Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where have You Celebrated Independence Day?

Back in the '90's, I was working in Brussels and was surprised to find that the entire old passenger terminal was decorated in honor of the USA.

It was a little out of the way and I don't know if it was well attended, but someone there still appreciated our efforts.

Now that I think of it, it might have been memorial day.

Oh well, that was then and I'm sure that they don't do it anymore.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Back in the '90's, I was working in Brussels and was surprised to find that the entire old passenger terminal was decorated in honor of the USA.

It was a little out of the way and I don't know if it was well attended, but someone there still appreciated our efforts.

Now that I think of it, it might have been memorial day.

Oh well, that was then and I'm sure that they don't do it anymore.
    I think the Luxembourg Army Color Guard still celebrates US Memorial Day at the Luxembourg - American Cemetery and Memorial in Luxembourg .
    Do something Danke

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nov 4 for Danke I will celebrate The Battle of the Wabash ( St Clairs defeat ) . He will probably be in Asia and I will be here .
    Do something Danke

I might gig some frogs .
    Do something Danke

I wonder if Danke went for the glory holes or apple bobbing. I also wonder why Asians think glory holes and apple bobbing have anything to do with Independence Day, lol but I like it. I may have to incorporate them into my celebration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    happy treason day

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I wonder if Danke went for the glory holes or apple bobbing. I also wonder why Asians think glory holes and apple bobbing have anything to do with Independence Day, lol but I like it. I may have to incorporate them into my celebration.
    Bobbing for apples makes me think Halloween party . I usually have an annual bonfire last Sat in Oct . Last bonfire of the year . Now Danke has me wondering where I spent my Halloweens at when I was younger . Seems I remember one in Tacoma , one in NYC , one at a Grateful Dead show , couple in Europe , but mostly just bonfires . When I was young , we had a Teepee set up on the back 40 of a friends place and we often had an all night Halloween bonfire there or in my woods.
    Do something Danke

I remember when I worked at the battery factory over 20 yrs ago , we were always behind. When Independence Day fell in the middle of the week like this we would shut the plant down that day only and work every other day before and after for a minimum of two weeks . My Leadman that worked for me had a 4 July Birthday so he was pretty happy . He was probably the only one .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Bobbing for apples makes me think Halloween party . I usually have an annual bonfire last Sat in Oct . Last bonfire of the year . Now Danke has me wondering where I spent my Halloweens at when I was younger . Seems I remember one in Tacoma , one in NYC , one at a Grateful Dead show , couple in Europe , but mostly just bonfires . When I was young , we had a Teepee set up on the back 40 of a friends place and we often had an all night Halloween bonfire there or in my woods.
    Yes, bobbing for apples is more of a Halloween thing but I think it's fun and could be incorporated into July 4th celebrations. Instead of apples, I think bobbing for hot dogs (just the wiener) in beer would be more appropriate.

I spent my Halloweens tricking and treating, usually drunk and wearing something completely inappropriate. One year, I thought I was too old for a costume and waited until the last minute to get something. Unfortunately, I depended on my brother to pick something up for me. He brought home a Kooky Spook. It was the dumbest thing and the cheap ass bought me one that was missing the body part so I wore this big ass inflatable on my head and wore my nightgown.

This is the one I had the misfortune of wearing.

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Yes, bobbing for apples is more of a Halloween thing but I think it's fun and could be incorporated into July 4th celebrations. Instead of apples, I think bobbing for hot dogs (just the wiener) in beer would be more appropriate.

I spent my Halloweens tricking and treating, usually drunk and wearing something completely inappropriate. One year, I thought I was too old for a costume and waited until the last minute to get something. Unfortunately, I depended on my brother to pick something up for me. He brought home a Kooky Spook. It was the dumbest thing and the cheap ass bought me one that was missing the body part so I wore this big ass inflatable on my head and wore my nightgown.

This is the one I had the misfortune of wearing.

I have not seen that before . I like it .
    Do something Danke

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    I've lived in 5 countries. Six, if you count a three month stay in Switzerland. So I've celebrated it in a few places.

I'm in Mexico now, and since I'm only 20-something miles from the border, I'm sure there will be lots of fireworks and celebrations around here.
    Have fun .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Watch the movie Top Gun again, it is the type of training Air Force pilots do routinely. Not at some special school as the Navy pilot need.
    I heard they are going to make a new movie of that movie . I will probably skip that .
    Do something Danke

How are you planning to spend Independence Day next year ?
    Do something Danke

Baghdad
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

The annual Bagdad Kentucky Fall Festival will be Sept 19 this yr . Breakfast is 7 FRN's . Breakfast is 7:30 to 9:30 am and the Ruritan Grounds are open 8 am to 1 pm for the festival . I am sure all the local churches will have a booth .
    Do something Danke

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Baghdad
    Sounds delicious

I could go for some Persian Melon . Deep orange flesh .
    Do something Danke

How many other Countries Independence Days have you celebrated ? I hope Danke had a great July 1 ( Canada Day and National Administrative Professional Day ( Hong Kong ) .
    Do something Danke

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder if Danke retreated to his safe space...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I wonder if Danke retreated to his safe space...
    I cannot decide what happened . I will investigate next week when I have time . He was going to a party about glory holes then he disappeared , maybe he banned himself for one starring his own thread . ( Happy Administrative Professional Day ) .
    Do something Danke

Until I have time to investigate what happened to Danke this time , feel free to speculate what you think could have happened here .
    Do something Danke

I am putting off the official investigation until maybe Mon. , but it appears Martina Big and or Oprah may have been in Hong Kong early in July when Danke went missing .
    Do something Danke

Today I will be checking on the Southern End of my Empire and viewing my River ( The Ohio) . I will keep an eye on the water to see if Danke is sneaking back in in a canoe .
    Do something Danke

Real Americans celebrate Independence Day in America.

Military is only exception
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Until I have time to investigate what happened to Danke this time , feel free to speculate what you think could have happened here .
    He's probably busy looking for ScHoolboy Q's dog.

Rapper ScHoolboy Q rants at United Airlines as dog misplaced

"You guys r idiots... HOW U PUT MY DOG ON THE WRONG FLIGHT???? I need answers", he tweeted.

ScHoolboy Q was travelling with his French bulldog puppy, Yeerndamean, from Missouri to Burbank, California.

But the dog was switched during a stopover in Denver and flown to Chicago instead.

ScHoolboy Q, 30, whose non-stage name is Quincy Matthew Hanley, found out about the mishap on Friday.

In a text message to CNN on Saturday, the rapper said: "My little dog been moving around since the A.M.

"I plan on suing," he added.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-can...alflow_twitter

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Real Americans celebrate Independence Day in America.

Military is only exception
    Everywhere a real Murican goes is Murica.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Today I will be checking on the Southern End of my Empire and viewing my River ( The Ohio) . I will keep an eye on the water to see if Danke is sneaking back in in a canoe .
    I've been to that river and it's a very nice one. I hope you're keeping it well maintained,Uncle @oyarde. I expect it to be in great condition next time I come to visit. In my experience the tristate area is pretty peaceful, but you never know what might happen. Especially seeing as you're so close to a pretty big city(Cincy) and surrounded by drunk hillbillies and farmers on all sides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Maybe Danke got arrested in France. Should we start a Go Fund M for his bail?

An American Airlines passenger is speaking out about a “horrifying” ordeal she experienced on a recent flight.

Chloe King, a social media manager from New York City, was en route to Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris, France, when she awoke from a nap to learn that the man next to her had been masturbating while she slept, reports the New York Daily News.

According to King, the man was informed that he would be arrested upon landing, but King herself was not notified or woken up by the flight crew during the incident. She only learned of the man’s actions after she awoke a bit later, as the plane was descending toward Charles de Gualle. King says at that point, a flight attendant called her to the back of the plane and explained what had happened, because “they just wanted to let me know.”

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/0...r-airline.html

I'm sure he appreciates all the people that care about looking out for him.

I will keep a close watch at sea.

Maybe Danke got arrested in France. Should we start a Go Fund M for his bail?

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/0...r-airline.html
    I am thinking that is not likely illegal in european airspace .
    Do something Danke

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast