of a wing of a fringe minority, and because of that, we might rarely find a politician who agrees with us often, but that doesn't mean that all politicans are exactly the same. Pence looks relatively solid to me. Superior to Romney and McCain. Romney had "friends with Netanyahu since the 1970s" on his resume, and McCain's dad was an Admiral. Pence's folks were Irish Catholic Democrats. Regular folks.

At this point, anything not clearly sinister looks great, but that's just because the bar is so very low.

I really haven't been collecting politican cards with their stats on them, because politicians aren't sports figures that people like, but generally, swine.

I looked up Pence. There's nothing on the resume that's nauseatingly gross. There are positions that he has taken that I don't agree with, but I basically want almost no government, and he wants more than almost no government. I can certainly live with that.

But his resume is a standard issue local politician resume. high school, college, Indiana University Law School. Law Practice. Runs for Congress. Loses. Law Practice again. Radio Talk Show host. Runs for Congress. Wins. Runs for Governor. Wins. Politically, about as close to Mainstream Conservative Republican as you can get. Was with Tea Party. (RINOs didn't do that) Was against the spending and the new laws and was in favor of the wars. His resume doesn't have any Director of the CIA sinisterness on it. Just 100% Normal Conservative Republican.

There's no way of knowing how much input Pence will have.

If I could hand over responsibilities to each, I'd have Trump be in charge of whether we have Middle East wars or not, I'd have Trump be in charge of immigration policy and trade and antiglobalist and whatever he can do about political correctness. And maybe a couple of other issues. I'd have Pence do domestic government spending and Supreme Court and climate change and guns (most domestic policies) Interestingly, between Trump and Pence, you can find both sides on almost any issue. Trump and Pence seem to agree on very little. You can pick positions from Trump and Pence and put together something adequate.

We might be a fringe minority, or factions of a wing of a fringe minority, and because of that, we might rarely find a politician who agrees with us often, but that doesn't mean that all politicans are exactly the same. Pence looks relatively solid to me. Superior to Romney and McCain. Romney had "friends with Netanyahu since the 1970s" on his resume, and McCain's dad was an Admiral. Pence's folks were Irish Catholic Democrats. Regular folks.

At this point, anything not clearly sinister looks great, but that's just because the bar is so very low.
    Actually there is a way of knowing what Pence's role would be. Let's ask the Trump campaign:

Trump Adviser: Trump Will Outsource Being President to His VP
    How Donald Trump Picked His Running Mate

Nope, I'm attacking Trump, which is what ought to be done on RPF, since Trump represents the opposite of everything Ron stands for.

Trump needs to just leave it alone and focus on his campaign.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    That's what he's doing, his "campaign" being dedicated to the destruction/cooption of whatever remains of the conservative movement.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't see Rand running in 2020 unless some unforeseen development propels him into the limelight.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Why would you want him to focus on his campaign?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast