Thread: Seniors Who Have Sex Regularly Are More Content In Their Lives

Exclamation Seniors Who Have Sex Regularly Are More Content In Their Lives

Seniors Who Have Sex Regularly Are More Content In Their Lives

https://www.studyfinds.org/seniors-w...n-their-lives/

Study of nearly 7,000 older adults shows greater levels of enjoyment and wellbeing among those who report more frequent sexual activity.

LONDON — Even in our senior years, having sex regularly — or even just fooling around — can significantly improve wellbeing and contentment in life, a new study finds.

Researchers from Anglia Ruskin University and University College London found seniors who reported any type of sexual activity within the previous 12 months felt greater levels of enjoyment and satisfaction in their lives compared to sexually inactive individuals. Results were based on survey data from 6,879 participants in England who were 65 years old, on average.

“The findings of our study suggest that it may be beneficial for physicians to query geriatric patients about their sexual activity and offer help for sexual difficulties, such as problems with erections, as sexual activity helps older people live more fulfilling lives,” says Dr. Lee Smith, a reader in exercise medicine at Anglia Ruskin, in a media release.

Smith, along with co-author Sarah Jackson, found there were differences for men and women based on the type of sexual activity. Older women may improve their wellbeing more from intimate touching than from having sex. Specifically, women who reported a greater frequency of kissing, petting, and fondling felt more satisfied in their lives. They also felt emotionally closer to their partner during sex, but intercourse did not significantly improve their overall levels of enjoyment or satisfaction in life.

Conversely, older men who were happy with their sex lives and had intercourse more frequently reported greater enjoyment in life overall.

In other words, and perhaps not surprisingly, having sex was more crucial for older men to feel content, while women’s wellbeing was more connected to affectionate acts.

“Health professionals should acknowledge that older adults are not asexual and that a frequent and problem-free sex life in this population is related to better wellbeing. However, encouragement to try new positions and explore different types of sexual activities is not regularly given to ageing populations,” says Smith.

The full study was published in the open access journal Sexual Medicine.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    loveshiscountry

Doesn't this usually apply to anyone and anything?

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    Doesn't this usually apply to anyone and anything?
    Rape culture!!
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

If a doctor asked me about my sex life I would tell them it is none of their business.

Makes adults of all ages feel more content. I don't need a medical study to tell me that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    If a doctor asked me about my sex life I would tell them it is none of their business.
    I made the mistake of telling my old gyno too much. When I complained to him that my boobs were hurting (I felt like it was hormonal), he told me to cut out the rough sex. That wasn't the problem.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Smith, along with co-author Sarah Jackson, found there were differences for men and women based on the type of sexual activity. Older women may improve their wellbeing more from intimate touching than from having sex. Specifically, women who reported a greater frequency of kissing, petting, and fondling felt more satisfied in their lives. They also felt emotionally closer to their partner during sex, but intercourse did not significantly improve their overall levels of enjoyment or satisfaction in life.
    Hmm...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Smith, along with co-author Sarah Jackson, found there were differences for men and women based on the type of sexual activity. Older women may improve their wellbeing more from intimate touching than from having sex. Specifically, women who reported a greater frequency of kissing, petting, and fondling felt more satisfied in their lives. They also felt emotionally closer to their partner during sex, but intercourse did not significantly improve their overall levels of enjoyment or satisfaction in life

Lol, it's called foreplay. Was that a secret? Maybe I need to start writing studies for a living because I really don't see how this is news to anyone.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Lol, it's called foreplay. Was that a secret? Maybe I need to start writing studies for a living because I really don't see how this is news to anyone.
    yep.. this
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

It's only news for those not paying attention.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Makes adults of all ages feel more content. I don't need a medical study to tell me that.
    Yup, really no more difficult than that.

Good for the heart, for the circulation, for the mind, increases energy, helps to ease hormonal imbalances...the list is practically endless.

I made the mistake of telling my old gyno too much. When I complained to him that my boobs were hurting (I felt like it was hormonal), he told me to cut out the rough sex. That wasn't the problem.
    So I take it you changed doctors after that. I hope you reported him too..

Nah, he retired not too long after that and, overall, I thought he was a good doctor. What would I report him for? I told him he was full of $#@!. I hadn't had any rough booby sex. Anyway, he felt my boobs and said they were fine and told me to take some primrose oil and cut back on the coffee. It worked.

Report him to who?

Report him for what?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Report him to who?

Report him for what?
    To whom: the state board for physicians

For what: lewd comments.

If someone else made a similar comment on any other job especially if they are a man they would lose their job. Believe me I don't like licensure and I think it should be abolished but the only way to get rid of it is to exploit it and make it so know one in their right mind would comply.

Kissing, petting and fondling are all a part of it. As are lengthy hugs after a hard day, romantic stares with a slight eyebrow raise or wink while listening to someone drone on at a couples dinner, flirty banter, slow dancing in the kitchen while making dinner. Pulling over and making out in the car like you were a teenager. Sex isn't and has never been about the ole "in-and-out."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Depends on the relationship. I imagine Suz brings out inappropriate banter in everyone including morticians.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 12-17-2018 at 09:05 AM.

@1:52

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Kissing, petting and fondling are all a part of it. As are lengthy hugs after a hard day, romantic stares with a slight eyebrow raise or wink while listening to someone drone on at a couples dinner, flirty banter, slow dancing in the kitchen while making dinner. Pulling over and making out in the car like you were a teenager. Sex isn't and has never been about the ole "in-and-out."
    Very true. There is more to a great relationship than just sex.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Very true. There is more to a great relationship than just sex.
    Everything I described IS sex. Foreplay IS sex. We don't just read the last chapter of a novel. Or watch just the last 15 minutes of a movie. There is a beginning, a middle and an end. (And then sequels of course. )

Everything I described IS sex. Foreplay IS sex. We don't just read the last chapter of a novel. Or watch just the last 15 minutes of a movie. There is a beginning, a middle and an end. (And then sequels of course. )
    Uh huh, but some people think "in-and-out" (as you put it) is what makes them happy. Without friendship, romance and common bonds what do you have? Obviously they are skipping through the pages of the book and missing some of the important points.

If someone else made a similar comment on any other job especially if they are a man they would lose their job. Believe me I don't like licensure and I think it should be abolished but the only way to get rid of it is to exploit it and make it so know one in their right mind would comply.
    Dollar votes. That's the way to fix things. Leave a review, if it helps. No need to encourage more government.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Uh huh, but some people think "in-and-out" (as you put it) is what makes them happy. Without friendship, romance and common bonds what do you have? Obviously they are skipping through the pages of the book and missing some of the important points.
    You've got nothing...obviously.

You've got nothing...obviously.
    Huh?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I knew I was missing something.

Where can I get a bottle of it?

Huh?
    You asked:

Without friendship, romance and common bonds what do you have?
    I answered you: you have nothing, obviously.

You asked:

I answered you: you have nothing, obviously.
    My response was to phill, not your study. Sorry if you feel it was directed at you. personally.

ETA:

The answer would be nothing more than a hooker.
    Last edited by donnay; 12-17-2018 at 01:59 PM.

I don't think that will do much good, you'd accomplish more if you reported him to his mother.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

My response was to phill, not your study. Sorry if you feel it was directed at you. personally.

ETA:

The answer would be nothing more than a hooker.
    Nah, I figured it to be generalized or a rhetorical question.

aww...Verklempt!
    Last edited by Danke; 12-17-2018 at 04:04 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.