Thread: Jason Lewis for Congress

Jason Lewis for Congress

Some of you may know Jason Lewis from his talk radio program. I used to be able to listen to him in my area, but they haven't had him here for a few years (apparently he quit radio last year). He spoke very fondly of Ron Paul in the 2012 election, and advocated noninterventionism and ending the war on drugs, along with a pretty strong fiscally conservative and libertarianish message. I liked his show. I'm not necessarily supporting him yet. But I'll be interested to see how this pans out.

He's running in Minnesota's 2nd congressional district.
    http://www.startribune.com/radio-sho...ace/332083412/

http://www.jasonlewis2016.com/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-25-2016 at 07:45 AM.

Where was Jason Lewis when we were trying to keep Kline honest? Where was he when we were trying to take Kline out? Too little too late. I don't want Lewis to get in the way of someone who is actually serious about the job.

http://www.startribune.com/grass-roo...ace/331165381/
    "This here's Miss Bonnie Parker. I'm Clyde Barrow. We rob banks."

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Bickerstaff View Post
    Where was Jason Lewis when we were trying to keep Kline honest?
    On the radio winning conservatives over to noninterventionism. Is that bad?

Anyway, who's this David Gerson? Do you know much about him?

I would definitely go with David Gerson. I trust Isaac's judgement, he lives there and is very involved. I have discussed this race with him a few times. I imagine Jason would be pretty good as well. If either of them win this seat should have better representation than most.

http://gersonforcongress.com/issues/
    www.jasonlewis2016.com/
    Last edited by William Tell; 10-13-2015 at 06:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Marianne Stebbins (formerly known as Scribbler deStebbing) used to speak very highly of him.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Lewis seems good based upon his issues page.

We should create different threads if we are going to evaluate other candidates.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Gerson has challenged Kline twice already. The first time was just a primary to try to shock Kline into straightening out. Last time, there was some funny business with delegates at the convention, and Gerson lost the endorsement by only 3%. I have a hunch that the reason Kline is not seeking re-election is a direct result of the Grassroots and David Gerson. He took on Kline when not even the Democrats would (of course, why would they?). Gerson already has a track record of taking on the bad guys.

Lewis has a deficit to make up. First, he was a spectator during the opening volley. Second, as a radio personality he has already alienated some of the center and center/left that we can reach with more measured rhetoric. Very important in a left-leaning swing district. Third, when the liberty folks have a tenuous control of the second district party machinery and are able to work with the moldy ones and gain their respect, it is a bad time to split the liberty vote and open the door for a neo-con stooge like Myhra.

I came on a bit strong. I would be happy to support Lewis if he gets the endorsement, I am just afraid that his presence in the race is going to cause some uncertainty that will ultimately work against us.
    "This here's Miss Bonnie Parker. I'm Clyde Barrow. We rob banks."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Used to listen to this guy everyday on the way to college classes years ago. Yes, he was fond of Ron Paul and did a great interview with him. Not sure if he is a true libertarian, in the sense that you might consider Tom Woods or Ron Paul to be, but at a minimum a libertarian leaning conservative, similar to Rand.

At this point, anyone would be an upgrade over Kline, so I support this.

Lewis aligns with Paul Ryan over Rand Paul and the Freedom Caucus bump...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Did this guy have a voting record before running for Congress?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Lewis aligns with Paul Ryan over Rand Paul and the Freedom Caucus bump...
    Source?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

The traitor is arguing in favor of RyanCare on the house floor right now!

https://www.c-span.org/video/?425937...afternoon&live
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I supported him during the election and it's really disappointing to see him folding on healthcare. I'm sure it's probably the swing nature of the MN02 district spooking him, which has been trending Dem in recent years. Hopefully he'll find his balls on other issues and future healthcare proposals.

What a disappointment. 70% on the Freedom index, and he's never in the news doing anything good.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe